Soundgarden Front man Chris Cornell has died aged 52

Specific Neptune

how're you doin'
Pronouns
Any
Shocking news, one of my top bands. He had such a unique voice, and it is such a shame to lose him so young. Rest in peace.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/chris-cornell-dead-soundgarden-audioslave-aged-52-a7742046.html

Audioslave is one of the bands that got me into music and Soundgarden is one of my all time favorites. I'm scared to find out how he passed honestly, he's worked very hard to get himself clean from drugs and alcohol in the past.

This one has me absolutely floored. I had been meaning to listen to more Soundgarden but I unfortunately never got around to it, but I guess I have motivation now. That being said, Superunknown may be one of the best albums I've ever listened to, from top-to-bottom, and, as corny and edgy as this may sound, "Black Hole Sun" really helped me a lot when I was struggling with depression years ago. It's a very emotional song and I can't thank Chris Cornell enough for writing and giving us that song.

What an absolute titan, though. One of the greatest vocalists in rock history. It's crazy to think Eddie Vedder is the only remaining vocalist from the top-four grunge groups out of Seattle. I had just listened to my first Temple of the Dog track like two weeks ago ("Hunger Strikes") and thought it was great, and was meaning to give that album a full listen... time to embark on a Soundgarden/Audioslave/Temple of the Dog listening-binge.

I listened to so much Audioslave with my mom, it was her favorite band. I'm just really sorry for his family, he has a wife and a young daughter if I'm not wrong. And really, he seemed so clean and sober since like 2004ish so this is super out of left field :(

They're saying it might have been a suicide.

It's sad to see another music legend go this way, and I especially hope that his family gets through this alright.

Back