New Nintendo 2DS XL

But....it has hinges

I just can't believe Nintendo's current 3DS family naming conventions

Cause fuck the switch
side note if I was gonna get a new 3ds i'd get that one

Blue Bowser said:
Cause fuck the switch
side note if I was gonna get a new 3ds i'd get that one

Me too since I still have the 6 year old model but in all honesty this name is fucking ridiculous

Re: New Nintendo 2DS XL & Knuckles

This actually looks sorta cool. I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy the 3D and also don't like the XL all that much so I wouldn't get this, but that Blue + Combo looks good.

Re: New Nintendo 2DS XL & Knuckles

Dark Meta Knight said:
This actually looks sorta cool. I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy the 3D and also don't like the XL all that much so I wouldn't get this, but that Blue + Combo looks good.
I personally agree! The design looks very sleek compared to the other systems in the 3DS line, and the blue buttons make it look really awesome. I probably won't get one due to Switch hype, however.

Let me make a prediction. Nintendo is planning on releasing another handheld and want customers to stay with them until they have it ready. Same thing happen when Game Boy Advance SP and Nintendo DSi XL were released (next gen came soon afterwards) which strengthens this idea.

It is either this or it this will be like Game Boy Micro which came after the next gen. But the next gen for this would be the Nintendo Switch.

Either way, the 3DS family will continue to be on selves for a few more years.

I'm happy with my 2DS as it is. While it is nice to have 2 extra shoulder buttons, a c-stick and amiibo compatibility built in, if I had the option to buy this or the standard 2DS (imagining that I haven't already got the standard 2DS), I would probably buy the standard 2DS. My only problem with it is the hinges, which from my experience tend to break.

I'd rather Nintendo have announced a New Nintendo 3DS without the hinges than this.

yeah i like the 3D effect, but this looks pretty neato

i was going to say $150 seems a little expensive but i forgot that they never released the regular New 3DS in america for some reason

so i guess... it's fine...?

Nabber said:
i was going to say $150 seems a little expensive but i forgot that they never released the regular New 3DS in america for some reason
they released some special limited edition ones in america for some time

Hmm I like the design; it looks kinda like two phones stuck together. What this shows me is that the 3DS market is still very strong. I can really see this being attractive to people who don't have a 3DS thanks to its features and the huge library of games that 3DS has amassed. I suppose 3D isn't really all that important; when I'm playing a 3ds game I hardly notice whether 3D is on or not.

Nabber said:

They did, unless you mean not outside of some sort of bundle (e.g. Happy Home Designer).

I've never understood the market need for the 2DS, since everything in the 3DS line has a slider, but this is nice for 2DS owners who want to play portable SNES games or the two games that actually use that nub for something.

Mario4Ever said:
Nabber said:

They did, unless you mean not outside of some sort of bundle (e.g. Happy Home Designer).

I've never understood the market need for the 2DS, since everything in the 3DS line has a slider, but this is nice for 2DS owners who want to play portable SNES games or the two games that actually use that nub for something.
You've returned

Mario4Ever said:
Nabber said:

IDK it's cheaper. I got the 2DS not because it was cheaper but because it didn't have hinges. I don't trust myself with things that have hinges.

But this has hinges so now all it has is the cheaper option.

Back