Author Topic: Mario Awards Killing Game I: Despair Mansion -- Lounge (TOKENS!)  (Read 8088 times)

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
i just kinda chose what i revealed on a whim, with a mix of relevant and non-relevant information in the file. i could probably add in more relevant info so cases don't drag on so much, but tbf the game is already quite heavily set against the killer :P

also yeah i agree with you re: day actions, i might need to ban those next kg to even the playing field. at least they didn't seem to cause /too/ much trouble this time around

in short, thanks all for your thoughts and criticisms. i'll keep all of these in mind when i prepare for next year's killing game... for sure with at least one co-host lol

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
You should follow the tropical theming of DR2 and make Isle Defino the setting  8)

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
yeah, or luigis mansion

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
Legit though running around Isle Delfino next time sounds like fun.

You know what Sunshine emphasised? Paint  :bowser: :bowjr: :bowser:

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
And people being convicted of crimes they didn't commit. 8)

It would be funny if when you're voted killer you'd have to clean up everything before you carry out your death sentence
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

<< Watch Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee Nuzlocke Stream >>
Ask Me Stuff

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
LB take notes

Next game make me Ultimate Janitor

Yohane Tsushima

• Fallen Angel
  • Celestial Guide
  • Stargazing
  • who's yoshiko lol
    • View Profile
Forbidden Action: Can not make messes, as you are aware that they are a big pain to clean. This includes paint of any kind. :bowser:

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
LB take notes

Welp, someone here's gunning for Freakworld's job.

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
LB take notes

Welp, someone here's gunning for Freakworld's job.
don't you mean axeing  :yoshi: :bowser: :yoshi: :bowser: :yoshi:

im sorry ill go now

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
Late, but that was an amazing game to play. Thanks so much for hosting it, it was without a doubt the best game I've played here yet.

If you're interested in any of my night actions, I'll post summaries of each one here.

Night 1:
-Slept in the Igloo after getting some stuff from the Cellar.

Night 2:
-Made a makeshift No-Face costume from some random stuff I found.
-Partied all night.
-Saw Shokora covered in paint in the Studio.

Night 3:
-Smasher stole the key, then died.
-I tried to signal something to GBA through showing a message to his cameras, but I couldn't find any.
-Found the **Ultimate Riddle**, a set of notes detailing everyone's roles. I only figured it out after the game ended, and spent a good chunk of the game thinking Mariofan was the Ultimate Despair. Whoops.
-Saw Ninelevendo unconscious and bleeding near the Cellar.

Night 4:
-Attempted to kill Ninelevendo by knocking him out, dragging him to the Igloo, then setting everything on fire using a homemade bomb so I could escape in time.
-Messed with GBA's cameras in case he saw me try and kill Ninelevendo using my Ultimate Spy abilities. I guess I ended up permanently destroying the cameras? Sorry about that.

Night 5:
-Take the Key back. The Altar's all mine now.
-Put on a costume of a Rugrats character, thinking that no one would think I would know anything about Rugrats. I never needed it, but it was a le epic prank anyway.
-Trade some information for a sword with Ninelevendo, and hide the sword in the Altar along with the costume.
-I try to visit GBAToad to join in on whatever he was doing- I even brought snacks- but he barricaded the entrance.

Night 6:
-Recreate the glory of the MIGHTY 3x3 RUBIX FIDGET KAZOO, and put some paint in it.
-Go to the Wake and give a speech, then kazoo everything and everyone in sight.
-Turb knocked me out.

Night 7:
-All I really did was paint portraits of everyone who had died up until then, as a tribute.

Night 8:
-I finished up the portraits, with the survivors looking more alive.
-My plan was to burn the entire mansion down using excessive amounts of gasoline, but I was blown up before I got the chance.
-On hindsight, what I should have done was make some sort of makeshift flamethrower for defending myself and clearing out any traps. I had gasoline, matches, and I'm sure I could have found a bottle somewhere. Ah well, that's what I get for rushing the night action.

Anyway, what a great game. Hopefully we can play this again sometime.

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Awards Killing Game I: Despair Mansion -- Lounge (TOKENS!!)
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2017, 11:36:25 PM »
I'm so sorry this took so long, I've been very busy and just having a rough time lately, but they're finally here!

First off, I'll be starting with the individual Player Awards. These are given to the top players throughout the game, in three categories: Best Kill, Best Role Play, and MVP. I award them to three different players based on their actions throughout the game, and their resulting effects amongst both the game and the players.

The first one to be presented will be the Best Kill Award. I analyzed all of the killings made in the game, and factored in cleverness, planning, and most of all, creativity. I also considered the players' reactions to it, the chaos it caused, and the killer's tactics for evading the lynch. All things considered, one kill stood out from the others.

The Best Kill Award goes to...

Shokora!

Honorable mentions: GBAToad (D4), Superchao

His killing of Stargazing was the most creative kill I've seen not only in this Killing Game, but every other Killing Game I've witnessed as well. Many applauded his genuine cleverness and creativity, and his tactics to evade a lynch were nearly perfect: had Day 2 only ended 30 minutes earlier, he would've gotten away with it, and very much deservedly so. Congratulations, Shokora, for being the most psychopathic killer of us all!

Next up is the Best Role Play Award. This award is a more unique one. Here, instead of analyzing player actions, I instead analyzed players' interactions and antics with one another. I judged based on their faithfulness to their role, their uniqueness in their day phase actions, and what they did during the night to stick to their personas. All things considered, one player rose above the rest in terms of dedication.

The Best Role Play Award goes to...

Shoey!

Honorable mentions: Meta Knight, Packy

Shoey's actions gave many of us a hearty laugh throughout the game. With things like Swordwatch, Turboo the Boo, and counting sand, it's no contest that Shoey had the most fun with the role play aspect of the game. Thank you, Shoey, for being a beam of light in this game of despair!

Finally comes the MVP Award. I awarded this to the player who, as the name suggests, was the most important player in the game. Based on their activity, night actions, arguments, and interactions with other players, the game would be far less exciting without them. This game's MVP became apparent quickly, and only continued to shine as the game went on.

The MVP Award goes to...

Turboo!

Honorable mentions: GBAToad, Meta Knight

Turboo was an extremely valuable asset in the game from the beginning. He quickly became one of the game's most active players, and often spearheaded lynches throughout the day phases. Special thanks is also deserved for continuing to remain active as the game hit doldrums of activity towards the end. You kept the game from running at negative FPS, Turb; congrats!

And that concludes this impromptu awards ceremony. Below are the token totals for each player; if you have any concerns, please speak up ASAP!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you again for participating in and enjoying this year's Killing Game. Onto the next game, bound to have just as much despair as this game did! :bowser:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:33:34 AM by Subaru »

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Awards Killing Game I: Despair Mansion -- Lounge (Final Commentary)
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2017, 11:41:09 PM »
I'm still waking up in a feverish sweat over this killing game and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks again LB so much for hosting this!

Honoka's #5 Fan

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Celestial Guide
  • Raven Effect
  • That's what I call hamburgers
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Awards Killing Game I: Despair Mansion -- Lounge (TOKENS!)
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2017, 11:56:46 PM »
Aw yeah I won the goofball award

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »
Additionally, I would like to call on everyone who drew anything related to the Killing Game to please provide me with said drawings, if you are willing. I plan to showcase them all in the Killing Game special section for Issue 125 in a few weeks, so if you can get them to me soon, please do! Thank you!

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2017, 03:48:07 AM »
Thanks!!