Author Topic: Koops' Fanmade Paper Mario: plot twisted thread. (Sprites and explanations too).  (Read 1032 times)

Koopd Guy

• A guy with a relatively overgrown mustache and beard.
  • Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
Re: Koops' Fanmade Paper Mario: plot twisted thread. (Feedback needed)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
Another quick update: I cannot use the internet until this Tuesday, except some exceptions I guess. So I won't uploading sprite until said date. Sorry for the delay and thanks for understanding.

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 12:16:55 PM »
Hey, Guys!! Guess what!!
My internet connection is finally restored, and am I happy, because I'll now be able to showcase three artworks.
Bad news, though, I'm back to school, so uploads will be less frequent.

So, first things first, I present a colorless version of Hunter, the third Chapter Boss. Why Colorless? Well, I didn't finish him in one go, so he was put on the background layer, which makes it really hard to color him.

Spoiler: Hunter (click to show/hide)

Then, The next Chapter's Boss,  Giggles. Not exactly the best design, but it's still there.

Spoiler: Mister Giggles (click to show/hide)

But, however, none of those two match the beauty hiding down in that spoiler. Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly give you, what you were all waiting for, LUCIFER!!!!!!!! Before I put her, I want to tell you that not only do I love the way she turned out, but I personally think it is my best sprite yet. And the fact that she is already that cool-looking helps a LOT! She also comes down as one of my favorite partners in the whole game, so I took my time drawing her. Seeing how you guys liked those other drawings, then you'll just love the eel girl.

Spoiler: Lucifer (click to show/hide)

So here you finally have her... And the other two of course    ;) ;) ;) ;), now about Lucifer, well, her backstory isn't full yet, but we will soon discover her true identity in another chapter.

What do you think? What should I improve with the sprites or story? Are they good? Or bad? Or can be better? That feedback can come in handy in the future.

Until next time, possibly tomorrow, we die waiting for Chapter 5. Don't forget to comment!

See ya! ;D

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:26:09 AM by Koopd Guy »

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »
Hello again! I'm happy everything is turning out great! And in the meantime, I've been thinking chapter 5's plot, so let's get into this s***!

That does it for Chapter 5. Tell me in any form of text what are your current impressions on this fanmade project. Next time, I'll post in this thread Rockbert and Eewakk.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:26:09 PM by Koopd Guy »

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 05:36:25 AM »
Hello, fellow earthlings! Before I release these artworks now, just want to say I am sorry for my recent inactivity on this thread. I just don't find enough time to use my computer because of homework and other school stuff.

Now that I've cleared that out, let's get started. First, I give you Eewakk, the sentient rock possessed by a malevolent spirit.
Spoiler: Eewakk (click to show/hide)

Up next, here's Rockbert, the rocky partner.
Spoiler: Rockbert (click to show/hide)

And remember when I said skellobits where getting a new redesign? Well, here it is. Not that glorious, but you can say it looks better than in Super Paper Mario. Or not.
Spoiler: Skellobit redesign (click to show/hide)

That does it for now. Remember to comment if anything bothers you, and please give me feedback, which is highly appreciated. (One day, it will sound like I'm begging for feedback).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 05:39:16 AM by Koopd Guy »

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »
Hi again, and today, I'll write I guess part of Chapter 6, because I'm starting at 8:00 PM exactly so I don't think I'll have time to entirely write it. So anyway, enough chit-chat, let's start already.

HOLY (Bleep)!!! God bless ya! This page actually reloaded when I didn't save my changes to the chapter when I was at the END! I had to rewrite everything. But I thankfully pulled it off. And sorry if it's a little messed up. Some commentary for this chapter is definitely needed tho. Please feel free to do so.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:49:03 PM by Koopd Guy »

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 02:26:19 PM »
Breaking new! Chapter updated!

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
FINALLY!! Chapter 6 is complete!

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »
Hey guys! I want to change things a little today: I am going to talk about stuff in the game, whether it's mechanics or... mechanics. So anyways, let's go!

So as you should've guessed, the gameplay goes back to the first two's style, with a 3d world to explore and doing casual paper Mario stuff. There are no new overworld gimmicks, aside from some "combo techniques" you can do with partners, such as standing on Rockbert and using Penny, making you glide a little further. Star pieces return, having the same purpose as before (trading them for badges). You can also cook recipes with one or two ingredients, but this time, three or four item combinations can be made and experimented with. In almost every "town"-like area, you will find an Inn. Stop by to replenish your stats excluding star power. You can also buy items at a shop, and the shop points system is still here. Don't forget to take a look at the arcade. Mini games can be played there, and with that, earn tokens to trade them with rare stuff.

As of the battle system, Mario can use his hammer, jump, code star chips, tactics, items or run away, but this time around you can equip and unequip badges in-battle, but this will take you a turn. Your partners can now also wear their own badges, instead of having to find "P" versions of them. Speaking of the partners, they can now perform combo attacks with either Mario and Luigi, and have their own badge attacks. The partners still have their own HP bars, but they now also have their own FP bars. If a combo attack is performed, both of the attackers will lose half of the cost in FP of that attack. The in-battle spin returns, but this time, it is different: After you perform action commands successfully, a red or green dot will randomly pop up in the top right corner of the screen. Get three of the same color, and pick a card. Whatever's on it defines what will happen. There are 15 possible outcomes, which I won't be listing now.

Aside from all that, there are several Nintendo references hidden (or obvious) throughout the game. These are an alternate thing you can do when you don't know what to do.

So guys, was that good? Should I improve this? And what should I improve? You decide! Tell me in a reply what do you think of this. So I guess I'll see you tomorrow!

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2017, 03:14:24 PM »
Hey, there! People of the internet! Or Mario Boards! Anyway, I'm here to present to you, after six whole chapters and a prologue, HECTOR AND VICTOR!!!!!

Spoiler: Hector and Victor (click to show/hide)

That black flower Hector is levitating is the black flower.... And also they reference Mario and Luigi: The more "manly one" is dressed in red, and another is dressed in green, who is seemingly weaker-minded.

And now, let's move to Ying, aka Nina, the legendary thief partner.

Spoiler:  Nina (click to show/hide)

I know... She looks like some "Book of Ages" partner, but it's purely coincidental. Anyway, Bye!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 03:17:42 PM by Koopd Guy »

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »
Greetings, persons. Today, We will "dive" deep into chapter 7. This is a good chapter, and it reveals something. So let's gew!

It's over now. A touching end, and that makes it a good chapter. Next, I will upload Stayzee, Sataneel... and maybe just for the heck of it, I'll draw Asmodeus.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:10:40 PM by Koopd Guy »

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »
Chapter 7 updated.

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2017, 12:24:46 AM »
You know what, guys? Since I have free time and no-one is really active at the moment, I'd just like to explain some of the names found in the game.

Goombeddy is obviously derived from Goomba and Eddy.

Kooplea herself is obviously derived from Koopa and the female name Lea.

Hackula gets his name from Dracula. Since he is a hacker, I just slapped the word Hack on the name.

King pen and Penny both get their names from the fact that their specie' stings are pens. Harry's name though is nothing special, I just thought Harry was a more British name.

President Squeezee is just a crazee dayzee name, nothing special either.

The Kaktus is a cactus-like creature. Kathy the Kaktus' name just makes it an alliteration.

King Bobthur, Percybomb, Lancebob and Hunter are all taken from the legend of king Arthur. Bobthur is Arthur, Percybomb is Perceval and Lancebob is obviously Lancelot. Hunter himself is taken from the Fisher King, guardian of the real Master Chalice, the Graal, or at least that's what I think it's called. When Bobthur says to Percybomb "You didn't get it when it was in front of you!" That references the fact that in the story, Perceval gets lost, and he looks for a place to get information on where he is. He comes across a castle, whose owner, Fisher King, greets the latter. At one point, while they were eating together, a group of women begin carrying some of the King's worthy belongings, and one of them has a chalice on a pillow. It's the Graal, but the knight does not recognize it.

All of Lucifer, Asmodeus and Sataneel's names are taken from demons classified by the Lanterne of Light, an anonymous writer. He made up seven demons and attributed to each of them a sin. Lucifer is the demon of pride, the feeling of thinking you are more important than the others. Asmodeus was given the sin of lust, which is shown by the fact that he is madly in love with the in-game Lucifer. Sataneel's name is obviously taken from Satan, whose sin is Wrath.

That is not the only meaning of Lucifer's name though. Before the name was given to a demon, the word Lucifer was used once in the ancient will of the Bible. It's meaning was the morning star, or the bringer of light. Coincidentally, Lucifer's ability is to bring light to dark areas. And also electricity.

Giggles and Dooplay are pretty self explanatory.

Skiller is not obvious to guess, but it's "Skilled Killer", just because in the stone age, hunting was the biggest thing.

Rockbert is a cross of Rock and Robert.

Eewakk's name is taken from the japanese word "Iwa" that means rock, and "wakk" is just taken from "whack", which Eewakk often does.

Broman empire is just the inclusion of "B" at the beginning to give it a more "Hammer Bro" feel.

Chuck is just a generic name I wanted to use for a broman Hammer bro, but I also realized it fits because hammer bros "chuck" hammers.

Ying is taken from the first half of "Ying-Yang", even though ninjas are japan stuff. The fact that Nina's reel name is this, that implies she has a sibling, whose name could be Yang.

Nina is not hard to guess.

Flameron is derived from "Cameron" and "Flame". He is indeed a fiery creature.

Tacky T is just a Toad name, with an alliteration.

Professor Majimi's name comes from some toy I found on the internet, called moji.mi, which are basically cute monster figures. That is why the character looks like some sort of little monster. He will get drawn in I don't know how much time, but eventually guys.

Planktopus is not a hard one, but I'll just point out that it's "Plankton" and "Octopus" together.

And finally, for now, Stayzee is just "Stacey" arranged to sound like a crazee dayzee name.

Now you guys understand those words much better. Thank you for all of you guys that are supporting and possibly today, I'll post Sataneel and Stayzee, and probably Asmodeus.

Reize

• Wandering Traveler
  • King Bowser
  • Roserade
  • "Your reign of terror ends here!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2017, 09:38:23 AM »
That update made a couple of things make a lot more sense, thank you.

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »
Your welcome. I also forgot to mention that Sulafhat island has its name taken from the Arabic word for turtle. This is one that no-one could've guessed.

So anyway, Now I'm here to give you Sataneel, Lucifer's father.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am though not very happy with this, his hand-drawn artwork looks way better. He will get redrawn someday.

And here's Stayzee the Crazee Dayzee partner.

Asmodeus is currently being drawn. I'll post him later.

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »
Theeeeere you go! Here's a fresh Asmodeus coming out of the drawing software! He looks cool, like Lucifer. Speaking of her, they are the same species!!!

Here he is. Hope you like him!

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 02:18:37 PM »
Chhhhhhhapter 8, here we come. This is the mandatory cloud stage of the game you're about to read.

I didn't get time to do this. At least we know what is behind the door.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:40:29 PM by Koopd Guy »

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »
Ch8 update!

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
Lucifer's Biography got updated, since we now know her backstory. Go give the girl some love and check this update out.

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
Chapter 8 extended.

Koopd Guy

• Sparky
  • Koops the koopa troopa
  • Koopez are naice.
    • View Profile
Hey guys. Just some update to tell you I didn't write anything today, because I was drawing stuff for future chapters. So anyway, I surely am glad I did that, because now, I drew everything I wanted to draw until the chapter 11 partner.