Would you buy an art of Mario book?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
So, Zelda and Fire Emblem have got art books recently, showcasing known art and unleashing new art to the world, do you think it would be cool if we got one for Mario?

I think the funnest ones would be for Mario Kart due to possible art of unmade racers and art process of making the stages, same with Super Super Smash Bros, I would also like to see ones for the RPGs, Warioware, Mario Party and the main series because those have great art already.

Better question, who wouldn't want a book of Mario concept art? I always love concept art for any favorite game, it gives you a look at the thought processes behind development of the game, and it's just really interesting to see scrapped ideas and concepts, or prototype builds of the final one.

i would like to own one because i like those sort of things , i like art in general and looking at what Nintendo official artists do whether it makes it to the final game or not inspires me , i like their simple vector style the most.

Lakituthequick said:
There was an art book enclosed with Super Mario Maker, how much would that count?

I actually have that book about a foot away from me!

I have the Mario 25th booklet, it was nice...
But I'd love to see a Hyrule Historia-esque book full of Mario art, from the main games, Kart, sports games, RPGs, and the other spinoffs... That'd be really cool

Certainly, provided it's more than just official art. It has to show the concept art leading up to the creation of the characters, or alternative takes on characters (such as the Link with a guitar or Link with motorcycle, shown for the Breath of the Wild concept art). It would be interesting to see the concept art leading up to the creation of Waluigi (and what would Wapeach look like).

Thanks for reading.

Of course I would.. if I had the money!

You can see how many characters have an interesting story behind them, for example a sketch about Bowser's first redesign in 1986 revealed that Tezuka too was involved in his redesign and that the Koopalings appeared as soon as Bowser was redesigned in 1986! Now, if a single sketch can give us so much information, imagine how precious a book having a lot of sketches and artwork can be!

It woudl be really nice if that book also had new artwork of the main characters, as Bowser Jr. for example really need it...

I just want to see scrapped designs for the Baby Mario Bros.

Baby Luigi said:
Better question, who wouldn't want a book of Mario concept art? I always love concept art for any favorite game, it gives you a look at the thought processes behind development of the game, and it's just really interesting to see scrapped ideas and concepts, or prototype builds of the final one.

this entirely, man people lose their fucking minds when a new rpg comes out with an artbook, they eat that shit up immediately.

I cant even imagine how big a mario art book would be, like give it some good quality visual effort and fans will go nuts over it.

Baby Luigi said:
I was about to say the same thing when I saw this topic. If I'm not mistaken in terms of art books, there are certain categories including the "concepts" as well as the "final" arts done in used for promotion of said installments when they are finalized.

Granted, I would still wait for the arts themselves to be relayed to us from the press in their regular sizes, but I'd still get the book related to the Mario series for sure.

As long as there is a good amount of new Daisy or Baby Daisy art. Like....Daisy doing things that don't look out of place or "stock".

Well have fun being art book less.

Baby Luigi said:
Well have fun being art book less.

Come on, they've done new Daisy art before. And the most recent one is from Mario Party Star Rush (the getting hit by an item one)

More of this

HISMWD2.jpg

Less of this

latest

Back