Lee Chaolan

Oh, excellent!
Cause we needed more Kirby topics

1. Kirby: Planet Robobot - 10/10 everything was great
2. Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Multipayer was awesome
3. Kirby Triple Deluxe - basically a slightly worse Robobot
4. Amazing Mirror - Loved the different style
5. Kirby Air Ride - City Trial is life
6. Kirby's Adventure / Nightmare in Dream Land - Introduced copy abilities which are great.
7. Kirby Super Star (Ultra) - Different moves on copy abilities is great, but the game is too short.
8. Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush - Touch controls are alright but kinda uninteresting.
9. Kirby's Epic Yarn - Haven't finished it yet, but it's kinda just an average platformer.
10. Kirby's Dream Land - Way too short, doesn't have copy abilities which are the main reason why I like most Kirby games. (Granted, it is the original, but still)

The others I haven't played enough of to say, but I don't think I like the Dark Matter trilogy all that much.

Here's my personal list (sans Robobot, still have yet to play):

1. Triple Deluxe
2. Return to Dreamland
3. Super Star Ultra
4. Epic Yarn
5. Dream Land 3
6. Air Ride
7. Adventure
8. Amazing Mirror
9. 64
10. Rainbow Curse (forgot you Europeans got Rainbow Paintbrush)

I've only played these ones

1. Kirby Air Ride - Overall fun game. Lots of content and easy to play.
2. Kirby's Epic Yarn - Haven't played a lot, but I enjoyed it.
3. Kirby's Dream Land - We ended up losing this game some time after we got it, but I remember liking it.
4. Kirby Star Stacker - Mine's Japanese, so that's cool. Haven't played it much.
Unranked. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe - Leaving this unranked because I have not played it to it's full potential yet, but it's fun so far.

1. Kirby Super Star Ultra - In my opinion, one of the greatest games ever made. Not sure if that speaks well for the library of games I've played, but this game is just really, really fun. All the different game modes, the gameplay, the music, even the mini/subgames are really fun.
2. Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Kind of like right below Ultra. I haven't played this game in awhile but it was really, really fun and I remember being super hyped for it and I was not let down at all.
3. Kirby Air Ride - In a ranking of my most-played video games, playing City Trial by itself ranks way up there. Kind of an anomaly of a game in that I can't really think of much else like it (particularly with its three different game modes). It kind of bums me out that we'll probably never get a Kirby game like it again but at the same time it makes me happy because it makes this game so special.
4. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Super linear but at the same time turns out to be a really good game. Zero Two is like the greatest Kirby character of all time.
5. Kirby's Epic Yarn - Think I got close to beating this game but I never got around to finishing it. It's pretty fun and it makes me want to play Woolly World.
6. Kirby Mass Attack - I sometimes keep forgetting I ever bought this game. For some reason I could never really get into it but it's not bad. A game I really need to revisit sometime soon.
7. Kirby: Canvas Curse - One of my first DS games and it's pretty underrated, truthfully. Sort of an anomaly like Air Ride until Rainbow Curse came around. Another title I haven't played in YEARS. I remember struggling with it when I first got it and then I came back to it a few years later and loved it.
8. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - WHERE DO I EVEN GO IN THIS GAME I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING

1. Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (four player link cable makes this game a whole lot better but the game itself is already fantastic by itself)
2. Kirby Air Ride (City Trial is the best mode for a racing game)
3. Kirby's Return to Dream Land (co-op is totally awesome)
4. Kirby Planet Robobot (the robot transformations are totally awesome)
5. Kirby's Epic Yarn (very cute game with a lot of fun ideas)
6. Kirby Canvas Curse (also a very creative games, though the touch controls are quite gimmicky)
7. Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (one of the first Kirby games I've played, sadly it doesn't really hold up to this day of amazing Kirby games)

Kirby Fighters Deluxe is also pretty great, I'm not ranking it with the rest of the Kirby series, though, since it's cheaper and a bit unfair to compare this small title with the rest.

I'll just do a top ten.

1. Kirby Mass Attack - HNNNG, always loved the spritework and music. Controlling a mob of ten Kirbys and bumrushing anything that even so much as looks at you funny is a ridiculously euphoric experience.

2. Kirby Planet Robobot - Took what made Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe so great and ran with it in a blaze of glory. The Robobot Armor is considerably more fleshed out in comparison to the Super Copy Abilities and Hypernova.

3. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Admittedly it might be a touch of nostalgia that makes me prefer it over RtD and TD, but there is something always so... magical about this game. I can't quite put my finger on it... Also Adeleine and Ribbon seriously should return in a future Kirby game beyond just simple cameos.

4. Kirby's Return to Dreamland/Kirby Triple Deluxe - Just gonna tie them since I have mostly similar feelings about the two, ridiculously fun games with outstanding final boss themes.

5. Kirby Superstar (Ultra) - Always a blast to play and a good way to kill some time.

6. Kirby Dreamland 3 - Love the Crayon-esque aesthetic.

7. Kirby's Epic Yarn - Very cute and visually stimulating.

8. Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland - Outstanding remake.

9. Kirby Air Ride - Would be a lot higher if I hadn't made the foolish mistake of trading this game in a long time ago.

10. Kirby Block Ball - Takes the concept of breakout above and beyond.

1) Kirby Super Star (Ultra)
2) Kirby Air Ride
3) Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
4) Kirby Return to Dreamland
5) Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
6) Kirby Triple Deluxe
7) Kirby's Epic Yarn
8) Kirby Canvas Curse

1. Kirby 64
2. Kirby Super Star (Ultra)
3. Kirby's Return To Dream Land
4. Kirby Triple Deluxe
5. Kirby's Dream Land 2
6. Kirby's Adventure
7. Kirby's Dream Land 3
8. Kirby's Dream Land

the others I either haven't played much of them, don't care or just don't like them at all

Back