What if a Mario game had a character creator?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Okay, let's get the elephant in the room out of the way first:
Miis.17345b15.9afde10b.png

Yes, Mii have generally been that but they weren't specifically made for Mario games, I'm taking about a Mario centric character creator, considering all the backlash of the just the idea of it being in Sonic Forces, I don't think putting them in a platformer would be a good idea, I'm thinking we should save them for the spin off, have them be like the Craft Yoshi in PAYWW but a bit more customizeable, give them specific powers, a specific specie and maybe even a voice that you can adjust, I think the idea could be cool if it was made for the right game

Wait why would there be significant backlash of it in Sonic Forces...? Why? Is it because they can now make their fan OCs a thing? I don't see why that would be necessarily a bad thing unless they pollute sharing sites or whatever; as long as they do it for themselves and for fun, there should be no issue for it.

Character customization in general would be a great thing to have. Maybe not a character creator, but having accessories, different palettes, and different costumes of what your character can potentially wear is always a great thing. It makes your favorite character feel even more personal to you when he's wearing something a bit unique from the other guys.

If there was a character creator, I wish it was as powerful as Spore's creature creator. Of course, that game was entirely centric on creating custom creatures and objects, but it's probably the best character creator out there, and it's a shame the series is probably going to be dead forever. Thank goodness for mods, really.

I was gonna write more but I'll keep it short: The point of a customisable character is to ensure that you will like the character. Since Mario already has a plethora of different characters to choose from, the focus should be on them, not something else. Avatar-based games will mainly focus on avatars while character focused games will focus on characters, if you get what I'm saying. That's probably why the Sonic Forces idea is getting backlash, because Sonic already has many unique characters to like.

What Mario does need though is more customisation to different characters since it lets you tweak someone you like to suit your standard even more. Like if I could make Luigi faster in Mario Tennis it would make me connect with the character more and make it feel like my own, even though Luigi is his own character.

I'd prefer them to just use my favorite characters, but being able to accurately make them (and have it look believable) would be the next best thing. If it's just a barebones Mii Maker like thing only with design features from Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Toad, Peach and Yoshi then no thanks. Best I could make with that are those guys who are based on main characters (Mr. L, Bowletta, etc) and even then it would be a stretch.

You know all those "create a partner" topics you often see on paper mario boards?

We'd get a lot of that.

Eren Jäger said:
http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Darky_Mario_(Mario_Texture)
I debated whether or not I should click on this for quite a while.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda disappointed. I was expecting something much, much worse.

Magikrazy said:
Eren Jäger said:
http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Darky_Mario_(Mario_Texture)
I debated whether or not I should click on this for quite a while.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda disappointed. I was expecting something much, much worse.

Seriously?

Just go to fucknobrawlvault's blog, you'll see a lot worse crap on there.

That would be amazing! I'd make Wawaluigi ;D there could even be customizable goombas or koopas. Or even bob-ombs. The possibilities!

Only if I could make ANY character I wanted, because as people mentionned before, limited tools to create those characters would not allow to create the ones you want, take for example... I don't know, an eel that has complicted design, if this works like the Mii's thing then it would be near impossible, even impossible to make. I don't know how they can make that into an actual game, but if they can, then do it.

Recently I've been making parody Miis of Mario characters. I suppose I'd have fun for a while with a more Mario-based character creator to make weirdos like Murio and Whyrio.

G32ZrpK.png
mkFGo7u.png

those miis are terrifying as hell

I feel that, given that Mario has a lot of different species and characters, it would be difficult to create a character without them looking like a potential abomination without any coherence. However, if a species is designated as the "character creation", it could work.

As for human-like characters, I thought that Mario's style of humans would be a cool feature to have. I already liked seeing the Miis interact with Mario and friends, so having a "doll" that I made would be even better.

Thanks for reading.

Back