Team Kirby Clash Deluxe

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g3VWOvlcGs

No one has made a topic for this yet, and I played some of it and it's pretty good. As much as I can tell it plays exactly like the minigame in Planet Robobot. HOWEVER, they did mobilize it. You see in the eshop, it's labeled as "free to start", which implies that there's additional purchases, and there kind of is. There's a stamina meter, in-game currency that you can buy. It's meh but as far as I can tell it's all optional. I'll let you know if it isn't, unless someone knows already. Also I don't know if there is online or local multiplayer.

Also they added in equipment and and armor to purchase, which is a great touch, and makes it seem even more like an action rpg. Also there's QUESTS!

It's alright so far, I would give it a try definitely.

And once again we have another Kirby game full of fanservice.

Spoilers for the final battle.

jWiXJ3U.png

A battle with a fusion of King Dedede and Dark Mind? Can't say I saw that coming.

Ok so good news is that anything using IRL money is completely optional. In a way though. When you unlock more quests and bosses to fight, you have to pay with the in game currency which are Gem Apples. They give you a decent amount of these apples so it's not too bad. I can imagine that you have to grind for them in the late game, but that's whatever. The game does encourage you to buy these apples with real life money. There's a tree that grows apples and you can get them for free once they restock. If you buy a certain number of apples using real currency, that tree grows and you can get more free apples. Like I said, it's optional, but it's still there.

And I think that's all they put in the game as far as making it like a mobile game, bar from the stamina I mentioned above, which fills up every time you level up.

Mcmadness said:
And once again we have another Kirby game full of fanservice.

Spoilers for the final battle.

jWiXJ3U.png

A battle with a fusion of King Dedede and Dark Mind? Can't say I saw that coming.

Here's the music for the final boss:

I may not be the biggest fan of Amazing Mirror, but when that dark mind theme kicks in... :toad:

It's always nice to see returning faces.

Pretty far into the game so far, I'm like level 23 or something, and the game is pretty fun. It's got a lot of quests and achievements to do. A ton of fanservice as well.

I do have the issue of constantly running out of gem apples, which means I basically can't do anything but grind until I get more. It's kinda annoying, I wish this was a paid game instead. I'll go as far as I can without buying anything but it might be worth getting some since it upgrades your tree so you get more every 12 hours, which is useful.

"Pyribbit is a great boss. I love him, he's my favorite!" -Literally no one

Why did HAL add this background dwelling time sinking piece of shit to the game? Literally any other re-used boss would have been better. I literally beat him with .01 seconds left. Seriously, my time was 2:59:99.

I am sadly not impressed with this game. I wish they would've just gave us a whole game rather than this mobile trick-you-into-spending-money gimmick

Yeah I'm stuck on another wall with apples. I need 90 to access the next level and 80 to get any of the many gear pieces that I need when I've only got 70.

Welp back to grinding, cause that's the only thing I can do aside from buy apples.

I played it a little; seems to just be beating up a bunch of bosses. Not something that's gonna hold my interest very much.

I thought that game would be a demo, but it's actually a Free-to-start game. The most surprising thing about this game is that later on the Gem Apples could be too much. I am pretty hesitant to spend them on weapons/armour simply because to get to the next battles, more have to be spent. The thing, when the "Tougher" levels are unlocked, they require upward to 30 Gem Apples per battle to unlock them, which is a whole lot! So far I have unlocked every boss in 3 areas, and now I have 4 or 5 more to unlock.

I haven't spend any money on this, but I am tempted to get the cheapest offer so that I can get 8 Apples per 12 hours, which at this point is better since 5 Apples is frankly too little at this point. Thankfully the Missions give a decent amount of apples, and the Adventurers helped the adventure a ton. There's one Adventurer in particular (Crimson, with the strongest Beam Mage gear and Level 47) that is very helpful in making battles easier.

Thank you for reading.

Just make sure to be careful spending apples, you get them relatively frequently early in the game but later on they become a bit hard to get without waiting for ages, so don't go spending all of the, on gear you don't need.

Also I would highly recommend playing multiplayer if that's an option. It makes apples and vigour less of a problem and is a ton of fun.

I feel like the gear I get is sufficient, even if I do spend quite a number on them. I got the Golden Hammer Lord set, Golden Staff and Level 2 Mage Hat, Mad Scientist Flask and the Level 3 Doctor Hat, and Crimson Sword with the Level 2 Sword Hat.

Finally beaten all the other levels, unlocking the final area. The first level of that area costs 90 Apples! That is out of my range, but I will eventually be able to build up the resources to get them. I guess it would be close to impossible to unlock most of the final levels, because Wikirby mentioned that the final levels cost a whole lot of Apples, which are: 120, 150, 180 and 200 respectively! Given that I am close to the end (I assume the final battles are extras), I will just patiently collect the apples to unlock the final area, so that I don't spend any money.

Some of the Adventurers I met look like they are from my Friends list, and I am surprised that some of them have played very well. One of the Bulbagarden people in my list is Level 49 with the Level 10 Beam gear and the paintbrush, which is a very big help!

Thank you for reading.

...and I have beaten the Ordeal, which nets me the game's credits! Using Beam Mage is very important due to that boss being an aerial-type of enemy, and I have learned that the CPUs don't normally charge their Beam for Time Stop shenanigans.

I wonder if I should even continue playing this game, since the levels require an obscene amount of Gem Apples to unlock (for someone who hasn't payed), and I have only a fraction of the cost required for the next Ordeal.

Thank you for reading.

Finished all 42 bosses with Platinum ranks! During this time I upgraded my Beam Mage to Platinum DX, which I feel is the most important role in order to get Platinum. Sword Hero is next, but I haven't got DX. I plan to stop the game after I got Sword Hero to Platinum DX, since I think Sword Hero isn't common compared to Beam.

Thank you for reading.

I just realised why Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday award more crystals of the corresponding types:
1) The Japanese word for Tuesday is basically fire, which is why there are more red crystals
2) The Japanese word for Wednesday is basically water, which means more blue crystals, and finally
3) The Japanese word for Friday is basically gold, which is coloured yellow, and that means more Yellow crystals

Thank you for reading.

Back