Upcoming Kirby 3DS multiplayer game

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
so in the direct today, they announced 2017 as The Year of Kirby™ as it's the series 25th anniversary

we got team kirby clash and kirby 3d rumble remakes, a la kirby fighters dx/dedede's drum dash dx

/but/

the main exciting point was the direct hinting at a multiplayer 3ds kirby game, releasing by holiday 2017...
possibly katam 2?????

discuss possibilities, expectations, hopes, etc for the game here

if it does turn out to be katam 2 i will die a happy man and immediately buy it. hal has yet to disappoint me with a kirby game so please please PLEASE keep the dream alive. also online mode pls

Hopefully I can play it alone unless for some magical reason it has online.

Also hoping for 8-bit Kirby amiibo to coincide with the game's release. Please HAL/Nintendo.

The term "action" has me very interested, as I wouldn't consider a conventional main series Kirby game an action game, so this will surely be interesting to watch out for

Right when I thought Mario Sports Superstars is going to be my last 3DS game......

I'm honestly not sure of what to think about it. Amazing Mirror is my least favorite Kirby game by a mile (it's the only one I can outright say I don't like), plus recent multiplayer-oriented games in the 3DS such as Tri Force Heroes and Federation Force weren't exactly that good (ok Federation Force was ok I guess but far from what Metroid Prime has ever been)

At the same time though, Return To Dream Land, another multiplayer Kirby game, was really good, so I'm not sure what to think.

I just want to Kirby to renovate itself, I didn't even bother to play Planet Robobot because its demo + trailers just looked like a Triple Deluxe rehash to me (don't get me wrong Triple Deluxe was amazing, it's just Robobot felt the same), I feel the series's last true evolution was with the multiplayer in Return To Dream Land, and since then I felt it got more and more stale... If they did something akin to Kirby 64 (but multiplayer I guess), I'd love it, I really loved how unique that game was. Sure it wouldn't be something necessarily new but it'd be different from what we've been getting from Kirby from the past 6 years or so.

Oh another thing: I'd probably be way more excited to it (regardless of what it ends up being) if it was for Switch. It's gonna be the third Kirby game for the console already, not counting the like 5 eShop releases

And I thought Mario Odyssey was going to be the only hype game this year. Really hope that it's Amazing Mirror 2 since that would be absolutely phenomenal.

i56drwh.jpg

There's a Dark version of the dimension mirror with horns instead of wings, which is new. I wonder what that's implying *hint wink hint*

This game could end up being something different like Air Ride 2 (which would still be great, mind you) but above everything else, I need it to Amazing Mirror 2. Uh I want that so much.

I wouldn't expect amazing mirror 2 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was amazing mirror inspired.

If there's one thing that this game needs, it's the ability to change colours, for example spray paints.

I want carbon to come back and be able to choose blue.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/278524-hal-says-kirby-s-new-3ds-title-will-be-action-fighting

yes

ready for mortal kirby

Holy shit I just got thirty times more excited

As long as it isn't Kirby Fighters 3.0

Back