Hopes for 3D World Deluxe?

Super Mario 3D World is a fantastic game. Yet every game has room for improvements, so IF 3D World gets an upgraded port to the switch much like Mariokart 8, what improvements would you hope to see? First let me share 3 of my hopes:

Upgrade Resolution.
Currently 3D World runs at an upscaled 720p resolution. I think the switch's bit of extra power could get this game to run at a native 1080p without hurting the preformance, well for TV mode that is. I believe they did the same to Mariokart, which is why Deluxe looks indescribably more crisp. I would love to see this game's beautiful artstyle in full 1080p.

Remap the Grab Button.
Because 3D World had to be Wii-mote compatible, Nintendo made the decision to make sprinting, using power-up, and picking up a player the same button. While its possible some memorable experiences sprung from accidentally picking up players, these controls were simply more frustrating than not. Now that the Switch isn't limited by the Wii-mote, grabbing could easily be mapped to its own unique button.

More Characters.
One thing that made 3D World great and unique, were the multiple playable characters all with unique attributes. Considering Rosalina is the only unlockable character, there is obviously a lot of potential for more. Wario, Waluigi, and Daisy are pretty obvious choices, but even more would be great, possibly Yoshi, Todette, or even Birdo.

I'd love to see some hopes from other fans of this game. And well, if a port never happens, at least we have Odyssey to look forward too. :)

I don't see Super Mario 3D World getting a Nintendo Switch port.

Just because MK8 is getting a port does not mean every other game will

3D World is already complete as it is.

Remember, they're asking what IF.

I'd like to see more modes or challenges, like having an objective for each level. Defeat 20 Goombas, don't use items, etc. Maybe a battle or competition mode for multiplayer, seeing who can defeat the most enemies or who can win in a battle.

I hope they don't, I already feel like a moronic jackass for getting a Wii U rather than waiting for the Switch, releasing even more superior ports of the Wii U's only worthwhile games would just be rubbing salt.

I could see them porting it over with minor alterations to make some extra cash off the Switch's much larger sales success.

But I don't think it's super likely.

I dont regret it.

MK8 with paid online? No thank you.

I already got the experience for free. Same with Smash Bros and other games.

I don't know if a switch port would be nice, but I don't really want the nintendo switch to turn into something like the gameboy advance where almost all games were remade.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I dont regret it.

MK8 with paid online? No thank you.

I already got the experience for free. Same with Smash Bros and other games.

when nintendo needs money they'll just shut down nintendo network

Eren Jäger said:

The 3DS still depends on the Nintendo Network for its online services though.

MnSG said:
Eren Jäger said:

The 3DS still depends on the Nintendo Network for its online services though.
This so much.

Jnaejnae said:
I understand most people on the Mario boards already have this game, hence might not benefit much from a port, me included. However the idea that the game doesn't need the port just because you have it, is a bit odd. Purely due to it being a Wii U exclusive, it scored the second worst selling mainstream Mario game, only beating New Super Luigi U (another Wii U exclusive). Most people who get it for the switch probably don't have the game, if you think 3D World is absolutely perfect, then sure maybe the switch should get a direct port rather than an upgraded port. Either way, this game needs a port. There are a lot of great games for Wii U, and the Wii U sold poorly, so they have every reason to port their best games to their much more successful console even if it makes us Wii U owners feel even less important.

That said I do like the ideas the Pyro Guy shared. I'd defiantly like to see some extra challenge/competitive modes, reminds me of Mario Galaxy comet levels.
It also surpasses Sunshine in the title of worst selling mainstream Mario platformers.

Not every Wii U title will receive a Nintendo Switch port, period. Star Fox Zero heavily relies on the use of the Wii U's Gamepad, while Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker received 3DS ports.

And in regards to Super Mario Maker, the 3DS version is actually worse than the original Wii U version for not being able to upload courses online, no amiibo support, and the graphics for the New Super Mario Bros. U style are worse as well.

I really don't think 3D World is getting a Switch port. Switch's first year already has a 3D Mario in form of Odyssey.

However, a 3D World SEQUEL for the Switch is something I'd love to see down the line. I'd like to see more playable characters such as Yoshi and Wario, but other than that, I really don't have any ideas

Probably not cause it's the same team who makes Odyssey, so if it becomes a thing it won't be for a while.

Although a 3D World + Captain Toad port would be a nice idea. Not sure how to make touchscreen and mic controls work on the switch while docked though. Shaking?

I really don't want the Switch console to be solely composed of ports/remakes of games I've already played less than 5 years ago.

I do agree with the TC that 3D World being ported to the Switch could allow people who never owned a Wii U to have a chance to experience the game. 3D World is the worst selling 3D Mario platformer, surpassing Sunshine which previously held that title. Sunshine does benefit from a remake or a remaster if they can somehow manage to find a way to retain the voice acting and stuff, while fixing the flaws with the original.

If 3D World is the worst selling Mario 3D platformer, then it's probably for the best if it did NOT get remade. Besides, the game does require the GamePad for certain actions.

Pwwnd123 said:
if they can somehow manage to find a way to retain the voice acting and stuff,

Brb, gonna go laugh my butt off into a pillow.

Sunshine's poor voice acting , in attemps to make Mario characters have actual voice overs , it's the reason why Nintendo basically doesn't do it anymore and has limited the characters to only catch phrases and sounds after the Gamecube era.

Pwwnd123 said:
3D World is the worst selling 3D Mario platformer, surpassing Sunshine which previously held that title.
MnSG said:
If 3D World is the worst selling Mario 3D platformer, then it's probably for the best if it did NOT get remade.
The Wii U was the worst selling Nintendo console. You know what was on the Wii U? 3D World. The GameCube was the second worst selling Nintendo console. You know what was on the GameCube? Super Mario Sunshine. Sense a pattern here?

If the Switch ends up successful (which so far it is) than porting 3D World would be a good idea since it would still sell well.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Sunshine's poor voice acting , in attemps to make Mario characters have actual voice overs , it's the reason why Nintendo basically doesn't do it anymore and has limited the characters to only catch phrases and sounds after the Gamecube era.
Toadstool Tour was the last time Mario had full voices with a few characters.

Sunshine's voice acting was okay. It's Mega Man X4 level for sure. It could be much better.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 could have Robert Belgrade as Lubba and Kimberly Forsythe as Rosalina and it'll turn out fine with full length voice overs if it does happen. Sam Kelly might do a nice job though I do prefer Andrea Libman, Veronica Taylor, or Chisa Yokoyama.

In the case of Sunshine, it might be harder for Jen Taylor to reprise her role just like how Leslie Swan reprised her role as Peach in SM64DS. But Jen Taylor does do voice acting for Microsoft like with the Cortana voice assistant in Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10. So it can be easy to retain the feel of the original. Or they can just reuse the same old audio.

MnSG said:
Besides, the game does require the GamePad for certain actions.

They can reconfigure that to the Joy-Con's IR Pointer.

Dark Meta Knight said:
Pwwnd123 said:
3D World is the worst selling 3D Mario platformer, surpassing Sunshine which previously held that title.
MnSG said:
If 3D World is the worst selling Mario 3D platformer, then it's probably for the best if it did NOT get remade.
The Wii U was the worst selling Nintendo console. You know what was on the Wii U? 3D World. The GameCube was the second worst selling Nintendo console. You know what was on the GameCube? Super Mario Sunshine. Sense a pattern here?

If the Switch ends up successful (which so far it is) than porting 3D World would be a good idea since it would still sell well.

Like BabyLuigi said , we really don't need the same games over and over again from years ago , specially not at launch. MK8 being an exception because MK games are system sellers , let's face it. 3D world is not , at least not compared to Mario Kart 8.

It does not make sense for 3D World honestly. I also don't think they would take away spotlight from Odyssey , which it's the current priority for main Mario games.

Pwwnd123 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Toadstool Tour was the last time Mario had full voices with a few characters.

Sunshine's voice acting was okay. It's Mega Man X4 level for sure. It could be much better.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 could have Robert Belgrade as Lubba and Kimberly Forsythe as Rosalina and it'll turn out fine with full length voice overs if it does happen. Sam Kelly might do a nice job though I do prefer Andrea Libman, Veronica Taylor, or Chisa Yokoyama.

In the case of Sunshine, it might be harder for Jen Taylor to reprise her role just like how Leslie Swan reprised her role as Peach in SM64DS. But Jen Taylor does do voice acting for Microsoft like with the Cortana voice assistant in Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10. So it can be easy to retain the feel of the original. Or they can just reuse the same old audio.

I have no idea what you are saying.

You lost me.

I feel like this one of the games on the Wii U that is least likely to be ported. If Nintendo needs a money cow, they can crank out another NSMB game, port MK8 (which they are doing), make Pokemon Stars be Switch exclusive (or port Sun and Moon), and maybe port Smash Bros. If they do these things, they can lay back and watch the money pile up just like in the Wii/DS days.

Back