What are you afraid of?

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
I remember a thread like this in 2015, but that was 2 years ago so I'd say a new thread is in order.

I'm afraid of bugs (especially bees and wasps), mold, death, open heights, fire, and suspicious strangers who ask for money or a cigarette. Also afraid of not being successful and laziness taking over my life even further than it already has.

Also, I saw this in the old thread:

greatdimentio said:
-being banned, particularly from this forum (mainly because the two times it happened my life became 100% more boring)
in hindsight this is actually hilariously ironic.

Bees/Hornets/Wasps/Basically any winged insect with stingers - One time we got a nest of green wasps in our satellite dish which is directly above our porch, when we walked towards the driveway about three of those suckers came down and stung me in the back of the neck, because of that I now immediately cover my neck whenever I hear a buzzing sound.

Plugging things into electrical outlets - When I was three I suffered a ground shock from sticking mother's car keys into an electrical outlet, seventeen years later I still physically shake whenever I'm tasked to plug anything in.

Batanophobia - Specifically grotesque or rotten looking plants creep me out.

Earthquakes, thunderstorms, death, and weapon-carrying, violent lunatics are my biggest fears. I wouldn't say I'm particularly afraid of jumpscares per se but I avoid most contact with them as much as possible as I despise them.

I forgot to mention cockroaches. ---- cockroaches.

Complete silence when I'm alone, Jump scares, big heavy wood columns (4 years ago, one fell straight on my toe, so hard that I suffered two weeks and eventually my nail came out. After that, dead skin was there, and I had to remove it to let the new nail grow up, problem is, when removing them, it hurts like punching "nails" with your bare fists).

My biggest irrational fear is cutting somebody's limb off by shutting a sliding car door too quickly.

Earthquakes and heights.

heights, lots of noises at once, bugs, really large animals, others dying around me, romance.

I didn't expect so many people to be scared of insects (particularly bees.)

Which is good, because now I don't feel embarrassed about it. I'm not actually that scared of getting stung (except for the fact that the bee will be touching me). They're just really noisy and creepy looking and I feel terrible when I'm around them.

i'm really scared of clowns. i can't deal well with ants either, at one point when i was really young i was sitting on my front lawn and my flip-flop fell down. when i picked it up it was COVERED with so many ants i wanted to die, and i still can't deal with them really well today, but i have gotten better. buzzing-type bugs also startle me but i don't want to kill them, it's just very startling. i'm scared of bees and wasps too, but i have never killed one because i know bees help so i admire them from afar, and wasps are assholes and i'll be dead before i can even hit it with a swatter.

this one isn't a fear, but there are certain sounds i can't deal with too well, for example jet engine sounds. i have to mute sunshine airport whenever i play it on mk8. i'm not scared of the sounds, it's just hard for me to deal with them.

Stargazing said:
this one isn't a fear, but there are certain sounds i can't deal with too well, for example jet engine sounds. i have to mute sunshine airport whenever i play it on mk8. i'm not scared of the sounds, it's just hard for me to deal with them.

Does this also apply to movies were Jumbo Jets are featured?

Back