Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
They
MarioWiki
Roserade
So this is just a discussion thread. If there is already a system in place for this I'm unaware of, please let me know :P

I was wondering if there was a possibility of instantly notifying new users of the "Hi, I'm new here!" thread. I recall the first time I was on here, I didn't know of its existence until a few months into my time here, so I didn't really get to introduce myself. If we could send an automated DM or email mentioning this thread, as well as possibly some pointers, that would probably be helpful for new users. The argument could be made that they could eventually find it via scrolling through General Discussion, but that could take a while. Of course, if sending out an automated message is too difficult or something, let me know, as I know nothing about how to program that. It was just an idea I had.

I think that'd be a good idea, cuz when I joined the forum back in November, I had no idea about the thread.

So did I. I just jumped into the Marioverse because it sounded cool. Some notification can definitely come in handy.

From my experience, whenever I go to a new forum, I always look around first before I register so I know which subforum to deal with. The Hi I'm new here thread is already kinda visible enough, as it's a pinned thread in bold in the top category of this forum. Many newcomers already know of the existence of it as we have a fair share of newcomers usually posting there, so I don't a notification that nags them of it would be necessary.

Could use an auto PM for it, then you can link to it and other handy threads like the rules

if we're doing an auto-pm system, i'd recommend throwing in a link to both the Rules and the FAQ, since a lot of new users seem to miss them out entirely

i fully support this idea as i never got the chance to introduce myself when i first came here and i feel sad every day that you all never got to meet me

Back