Author Topic: Awards Mafia 6 - The Return of the Mafia (sign-ups/lounge)  (Read 8121 times)

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
Re: Awards Mafia 6 - The Return of the Mafia (sign-ups/lounge)
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2017, 01:24:02 AM »
Now I can finally say that I would have accused LB of being Mafia on Day 9 if I hadn't been killed the night before. So in case anyone didn't realize it, I was the one who revealed Koopa Tower and the surrounding locations on Night 3 which is why I left the game temporarily shortly before that. I also finished the fund for rebuilding Sesame Street. Aside from that, I unfortunately didn't do much other than voting and discussing in the thread. This game was fun, and I'll definitely play in Awards Mafia 7!

Actually that time you revealed those locations, maybe it was more me, because I actually vanillized Roy that same night using that tower, which I think didn't allow him to protect himself, which is why he died that night. Unless it's a coincidence that we discovered the tower at the same time.

So yeah I forgot to say Thanks to the hosts for this amazing game!

Czario

• Am I Russian or Italian, though?
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • I play Tetris, I guess...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »
Now I can finally say that I would have accused LB of being Mafia on Day 9 if I hadn't been killed the night before. So in case anyone didn't realize it, I was the one who revealed Koopa Tower and the surrounding locations on Night 3 which is why I left the game temporarily shortly before that. I also finished the fund for rebuilding Sesame Street. Aside from that, I unfortunately didn't do much other than voting and discussing in the thread. This game was fun, and I'll definitely play in Awards Mafia 7!

Actually that time you revealed those locations, maybe it was more me, because I actually vanillized Roy that same night using that tower, which I think didn't allow him to protect himself, which is why he died that night. Unless it's a coincidence that we discovered the tower at the same time.

So yeah I forgot to say Thanks to the hosts for this amazing game!
Nah, it was a coincidence. You didn't have anything to do with it. See this:

This location has a tower. You can choose to climb the tower tonight, (you will be announced as having left the game when you do), and at the end of tomorrow's day phase, 4 locations will be revealed publicly!
You know what, don't put the pin there; I'll climb the tower instead. That will make me be unable to do anything till Night 4, right?
That's why I left the game for a bit.

Putt-Putt

• Putt-Putt for Smash
  • King Bowser
  • Shy Guy on Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »
I'm still checking the QuickTopic, even though the game has ended. I should probably delete the bookmark I have of it.

Thanks for the great game, I'll probably join the next one if there is one next year.

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • Happy Holidays!
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2017, 06:55:33 PM »
Link to the QTs?
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

<< Watch Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee Nuzlocke Stream >>
Ask Me Stuff

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2017, 07:13:33 PM »

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2017, 01:35:01 AM »
ITS FINALLY TIME FOR RATINGS!!
Prepare your token wallets

Spoiler: Music (click to show/hide)

Innocents

MCD - 7/10
(Role: Tracer - Tracker/Refresher)

+ Survived endgame.
+ Was upfront about his suspicions while active, and most of them turned out to be correct. Was early to suspect Tucayo.
+ Was consistently using his power, though he never used it to find locations and only used it to avoid roles once. Was luckily able to refresh himself when necessary.
+ By tracking Turb, he was able to coax Turb into exposing Tucayo’s hitman roleclaim lie, which had a cascading effect that greatly helped the innocents in the long-term.
+ Defended himself against suspicions from Ninelevendo, though they weren’t entirely convinced he was innocent until he spilled his entire role.
+ Found his role upgrade very early and unassisted, but never had to use his bomber role in the end.

= Spilling his entire role left him exposed to the Mafia, but they luckily didn’t act upon this.
= Having his role on 1 charge for most of the game meant he couldn’t avoid roles if he needed to, but luckily he didn’t need to.

- Did not participate in many lynches aside from early ones.
- Tracked Shoey, which resulted in him being injured.

Ninelevendo - 6.5/10
(Role: Apollo Justice - Perceiver/Attorney)

+ Was very active, both in the game thread and in private conversations.
+ His lie-detector power was the driving force behind Tucayo’s lynch on Day 3, and this allowed him to secure his innocent status in public.
+ Was able to make contact with Meta Knight and become part of a larger alliance.
+ Often acted as a figurehead for the Innocent side, posting upon the behalf of Fantanoice and sometimes Meta Knight when starting bandwagons to preserve their roles in the alliance.
+ Ace Attorney gifs
- Of course, spilling his role very early in the game and being the driving force behind a lot of mislynches painted a large target on his back.
- His voting power made him apprehensive to jump on lynches that were more straightforward than he was making them out to be, and disbelieve innocents that actually turned out to be innocent (especially in the case of MCD spilling his entire role).
- In some cases he neglected to vote at all, missing out on potential information.
- Even when occasionally right about his target’s alignment, his own suspicions on people were often very unfounded and circular (relying on item status), and thus were easily countered by the people he suspected.

Fanta - 5.5/10
(Role: Marisa - Thief/Itemscanner)

+ Was very active both in the thread and in private.
+ Hoarded a lot of items and coins, and was able to use most of them to benefit her own role.
+ Contributed to MK’s innocent alliance by creating a Discord group chat that helped them spur discussion before posting it in the thread.

= Blew up an Innocent location, but luckily the person with the location had already found it.
= Fell for Freakworld’s bait, and helped him retrieve his flag the first time. Later attempted to blackmail Freakworld with the flag, but he was ultimately lynched. Even later, she returned the flag, and was ultimately the reason behind Mariofan169 being able to win.

- Stole a Maxim Tomato from Roserade the night he was intending to use it, causing the death of Yoshi876.
- In general, stole more items/coins from Innocents and the shop than from the Mafia.
- Apprehensive about trusting Turb, to the point where she was hesitant to lynch Tucayo over going after Turb instead.
- Her brute-force attempts to weed out information from seemingly inactive players on all alignments usually failed and did not further lynch attempts, and her actions often caused other active members (Turb, Shoey) to actively target her or work against her alliance with Ninelevendo, despite them pledging to be pro-innocent.
- Along with Ninelevendo, was not convinced that MCD was innocent (accusing him of outing the hitman for innocent credit) even after he posted a full roleclaim.

LN1 - 4/10
(Role: King Dedede - Jailer)

+ Survived endgame.
+ Was active behind the scenes, using his power to jail people almost every night.
+ Visited locations, and found his role upgrade unassisted.
+ Consistently vored Smasher
= Consistently vored Smasher
- Consistently vored Smasher
- Never really contributed to public or private discussion for most of the game, and was never present for lynches.
- Mostly jailed Innocents, with the exception of Stargazing and Freakworld early in the game.
- Mafia learned of his power through Smg2Daisy’s infra-sight, allowing them to redirect his power.

Smasher - 7.5/10
(Role: Rick Sanchez - Inventor/Drunk/Miller)

+ Survived endgame
+ Visited her home in Texas Day 1
+ Very active, both in the thread and with night actions, though mostly self-aligned and never really had a distinct alliance with anyone until the final night phase.
+ Spent most of the game building portals to find her location, and these portals assisted innocents more than once
+ Eventually found her location.
+ Used lots of items and obtained lots of coins through the Money Money badge.
= Vore
= Very bad luck in finding location.
- No one knew she was drunk, and this resulted in the lynch of an innocent.
- Never used her Life Shroom to revive an innocent.
- Did not get the chance to use her location upgrade, even after spending most of the game trying to find it.
- Overly focused on finding location, to the point of neglecting inventions that could’ve helped the innocents very early-on.

TPG - 6.5/10
(Role: Peridot - Innocent Inventor/Statchecker)

+ Survived endgame.
+ Built his self-defense mech (the most expensive option) with the funds he received from finding his location.
+ Participated in many lynches, though mostly for the reason of earning tokens.
= Was the first to find his location, but this was only due to Freakworld posting it publicly in the thread.
= Came back after a bout of action inactivity and sold his mech.
= Was going to check both Smg2Daisy and Lord Bowser, but these results never came in because they were both lynched before his Robonoid could give a result.
= Never really had huge suspicions aside from Smasher sharing the Inventor role, but took measures to clear those suspicions.
- By finding his location and building his mech, he neglected using his other powers, and his stat-checks were never put to real use.
- Did not use his location-affecting inventions at all, which would have guaranteed rare items and protect locations from being destroyed.

Cirdec - 7/10
(Role: Peter Parker - Pizza Boy/Photographer)

+ Was active behind the scenes visiting locations and gambling, and took plenty of photographs.
+ Used his photos to confront many people, including Lord Bowser, Y876, and Smg2Daisy, about why they were seen doing suspicious things.
+ Suspected Lord Bowser for a good while, and tried to photograph him doing things for many nights in the latter half of the game.
+ Had he not been lynched when he was, and Lord Bowser was lynched instead, the Tanookis would’ve assumed the anti-town killing faction, and an innocent victory would not have been possible.
= His photo of Smg2Daisy proved vital to eliminating her, however, he held off on sharing this information until later.
- Backed down on his Lord Bowser lynch push, and his miscommunication was exploited, causing him to get lynched himself.
- Did not consider locations that would be popular destinations for players, and his Pizza Boy power went mostly unused as a result.

Roserade - 8.5/10
(Role: Squid Sisters - Singers/Twins)

+ Survived endgame
+ Was the first person to suspect Tucayo after his injury.
+ Suspected both LB and Smg2Daisy well after their attempts to evade their first lynches.
+ Was active behind-the-scenes, consistently using both of his songs on innocents nearly every phase, finding locations, and using items to heal innocents when they became injured.
+ Went undetected and survived long enough to ensure he had both Squid Sisters alive to use his upgrade.
+ Used his upgrade to host a Splatfest that ultimately spelled doom for the Mafia, despite Lord Bowser narrowly avoiding being lynched the previous phase.
+ Was approached by Meta Knight, and became part of his alliance.
+ In doing so, he learned of his location, but continued helping MK find locations that they had not yet visited.
= Could have used more conviction in the thread and started his own lynches, but pushed his thoughts frequently nonetheless.
- Forgot to use his power or Super Mushroom during the Splatfest, which could’ve saved Fanta from dying of injury.

LTQ - 5/10
(Role: Will Smith - Refresher/Doctor)

+ Survived endgame.
+ Visited locations frequently.
+ Was right in suspecting Freakworld’s power dealing with locations and possibly being non-innocent.
- Though, his own wishy-washy conviction in the thread cultivated in him being suspected a few days later.
- Did not participate much in the game thread unless prodded, and this lead to him being suspected for his inactivity while being active in other areas of the community.
- Did not protect or heal other innocents, and focused only on self-preservation.
- Coupled with Smg2Daisy’s watch, this allowed the Mafia to quickly deduce that he was the doctor, and was subsequently targeted with Koop’s vanillaize.
= Being vanillaized was likely how he survived the game without being nightkilled, as he was no longer able to support the innocents, nor a threat to the Mafia.

Packy - 0.5/10
(Role: Celica - Refresher/Banisher/Princess)

+ Survived endgame.
= Used his powers, but only when told to do so by others. Survived until endgame by chance.
- Never participated in the game otherwise, and had the game had more replacements available, he would’ve been booted.
- Never found his location or searched for locations aside from the one time he was prodded to do so, and would’ve had the ability to revive innocents if he found it.

Gabby - 0/10
(Role: No-Face - Inspired)

- Misunderstood and gave away her role results, giving Tucayo easy leverage to start a mislynch on her.
- When pressured, did not say anything that could have saved herself, and in fact accepted that she would be lynched before the phase was even over.
- Inherited DF's role but never got the chance to use it.
- Continuously teased that she knew DF’s role but never gave it away before dying.
- Essentially gave the Mafia a free wasted day phase, which they attempted to use to their advantage to disguise Tucayo as a gallis.

Roy - 2/10
(Role: Superman - Bulletproof/Watcher)

= Watched Tucayo on Night 2, but never used these results or gave them to anyone.
= Revealed that he was the Bulletproof and was shot on Night 2, but no one noticed until after he had died.
= His death allowed Shoey to win without having to take down a bulletproof.
- Did not do much else aside from bandwagon in the thread, and was ultimately killed too soon to make valuable contributions, despite being the bulletproof.

NEX - 3/10
= Infrequently visited locations, and never did anything with the information he learned from these locations.
= Coasted for a majority of the game (even admitting he’s been lazy), and did not use his powers to assist innocents once, aside from the final phase of the game when he was prodded by Smasher and Turb.
= Posted in the thread on some occasions, had his own thoughts periodically, and survived to endgame nonetheless.

stlast - 6/10
(Role: Samus - Bounty Hunter/Upgrader)

+ Active with his search for locations
+ Very careful with giving out information on a single request.
- Ultimately gave the slightest bit of information to Shoey that got himself killed
- Never actually used his role despite working to power it up.
- Only ever posted in the thread if directly prompted.

Yoshi876 - 4/10
(Role: Moe - Jinx/Poisoner)

+ Used his powers to jinx the obvious Mafia suspect, Tucayo, more than once. This caused Tucayo to lose 200 coins, but not much else.
= Tried to reason with Gabby, and deduced that she was the Inspired, but to no avail since he did not unvote and she was still lynched.
- Did not further poison Tucayo with his role, despite having the ability to do so.
- Did not pay off his loan, and was robbed and injured by the Tanookis.
- Ultimately died due to this injury, though he would’ve survived had Fanta not intervened.

4td0 - 7.5/10
(Role: Buffaloman - Roleblocker/Sturdy)

+ Stopped two different nightkills with very well-chosen roleblocks.
+ Only ever targeted non-innocent roles with his roleblock (aside from an attempted roleblock on LN1, which failed).
+ His sturdy also prevented another nightkill, and his constant kill denials even caused some people to think the Mafia was inactive!
+ Was loan-sharked by the Tanookis, immediately acted upon it, and paid it back with no trouble.
- Was watched by S2D and subsequently had his role learned by the Mafia. Was eliminated shortly after due to a misunderstanding of Smasher’s vote value.
- Did not participate as much in the game thread as he could’ve, especially since he could’ve deduced that he had stopped the nightkill by roleblocking Koops, and even more so when he was on the chopping block to be lynched.

Dragonfreak - 5/10
(Role: Bojack Horseman - Actor/Silencer)

+ Kickstarted Meta Knight’s innocent alliance by redirecting him to herself.
+ Was very active in private conversations with Meta Knight, enough to help her receive a refresh for her injury from Packy.
= Was eliminated too early to make more valuable contributions (and on a whim by Shoey), and was unfortunately never revived thereafter.
- Despite being active in DMs, was not as contributive in the thread while she was alive.

Meta Knight - 8/10
(Role: Cookie Monster - Cookie Cop)

+ Established a large innocent alliance with his cop checks, and acted as a pivot for the faction, allowing the Innocents to pool locations, intel, and otherwise coordinate roles. This manifested in various mediums, such as Discord and IRC.
+ The most prominent of these was his alliance with Turb, who despite being third-party, proved to be the innocent’s most reliable asset with pushing lynches and finding locations.
+ Was the most active player outside of the thread, with periodical logs of game discussion between players being sent to hosts exceeding 10 parts in some cases.
- Unfortunately, he turned a blind eye to very obvious scumtells from his mafia-alligned friends, was quick to back-off their lynches, and furthermore revealed his role to the Mafia.
- This ultimately allowed the Mafia to exploit him and pick him off when needed.
- His reaction to Sesame Street being destroyed made it obvious his role was Cookie Monster, which informed Shoey that he was his target.
- Both of these points mean his chances of survival to endgame were always going to be zero.

Luigi64DD - 5/10
(Role: Link - Adventurer/Chef)

+ Was very active in finding Locations, and activated one of the towers he was supposed to find, helping one innocent and one Tanooki find their locations.
= Did not use his pins :dk2:
- Did not use his Chef ability once.
- Was sporadically active in the thread, and did not contribute much publicly or privately. His location-based remarks also lead to him being suspected as one of Shoey’s targets, which was why he was killed.
- Was not very active in using the items he uncovered at those locations.

Mariofan1.0 - N/A/10
(Role: The Bride - Vigilante/Granny)
= Died so early that he didn’t have any time to play properly; tokens will be summed up with his second appearance. Rest in Peace.

Mafia

General:
+ For a team consisting of almost half new players and half veterans, there was plenty of support from each person to ensure that they all enjoyed being part of the Mafia.
+ Worked well as a team that was rather gimped on powers with Tucayo’s untimely death, and with no awareness of Smg2Daisy’s assassin power.
- In general, there were never many mafia members bandwagoning on lynches, and there was lots of hesitation to bus their own members when necessary, losing themselves a lot of innocent credit.
- As a faction, their coordination with things outside of their powers, namely, visiting special locations in addition to numbered locations, and obtaining and using items, resulted in many missed opportunities and powers that could’ve assisted them while they were underpowered from losing their godfather early.
- Overly focused on eliminating powerful targets with obvious protection such as Turb, Shoey and others, resulting in a distinct lack of nightkills.

Tucayo - 8/10
(Role: Mafia Core - Unspeakable Evil)

+ Revised his strategy and playstyle to accommodate striking the granny on Night 1 and almost inevitable defeat.
+ Continued to coordinate powers after his untimely death, sometimes more than alive players.
+ Offered plenty of veteran advice to his newer teammates.
+ Delayed innocent progress with the use of his lynch evasions all three times (i.e. did not die to injury or other means)
+ Was also able to get in an easy mislynch and buy an extra phase despite being obvious scum.
= In a completely ridiculous case of bad luck, struck the granny on Night 1, meaning he was outed far sooner than expected.
= Despite telling his team to let him die so they don’t appear scummy, most of them ignored this request and tried to defend him from being lynched despite being a lost cause.
- Fakeclaimed as the hitman role under the guise that the actual hitman wouldn’t want to counterclaim him, and although this worked for one or two phases, when Turb was finally outed as the real hitman, it became obvious he was Mafia.
- In doing so, galvanised Turb against the Mafia faction, who later aligned himself with both the innocents and the independents to take down the Mafia.
- Sent a PM to the wrong party by accident, and this resulted in Turb and Meta Knight learning who he was directly from the source himself, which only would’ve sunk his Gallis claim further.

Lord Bowser - 6/10
(Role: Jedah - Cantor/Doctor)

+ Managed to avoid being targeted from most people for a good part of the game, either due to Meta Knight vetting him or his own attempt at claiming independent. Became the last surviving mafia member.
+ Not only did he somehow manage to secure a non-Mafia claim in the eyes of the Innocent Cop, he also assisted Stargazing with making his claim to Meta Knight, ensuring that he went undetected for a good part of the game as well.
+ Successfully misdirected his first lynch to an Innocent.
+ Took charge as the last member of the Mafia, and assisted by Tucayo, coordinated night actions for the final part of the game.
- Claimed his whole role to Meta Knight at face value (but changing his alignment to independent instead), though Meta Knight believed him, this was a very reckless play that still ultimately resulted in him being suspected for most of the game.
- Overly defended his mafia scumbuddies in the thread when it was obvious they were going to be lynched, and didn’t bandwagon on their lynches.
- Was entirely absent during the splatfest, and refused to post, comment, or even attempt to save himself despite doing just that literally a phase ago.
- In the end, his reckless actions and claims early in the game came back to haunt him, as he could ultimately not escape suspicion from Turb and Roserade.

Stargazing - 6.5/10
(Role: Monokuma (DR2) - JOAT)

+ Created a solid and plausible fakeclaim that, in addition to his role being obscured upon death, led him to be presumed innocent for a good portion of the game.
+ Was revived and successfully coordinated one of the only good night phases for the Mafia.
+ Was supportive of Tucayo’s plan to confuse the innocents, and until he died was the second most active contributor to the Mafia.
= However, this caused Turb and others to eventually deduce he was a Mafia JOAT in the end due to the circumstances of his revival. This didn’t matter though, because he remained dead for the rest of the game.
= Told his teammates not to use their revival boo on him, but went back on this decision a few phases later.
- His naive behaviour regarding the knowledge of lynch evasion powers despite being a member of the MHG is what caused Shoey to suspect and kill him.
- Wasted his location upgrade by visiting it with one of his one-shots used up, only refreshing his Destroyer power as opposed to the possibility of refreshing all of them.

Smg2Daisy - 7.5/10
(Role: Widowmaker - Poisoner/Tracker)

+ Sent in her own powers frequently and poisoned Innocent and Tanooki factions nearly every phase.
+ As a result, was able to build up ultimate charge to use her Infra-Sight without finding her location.
+ Then, she found her location and was given another full charge of Infra-Sight.
+ These proved to be the most valuable pieces of evidence for the Mafia, as they deduced the roles of LN1, LTQ, and 4td0 from comparing these two results.
+ Successfully defended herself from a lynch, and was able to redirect the attention to MCD, an innocent.
= Sadly, Koops was lynched instead of her that same phase.
= Was lynched primarily due to evidence obtained by a random earlygame search, rather than holes in her story.
- Despite having a lot of cash for most of the game, did not visit the shop until much much later.
- While her fakeclaim was able to get her out of the lynch that day, it had a few holes that would have likely caused it to eventually fall apart, namely claiming independent despite so many people having done that previously.
= Her Assassin role went entirely unused due to an error in the first Quicktopic post, and not bringing it up herself for the whole game until she was killed. This didn't factor into any of the Mafia's ratings.

Koops - 4/10
(Role: President Koopa - Roleblocker/Silencer)

+ Attempted to help out and assist his team in the quicktopic sporadically.
- But mostly sat back and watched his team handle everything from a distance.
- Did not speak up in his own defense when he was randomly chosen for votes, at all, causing an easy lynch that heavily damaged the Mafia.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:48:28 AM by Miu Iruma »

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2017, 01:36:05 AM »
Tanookis

General:
+ All members survived and escaped the town together.
+ Most members realised they had to participate in lynches to obtain coins, and they constantly were able to rob both the town and the mafia with lynches and night actions.
- 2 out of 3 members were sparingly active for a good part of the game, forcing their remaining member to take charge.
- Did not take advantage of special locations as much as they could’ve, especially locations such as the Casino and Town Square, which could’ve given them a shot of boosting their coin total higher and faster.

Turb - 10/10
(Role: Rocket Raccoon - Hitman/Bomber)

+ Very active, and in most respects was the driving force behind the Tanooki team, sending in and coordinating night actions for all of his members single-handedly and coordinating strategies with his innocent and independent alliances.
+ Kept his cover for long enough to get 2000 coins from the Mafia, and blew Tucayo’s cover when it was absolutely necessary.
+ Established alliances with Meta Knight and Shoey, which in conjunction with him essentially running the Tanooki team, ensured he had enough firepower to eliminate any target he wanted.
+ Was the best scum-hunter in the whole game, hands down.
+ Coordinated night actions well enough in endgame to secure not only a clean victory for the Tanookis with all of his members surviving, but also a victory for Shoey and the Innocents.
= Let his anger get the better of him during one of Tucayo’s lynches, but ultimately this served to only further empower his game-long hate boner against the Mafia and ensure they were defeated.

Banjo - 6/10
(Role: Tanooki Mario - Godfather/Bodyguard)

+ When prompted, would post his own thoughts and evaluations in the game thread, and managed to dodge suspicion by himself. This kept him alive long enough to ensure that Turb would receive constant protection.
+ Was almost always on call from Turb to add his vote to the vote tally, ensuring the Tanookis would rob at least ⅔ of their target’s coins.
- Was infrequently active, and would send in his own actions occasionally as a Godfather, but these sometimes went against Turb’s better planning, and later essentially delegated the godfather role to Turb.

SGOW - 3/10
(Role: Tom Nook - Loan Shark/Builder)

+ Participated in the final lynch against Lord Bowser, infrequently posted in the thread and the Quicktopic otherwise.
- Was puppeted by Turb for a good part of the game.
- Did practically nothing of his own aside from be part of the winning faction.

NSY - 1/10
(Role: Tom Nook - Loan Shark/Builder [replaced])

+ Sent in his own loans a few times before being replaced.
- Was replaced, but still contributed more than others did for the whole game.

Independents

Shoey - 9/10
(Role: Yoshikage Kira - Serial Killer)

+Very active both in the thread and in private conversations. Participated nearly every day phase and used powers nearly every night.
+ Single-handedly suspected and eliminated Stargazing, a member of the Mafia. Although he was hoping he was Widowmaker, this still damaged the Mafia team heavily.
+ Played extremely well as an independent serial killer with targets to eliminate. Embodied his role so well, in fact, that the hosts had to keep clarifying what he could and could not do because some of his plans were very devious.
+ Independent contact with Meta Knight was established, and he learned of his role through this method. Had the Mafia not killed Meta Knight themselves, he would’ve had to betray him later in the game.
+ Benefitted from Smg2Daisy’s lynch, and this secured part of his win-con.
+ Established contact with Turb, and the two of them coordinated multiple night and day phases to ensure that they could win and eliminate another one of his targets from the Town, Tom Nook, without hurting the Tanookis or Shoey himself.
+ In the final phase of the game, was able to weed out information from his potential list of suspects with help from Turb, and determine that stlast was Samus and his final target he needed to eliminate to win.
- Was sometimes erratic in his target-picking, the most egregious example was DragonFreak. Elsewise, from a hosts’ perspective it was a thrill watching him deduce who his targets were.

Mariofan2.0 - 6.5/10
(Role: Shia Labeouf - Flagbearer)

+ When revived, was luckily given the chance to change his Flag’s location through Fanta returning his flag to him directly.
+ Won the game through choosing a logical location that no one would think to visit afterwards.
= Given that he had knowledge of locations upon rejoining and that by the time he replaced, most people had no need to visit locations, this victory could’ve been realistically achieved by anybody.
= No one aside from Fanta really pushed his revival as suspicious or really bothered with him when he was revived.
= In the end, he had no need or ambition to participate in the game since his victory was all but secured.

Freakworld - 7/10
(Role: Shia Labeouf - Flagbearer [replaced])

+ Selected a rather difficult location to erect his flag, but this was entirely by chance and he otherwise did an excellent job defending it.
+ Worked tirelessly to protect his flag, and to retrieve his flag when it was stolen by Fanta. Easily retrieved it the first time with a smart amount of bait.
+ Frequently visited locations to further boost his role with coins and items.
- Attempted to establish an alliance with the Mafia, though this was ultimately what threw him under suspicion and caused him to be lynched.
= Due to external life pressures, and his own anger towards the game and its players, he dropped out of the game when he was lynched.

Thanks to everyone who participated! You all did an amazing job! Each player will be awarded 3.5 tokens per rating point they received, rounded to the nearest whole number. Additionally, all thirteen players who survived the end of the game will receive a bonus 13 tokens each as a victory present.

PRESENTING...
MAYOR PERCH AND MS. GBATOAD'S "WE HAD SOME LEFTOVER TOKENS" AWARDS CEREMONY SPECTACULAR!

Like those bonus stars you get at the end of a Mario Party game, these are some *bleep*post-tier awards we decided to create with the remainder of our tokens given to use. If you receive one of these awards, you get an extra 5 tokens, so let's get on with the show!

First up is our Best Post award, which is awarded to the player with the overall best post in the game! The player who had the most quality post is...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next, our Most Liked Post award, which is obviously given to the post in the game thread with the most likes at the time of posting these results. There are many things that factor into whether people like a post or not, usually hilarity. So, without further ado, this award goes to...

Thirdly, the arbitrary process of confirming your role has always been neglected to be acknowledged in these games, and there are some that go above and beyond to let the hosts know that you have received your role. We created the Best Role Confirm award to give appreciation to those people. This award goes to...

As hosts, we realize that some people might not have done an outstanding job playing Mafia, but we feel everyone deserves something for participating, so the Hosts' Sympathy Award goes to...

In Mafia games past, the use of Ace Attorney gifs to breathe life into otherwise unanimated and long blocks of Mafia text either helped or hindered how you got your point across, and this year's Ace Attorney Gif Abuse award goes to...

Only three more to go! The next award is for doing something quite unusual in a Mafia game, and that would be visiting the hosts themselves. Using your night actions to target a host is very unorthodox, but we feel this Visited A Host award can only go to the only person who actually visited a host this game...

Next, we have the Mysterious Presence award, given to the most mysterious player in the whole game, and that's...

And lastly, our final award. This award is the Role Embodiment Award, given to the player who undoubtedly enjoyed having their role, and becoming the most accurate portrayal of the character within it. This award goes to none other than...

Congrats to all of our winners!

But now... and we saved the best awards for last...it's time to name the MVPs! MVPs will receive 30 tokens for being the MVP of their faction, and the overall MVP will receive a bonus 20 tokens on top of this!

The Innocent MVP is...

The Mafia MVP is...

The Tanooki MVP is...

The Independent MVP is...

The Overall MVP is...

AND THAT'S IT FOR NOW EVERYBODY!
We still need to format and post detailed rolecards for everyone, a list of locations, and the general actions spreadsheet, but those will come later!'

Spoiler: Token Totals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: To Be Continued (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:50:12 AM by Miu Iruma »

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2017, 11:10:07 PM »
game-long hate boner against the Mafia
I think that's an excellent way to put it.

On a serious note, congrats to Shoey, Turb, and Roserade!! You all played great games.

- Sent a PM to the wrong party by accident, and this resulted in Turb and Meta Knight learning who he was directly from the source himself, which only would’ve sunk his Gallis claim further.
To explain this in my ratings, I hit reply all to a PM without noticing MK was in there lol I gotta be more careful :P

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
    • Rose Garden Forums
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2017, 12:12:59 AM »

Honestly though, thank you so much for the MVP award!! I'm completely honored, especially because I didn't even think I played that great.

Congratulations to Tucky, Shoey, and especially Turb as well! You all played incredibly and it was an honor playing with you.

And thank you so, so much to GBA and Perch for hosting. It was an amazing game and I'm so happy I was able to play.

Stay fresh! :blooper:

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2017, 12:23:42 AM »
jacob tremblay is a national treasure

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:35 AM »
Quote from: GBA
Ace Attorney Gif Abuse award goes to...

I feel honoured.

Congrats Roserade, Tucayo, Shoey and Turb MVP of KG as well I call hax, y'all played pretty well.

Also thanks to Fanta and Meta Knight for helping out, made the game quite a bit more enjoyable than just trying to play by myself.

And yeah once again thanks GBA and Superchao for hosting, hopefully this experience will help me be a better player in the future.

Nijino Yume

• Goal: Earn money to open a café with my illustrations as designs. And a condo unit.
  • Star Spirit
  • Smg2daisy
  • Learn, Teach, Work, Earn, Live.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2017, 02:59:19 AM »
Does that mean I spent over thousands to get an award?

Honoka's #5 Fan

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Celestial Guide
  • Raven Effect
  • That's what I call hamburgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2017, 03:01:35 AM »
All these rewards just prove i'm the world's greatest serial killer!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2017, 03:15:32 AM »
Does that mean I spent over thousands to get an award?
yes

and it was all worth it