windows 10 keeps freezing after startup

Raiko Horikawa

Live your life according to your rhythm!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Superchao
So when i took my laptop out of sleep mode this morning, i noticed it was a lot laggier than normal, so i restarted it. Since then, every time i start it up, it boots to the desktop fine but freezes soon after, usually when i try running a program like chrome or word. I didn't install anything last night and i didn't download anything besidews image files. Anyone got any help?

yes, while the pc is still running bring up the task manager and check for any suspicious processes. also does it just freeze or does it crash with a blue screen? Normally when your pc is frozen it's not actually frozen but merely running extremely slow.

Regular freeze; it's never actually crashed but all programs lock up and stop responding, along with the taskbar and desktop. I've noticed that if I wait five-ten minutes after startup I can generally get things running and use them (such as Chrome) but both times that I've done that, it then went and froze up later.

This time I've disabled multiple applications that started with the computer to see if that helps next time I have to boot it up; during initial startup I noticed my antivirus had really high disk usage but no other abnormal stuff.

EDIT: so now it's stopped booting up.

i... guess this resolves the original problem? kind of?

Back