'Shroom Writer Rank?

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Was wondering if it's possible to include a new rank on the Mario Boards, namely showing those that are 'Shroom Writers (<--). I know the writers don't have as much of an impact on the Mario Boards as the Core 'Shroom Staff, but it'd be cool for users and guest of the boards to see who writes for the newspaper.

I'm thinking the star color would be orange, to match the Core 'Shroom Staff, but the amount of stars would be less (one or two). I also know there are a couple of other users, like Baby Luigi and Yoshi876, who are a 'Shroom Writer, but also have another rank. Maybe the 'Shroom Writer rank would be the lowest possible rank (aside from banned) on the forums, so as to not overwrite the "more important" ranks?

imo the ranks (aside from banned of course) more denote access to staff boards and discussion within said staff boards, and also help to identify those people in case assistance is needed. it doesn't seem very necessary to add in a shroom writer rank, as it would muddy up the current star system and make it harder to identify core staff members on places such as who's online.

Pretty much. There's no real use to come from identifying Shroom Writers; the central focus of ranks is not just to denote that person's position, but also to allow them access to relevant staff boards. The Shroom Staff needs the rank so they can access the Shroom Staff board and coordinate planning the paper; the writers don't really have any use for it.

I get that the stars denote access to certain boards, but if that's the case what would Retired Wiki Staff have/need access to?

Wiki Staff board, yeah. Since most everyone with the rank was someone who simply retired from the job, they generally keep access due to the fact that they can often help contribute and provide advice on Wiki issues even though they aren't active staffers. It's the same reason most of the past 'Shroom Staff retain access to the shroom staff board.

That's right. It's like the wiki's autopatrolled rank - former staff who are still considered trustworthy have their edits marked as if they were still staff. Trusted former staff are also welcome to still give their weighting on internal discussions if they so wish.

Back