30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 30: Your favorite game of all time

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
HELLO

After posting this in like four ask threads I decided I should post this in the video game board in general because I think it would be really neat to do. Basically, this is a thirty day video game challenge - every day has a different "question" relating to video games, and you would answer these questions based on the corresponding day.

So basically, after this post, you would answer Day 1's challenge until we roll over to Day 2. It's like 6PM EST right now so let's say we switch days every day at 6PM EST; so day 1 starts now, and day 2 will begin at 6PM EST tomorrow, day 3 the following day, etc.

HERE IS THE 30 DAY VIDEO GAME CHALLENGE! LET'S GOOOOOO

p.s. i'm also partaking

C2juCZJUQAAvhSn.jpg

Day 1: Very first video game

The very first video game I ever played was either Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Bros. 2. I couldn't get anywhere in SMB2 but SMB was a favorite. It was the Duck Hunt bundle but I had no idea how to play Duck Hunt loooooool. I was like 3 or 4 when I started playing SMB and SMB2, I think, it was on my parents' NES in my older sister's room.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 1: Very first video game

My first video game was Nintendogs. I remember having a really well trained one, but I released it and got a lab that resembled my actual dog.

Oh god I'm pretty sure I've played video games before I my memory started working correctly but my oldest memories have to be from playing ps1 and out of the pirated games (we had those before we had any original ps1 games) I had the ones I remember playing the most are Crash Bandicoot (my father helped me out a lot here in some of the harder stages, like the infamous bridge. Also we never beat the game iirc lol.) and Harry Potter 1 (i BARELY remember seeing anything past the gryffindor "level", so to speak but i remember i must've been almost up to the end of the game. It's fascinating how my 2 or 3 year old brain could play that far but doesn't remember most of it. In fact now that I think about I just remember a terribly misplaced boss fight directly outside of hogwarts, a rather long level in the dungeon and a chase with peeves which was the part that i could never get past I think).

So let's say it's one of those. I have other very early video game memories but I'm pretty sure those are the earliest.

slightly off topic for day 1 but i also just remember the last time I bought a new (that means sealed) ps1 game in a store, which was spongebob supersponge. mustve been around 2005?

The first I played was Super Mario World, followed closely by Mortal Kombat on my uncle's SNES. My mom was not pleased :P

The first I owned was Super Mario 64 followed very closely by Mario Kart 64, I got both for Christmas and I was the happiest kid ever.

nascar thunder 2003 on ps2 was the first game i remember playing.

for the longest time it (plus a few other nascar games) was the only game i owned.

I think my very first video game was either Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World or SSB Melee. Luigis Mansion was one of the first but not /the/ first iirc but i still have really fond memories playing that game.

I can't remember exactly what my first video game was because I was still very much in bab mode but the earliest ones i remember playing were Tetris (NES version), SMB/Duck Hunt, or Mega Man 2.

the seeds were planted early

My very first video game was Mario Kart DS. I got it for my 7th birthday in 2009 (jeez that was a long time ago) and I still play it to this day.

My sister and me got Mario Party 5 and a GCN in 2003. I still play the game, and I enjoy it.

First one I can remember officially owning was that Hamtaro game for the GBC. I was all over that show so I guess my obsessive phase got me into vidya

I might have played some games before then on my older brother's PS1 but I can't remember it very well so I probably didnt lol

I'm just going to do this instead of answering the ask thread question :bowjr:

Pokémon Snap, I think I wanted it because I watched the anime when I was like six

My first video game was probably some computer disk game. But from what I remember, it's Super Mario World

i've already answered all of these in my ask thread
btw guys check out my ask thread

for real though i'd say either smw or kirby super star, idr at this point lol

I'm also in the 'played games before memory' category because my older brother had a NES. If I were to guess it would be Super Mario Bros but it could have also been Duck Hunt (had the bundle), Dr. Mario, Duck Tales, A Boy and His Blob or Bart vs. The Space Mutants.

Damn that's a heap of games that just *existed* when I started remembering things.

My first video game was Super Mario Bros.

I think it may have been Super Mario Sunshine. That is definitely the first game I had a file on (I still have that file, but I haven't beaten it). Maybe some other Gamecube games, but my memory of videogames hardly goes back to before the Wii came out. When the Wii came out is my first concrete memory.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 2: Your favorite character

My favorite character? Oh God. I love Mario for nostalgic reasons, Plague Knight is freaking great, where do I begin with Guzma and Fawful... There's so many amazing characters.

Salazzle said:
The best thing about this Thread so far is Packy liking all the posts :birdo:

All part of my master plan :dk2:

ALRIGHT, I'M LATE TO SWITCHING DAYS, GOT CAUGHT UP IN A MEETING AND STUFF, ETC., I'M HERE NOW, NO WORRIES

DAY 2

NOW

Day 2: Your favorite character

This one is a real toughie for me. I grew up playing Fire Emblem, and I immediately fell in love with General Zelgius the first time I played through Path of Radiance, and then Radiant Dawn. For years and years he was my favorite character, but now... I have to go with the newly found love himself: Godot. Such an amazing character. His sarcastic, laidback, coffee-loving personality and attitude. His backstory, the plot revolving around him, the conclusion to Trials and Tribulations... and HIS THEME. OH MY GOODNESS HIS THEME I'VE LISTENED TO AT LEAST 1 1/2 HOURS WORTH OF HIS THEME JUST IN THIS VIDEO.

latest

HE'S SO GOOD UUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

ProtoMan.gif-c200

gdi he's so fucking cool

I think my first video game was either sonic the hedgehog 2 on the original genesis or the video game for the cars movie. one is an unparalleled masterpiece, and the other has a blue hedgehog collecting rings [/s]

as for my favorite character...tough question. even if the fanbase makes him look like the reincarnation of jesus, I'm still a big fan of mettaton, theme music isn't so bad either. mega man is really good too

Back