Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rip

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess

What is R-132?

A webserial using familiar 132 elements and characters while not operating within the confines of User fiction. This means that no users or "real people" are depicted therein, though if you catch an influence or two you may be onto something.

Why not post it on Userpedia?

The short answer is I'm done with Userpedia and the confines of user fiction. The long answer is that User fiction uses real people, and real people die. That's not something I want to think about, ergo no characters depicted in R-132 are intentional adaptions of real people from my life or this site.

What's the plan with this site?

This is where I'll be posting things- if it takes off, I'll move R-132 to a new domain in the future. For now, Stooben is graciously hosting R-132 in a subdomain of Xephyr. The story will be funded by donations and non-intrusive on-page advertisements. Once a "season" is complete, I'll also be bundling the contents of the season into an eBook, alongside extra content, as an optional way for readers to support the author.

Do you have any new features planned?

Absolutely. I'll eventually be making it where each chapter has different background and text colors depending on who its narrator is. I'm also looking into having art done to illustrate key characters, weapons, insignias and so on. This is a passion project for me.

What's the release schedule?

An episode a week, every Friday, until the end of a season. Season breaks will last for a currently-unspecified amount of time, while season premieres will debut with two episodes instead of one.

What's the story even about?

The base plot will sound familiar enough to anyone that's read my work. There are 9 Elements, 9 Great Beasts embodying them, and 9 Ancestors, sealed away alongside a powerful evil, who mastered them. The main protagonists are found in Michael Lockheart and Nalia Cynd, but the similarities end right about there. I'd recommend checking out the double-episode premiere to get an idea of how this story begins.

Re: R-132: A webserial blending high fantasy, modern fantasy, schizo tech and more

another year, another 132 reboot

i'm not the greatest fan of starting out in media res, especially when it's followed by a giant exposition dump. it can work, but personally it feels cumbersome

also, i notice you mention medieval architecture, what exactly does that mean in terms of this world? since i don't really know if they had a medieval age or not it stuck out to me

anyway im not really much into fantasy but im looking forward to what you have coming

Re: R-132: A webserial blending high fantasy, modern fantasy, schizo tech and more

Nabber said:
another year, another 132 reboot

basically

i'm not the greatest fan of starting out in media res, especially when it's followed by a giant exposition dump. it can work, but personally it feels cumbersome

Yeah, that's fair. Fortunately the In Media Res isn't that far ahead- you'll see the full events of that in Episode 4. So two weeks, or one if I decide to make it a double-special (which I just might).

also, i notice you mention medieval architecture, what exactly does that mean in terms of this world? since i don't really know if they had a medieval age or not it stuck out to me

arthurian castles and shit

anyway im not really much into fantasy but im looking forward to what you have coming

<3

Jav posts without his own review

I am disappoint

R-132 Relaunched! Episodes 3-4 are out!

Relaunched R-132.

The biggest difference as of right now is that the color of the page will change depending on who the narrator is- gold/black for Michael and celestial blue/white for Nalia right now. Episodes 1 and 2 have also seen some edits, while Episodes 3 and 4 are totally brand new.

From here on out, R-132 will be adhering to a schedule of 1 episode released each week, Friday, at 6PM Mountain Time.

R-132 seasons will last 22 episodes each, with a midseason finale and break at episode 11 of each season.

I'm reaching out to some artist friends of mine to help me add some visual elements to the story- namely, character artwork and illustration of important elements like element logos, family crests, and so on. I hope you guys appreciate the work I'm putting in.

Also a strawpoll since the in-topic one isn't working.

I'm going to ask you guys to leave constructive feedback if you feel the content isn't being well-executed, though. I don't mind criticism so long as I can use it to improve in some way.

Re: R-132: Episode 5 is out! please read me

https://r132.thexephyrboard.net/2017/06/23/episode-6/

it did that

pls read

Re: R-132: Episode 15 is out!

I've made a lot of progress on this recently.

Like, a lot.

It's picked right the hell up since the first few episodes. Give it a shot.

Back