Not open for further replies.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Decided to create a thread where users can talk about the poll, whether it be questions about it or a place to talk about your answers. You don't have to post your answers if you don't want to, of course, that's the beauty of a forum.

I'd recommend against trying to suggest a poll here, as you'd have a better chance here.

At the moment, the current poll is:

Which game engine do you use the most in Super Mario Maker?
* Super Mario Bros.
* Super Mario Bros. 3
* Super Mario World
* New Super Mario Bros. U
* I have never played Super Mario Maker.

I mainly use the Super Mario Bros. engine mainly due to the amiibo costumes and I just like running around the Mushroom Kingdom as Link or Samus (or Sonic the Hedgehog). But if I feel like making a grueling obstacle course, I go with Super Mario World.

I made a vague suggestion in the shroom staff board about making a thread like this in response to the poll committee section within pipe plaza, good idea me :poshjr: (and also alex95)

Never played SMM but I promise I'll contribute a real post in this topic eventually.

SMW for sure, because nostalgia

the only redeeming factor of the SMB engine is the mystery costumes. had they not included them, i think smb would've been the least popular

also this is a good idea for a topic and should be stickied

When I first got the game I thought I'd be using SMW the most but looking at my levels I appear to have a strong favoring for the SMB1 style. And I think I know why: the simpler aesthetics and mechanics make it easier to create a visually appealing level and one that is less likely to contain cheese. The other styles, you gotta worry about players using shell jumps, carrying items where they shouldn't be carried, in the case of NSMBU abusing wall jumps, etc. With SMB1 I can be more creative with the level layout without worrying about abuse of the extra mechanics in the other styles.

Also, most SMB1 tilesets don't produce that ugly-ass seam at the start and end of levels (most noticeable and glaring in NSMBU)

I actually wrote this poll, and it also went up on my birthday, and now everyone's talking about it. That's cool.

But my answer is definitely SMW because the music, it looks good, and I don't like any of the other themes.

Super Mario Bros. 3. It's just overall the most aesthetically pleasing to me.

Despite owning the game, sadly I haven't been able to play it yet.

New poll!

Which new character do you want to use the most in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
*Bowser Jr.
*King Boo
*Dry Bones
*Inklings

While I don't see myself getting MK8DX anytime soon (I need a Switch, first of all), I'm more excited to use King Boo than the others. I just wish Special Items returned along with the Double Item Boxes, in which case, King Boo would be unstoppable!

EDIT: Where is Gold Mario?

RIP my birthday poll.

Anyway, I said King Boo. Dry Bones was a close second, Bowser Jr. is an okay inclusion, I guess, and screw Inklings in Mario Kart imo.

Gold Mario wasn't confirmed yet when we made this poll and nobody reacted quick enough to add him I guess

Man what a shitty poll now
whoever wrote this should be fired

I often mained Dry Bones in MKDS. I'd be excited to play him again if I can manage to get a Switch this year, I'm hoping.

Dry Bones was always my man when I wasn't using Yoshi. I don't really have an opinion on King Boo or Bowser Jr., and call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to keep my Mario games Mario, so I don't really care for the Inklings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back