Author Topic: Poll Talk  (Read 50738 times)

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
Re: Poll Talk
« Reply #1060 on: December 30, 2018, 09:18:29 PM »
  • I do not have a Nintendo Switch.

Hello, familiar option, how wonderful to see you again.
Same
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

Sheriff Woody

• Can't wait for the fourth movie.
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • U R a toi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 31, 2018, 02:17:00 AM »
I want the system to shut down someday, because now I can't play online anymore! I mean, I wasn't playing online before the service was here anyway, but I wanna try some of the game's online, like Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

The problem is that I can only buy it with eShop cards, but I can't find those. So if I somehow get an American credit card or an eShop card, then I'll be very happy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 02:18:59 AM by Bucken Berry »

winstein

• Power Star
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 31, 2018, 02:31:09 AM »
I am planning to get it next year (so basically soon), and in time for the most recent Splatfest. Initially I wanted to get a family plan and recruit some fellow Mario Board members into it, but I am unsure if I can pull it off. If I can't do it, then the regular $20 would do.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Leo Luster

• You're gonna stop because that's what you do when you're faced with an irresistible force
  • King Bowser
  • Shy Guy on Wheels
  • And irresistible is what I am baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 31, 2018, 04:24:42 AM »
Option 3

Nintendo has proved time and time again that they don't know how to run an online service properly, and making a tone death announcement for it alongside zero attempts to improve an already terrible service was the final nail in the coffin for me.

But hey, now I don't have to worry about wasting the money I spent on the online service going to waste if I mod my Switch, because we all know how much Nintendo hates mods.

Erdrick the Hero

• Gotta love that Dragon Quest series right? Favorite series that I've totally played probably.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 31, 2018, 07:57:16 AM »
Option 1 but only for the NES stuff. And even then I never use it. I didn't want to waste ten dollars (we split the 1-year price) but my bro never listens to me and thought that VC was still coming even after I told him it wasn't.
AND I've never cared about online functionality in games because our internet is CRAP.

Oh...uh, rant over...

Duskull

• Spooky Ghost
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: January 01, 2019, 11:03:07 AM »
I don't currently have a subscription, but I'm going to get one to Smash online with a few friends. Plus, can play some more Splatoon that way too.

NanoPhoenix

• The hill in the background with eyes
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1066 on: January 01, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »
Not yet, I wanted to today actually but I stupidly scratched my Nintendo Point Card too hard and that weird adhesive stuff they put on the back to cover the code is now smeared across the number. I've tried scratching more but it only got more and more illegible, currently waiting on Nintendo customer support to reply to my support ticket.

UPDATE: Got it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:37:04 PM by NanoPhoenix »

Ice Cream Man

• True to the art of Tech-Hop
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • The Pyro Guy
  • And It Don't Stop
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #1067 on: January 06, 2019, 06:13:24 PM »
First 2019 poll! This time you don't need a Switch to vote  :yoshi:

Which of these features would you like to see return in future Mario Kart titles?
-Being required to place in 4th or above in Grand Prix (Super Mario Kart, 64, and Super Circuit)
-Two characters on one kart (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)
-Customizable emblems (Mario Kart DS)
-Being able to carry two items at once (Mario Kart Double Dash!! and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)
-Third-Party Characters (Mario Kart GP titles)
-Special Items (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)
-Wheelies (Mario Kart Wii)

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 06, 2019, 06:15:10 PM »
Voted for customizable emblems as that's the feature I'd like to see return the most. Loved making them in MKDS, wish they were brought back and expanded upon.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Bandana Waddle Dee

• The Legend of Dee
  • Shine Sprite
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 06, 2019, 06:32:43 PM »
Special items win easily for me.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #1070 on: January 06, 2019, 06:51:30 PM »
I voted two-player karts, but I also want to see special items and being able to place high to continue.

Erdrick the Hero

• Gotta love that Dragon Quest series right? Favorite series that I've totally played probably.
  • King Bowser
  • Moldomré
  • The local Pink Yoshi Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 06, 2019, 08:54:26 PM »
Wheelies.
Why even remove them in the first place?

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 06, 2019, 08:55:41 PM »
My guess was because they were broken af

I'd like to have the ability to wheelie but only for showing off ala like taunting in Smash Bros.

winstein

• Power Star
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 06, 2019, 09:15:33 PM »
Let's see...

Being required to place in 4th or above in Grand Prix? No, I think this is not a very good feature to have in a Mario Kart game, especially because it forces you to do well. In 64, it's even preferable to do worse then 4th (over being 4th) because you won't carry over a low rank position.

Two characters on one kart? I would love this feature to return, because it was the best thing about Double Dash to play as two characters at once. I do wonder if there should be more for the backseat player to do, besides using items and attacking since they aren't as influential in a race compared to the driver. Yes!

Customizable emblems? I don't normally customise emblems, and it also prevents other players from doing the same (so no creative lewd emblems), so I am OK with this one being not implemented. It would be alright to have though.

Being able to carry two items at once? A very welcomed feature that even changes how Mario Kart 8 is played, and I welcome this too on account that there is more than one option. I would more so prefer the Double Dash one for the ability to swap items on the go. Yes!

Third-Party Characters? I wish I played the Arcade games once because playing as Pac-man sounds like a novelty. It's not required but it would be cool to play as oddball choices like Sonic or Rayman.

Special Items? Yes please. I do think that instead of one character having one special item each, they should have a set of 2 or 3 special items that could be obtained depending on how well they do, since Double Dash's single special item system meant that certain characters won't get their items if they do well, like Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. Yes!

Wheelies? No need for this, if it breaks the balance in favour of bikes.

Of the 3 things I want, I think I would prefer Special Items to return, in order to further each character's uniqueness.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Ray Trace

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 06, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »
About special items, I actually don't want them to return. When Double Dash pulled it off, it was unbalanced as hell and even an item that slightly puts a particular character to an advantage will means that players will flock to him.

Chrom Fire Emblem

• Bisexual Icon
  • Donkey Kong
  • Shygul
  • Trans rights.
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #1075 on: January 07, 2019, 01:06:52 AM »
emblems without a doubt

Forde

• Chill cavalier who just likes paintings, sleeping and apparently speaks to himself a lot. That's definitely not Koops.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Look at Seth! He's soloing the game again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 07, 2019, 01:09:20 AM »
Two items at once.

Wouldn't vote for special items because if there were any special item some of them would inevitably be more broken than others and then all that tier list crap is happening all over again.

Two players in one kart? Eh haven't played double dash but sounds like the feature was made for that game so I'll let it stay exclusive to that and move on.

Customizable emblems? That sounds pretty neato actually, I want that, but being able to hold two items at once is a better thing. Especially if coins return as item box items.

Sheriff Woody

• Can't wait for the fourth movie.
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • U R a toi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 07, 2019, 02:12:42 AM »
Two items at once and Third party characters

NanoPhoenix

• The hill in the background with eyes
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1078 on: January 13, 2019, 05:34:25 PM »
Special items, Two items at once and two racers per Kart.

Ice Cream Man

• True to the art of Tech-Hop
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • The Pyro Guy
  • And It Don't Stop
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #1079 on: January 13, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »
In recent Smash entries, third-party characters such as Sonic, Ryu, Simon, and Joker have become regular additions. How do you feel about this?
*I like it, and I hope Nintendo keeps adding more third-parties.
*I like it. They should go even further by adding characters from media other than videogames.
*I don’t mind it so long as they also continue to add Nintendo characters.
*I'm neutral; the origins of new characters don't matter to me.
*While I didn't mind a couple third-party characters, I feel too many of them are being added now.
*I dislike the entire concept and want Smash Bros to go back to Nintendo-only in the future.

itd be cool if a non-video game character was in smash, like the Son Goku guy