Will you press the button?

Natalie J.

Dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign.
Pronouns
She/her
There's an entire website dedicated to this game so I figured I would try it here. Basically, if you've never played it, the way WYPTB works is that you're presented with a hypothetical situation that's good, e.g. world hunger ends, but there's a downside to it, e.g. you can only eat broccoli for the rest of your life, and you have to decide if you would press the button to say yes or "I will not!" for no. If you want you can just say "Press" or "No."

By the way, if you got another question that you pressed the button on, those effects don't count toward later buttons. I'll start.

You can have all the money you want, but you can only listen to your least favorite song for the rest of your life.

I would press the button, since I don't listen that much to music anyways.

The old style gameplay of Mario Party returns, but Chance Time is deliberately programmed to happen at least 3 times during every game.

press it, ill shower myself with all the mario party games

a button which makes all anime go away

I thought there was supposed to be a downside? I would totally press that.

Here's one I like that I saw once: You can walk through walls, but your clothes wouldn't go with you.

I'd press it, since I don't care what I'm drawing as long as it would give me money.

You'd get every upcoming Mario Kart home console game for free, but the starting roster (not including potential newcomers) would always be identical to MK8D's.

So I just ignore Baby Rosalina and PGP. I would press that.

You get a million dollars (or whatever currency you use) but you only get it if you don't eat anything at all for 24 hours.

I mean, eating and consuming are two different things, so I'd just drink a ton that day. Press.

Half-Life 3 is released, but it's a Wii U exclusive

Sure. Why not.

You get a YouTube channel that becomes famous, but after 6 months something happens and everyone hates you.

Nope nope nope, even if there wasn't the catch. Deathly afraid of heights, couldn't handle flying.

You get to spy on everyone on earth, anywhere and place, but you will need to run 10km everyday, and if you don't you will die.

i would rather not have the chance of spontaneously teleporting into open water or somewhere like north korea so pls no

you will never need sleep again, but you feel hungry again much faster than usual after a meal.

Nah, I'm fine with my sleep.

You become immortal but every 100 years you die and resurrect in a random spot on earth.

Yes
You can download any game legally for free but you have to share your internet browsing history with everyone you know.

Nah.

The video game of your dreams (whatever you want more than anything else) is released for a new gaming console, but it's the only thing worth a crap ever to be released for it, and everything else is shovelware.

Sure. I could make a video on all the crappy shovelware.

You get to meet a famous person of your choice, but they don't like you.

I choose Miyamoto and I get a friend to accompany me. He doesn't like me but he's fine with my friend :)

You receive the most expensive computer in the world for free and are able to use it for anything you want without the restriction of laws, but it is secretly sentient and knows everything you do.

Doesn't say it'll tell anyone what I do.

You get 1,000,000 of your local currency but the government takes an extra 50% of any money you buy with it.

Well yeah, it's still free money, just technically less of it (if I read that right)

You live in the Mario universe, but you live in the Mario universe. (basically are you willing to endure any hardships you might face there in order to enjoy the good things)

Doesn't say I can't still watch YouTube and do stuff like that, so as long as I get to live in the Mario universe as a Yoshi, then totally.

You can see the future, but the future sucks.

I'll press that.

You can communicate telepathically, but you can't actually speak or emit noises of any kind.

If people understand what I'm saying, why not?

You get the ability to shapeshift, you can never eat your favorite food again.

Back