What were the best years for video games?

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
What do you think were the best years for video games? To put it another way, what years had the best releases for games?

I'll start with 1998, the year that gave us Half-Life, Metal Gear Solid, Banjo-Kazooie, Spyro the Dragon, StarCraft, Pokemon Red and Blue, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and many other great titles.

Won't list a specific year, but the GCN years gave us at least 4 Mario Parties, Yakuman DS, Itadaki Street DS, and several new Mario sports like baseball and soccer and basketball, DDR: Mario Mix, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, New Super Mario Bros. DS, and Super Mario 64 DS; and strange stuff like SSX on Tour and NBA Street v3.

To be fair, Mario merchandising was pretty slim.

On the nonMariocentric view, it also gave us Kirby Air Ride, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

2005 gave me two of my favorite games of all time: Mario Party 7 and Shrek SuperSlam. 2007 gave us Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8 and Mario Strikers Charged.

The N64 era gave us several classic games, which would be too many to list in my opinion.

im not even sure yeah the 90s were nice but ive also found myself enjoying game in the early 2000's up to 2017.

Kinda hard for me to really say, as gaming has been really good for me.

2007 was when M&Ms Kart Racing was released.

Right now. Because there have been lots of great games and I can also easily access hundreds if not thousands of older ones as well.

Mcmadness said:
Right now. Because there have been lots of great games and I can also easily access hundreds if not thousands of older ones as well.

That's what I like about the Wii and the Wii U. They both have Virtual Console, which is a fantastic feature. Not to mention that their own gallery of games are also very good.

if everything goes as planned, 2017 might be the new best. Considering that BotW is out, A Hat in Time, Yooka-Laylee, the new Splatoon, and Super Mario Odyssey are all announced to be released later this year.

who knows, maybe Nintendo will actually release a good Mario Party again.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Kazooie said:
who knows, maybe Nintendo will actually release a good Mario Party again.

Only if Nd Cube realised their true mistake.

did you guys miss out on mario party: star rush.......?

Back