Well, this issue was bound to come up sooner or later

I've seen some videos about this whole thing and this guy says it THE ABSOLUTE best imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci505fFQAPA

I don't follow Pewdiepie or any news popping up regarding him. Some context would be nice.

he's been accused of being alt-right and/or literally a nazi because of some anti-semitic jokes in his videos recently

This is one of my problems.

Apparently now , you have to be a stuck up politically correct person with ''liberal'' ideas to be respected in the public eye.

Any sign of the opposite , even as a clear joke , will make you the target of harassment or name calling.

This is also an example of how the media is thristy and tries to put people down.

People love to make things a bigger deal than they are and this is not exception. He was joking and has even apologized , i honestly hate the guts of all the people that are so far up their butts so they get offended by every little thing.

Yeah idk, I'm not a person who would ever get offended by it personally, but so much of things like what PDP does happens all the time I'm kind of desensitized about it.

So overall I feel like people are making a bigger fuss over it than what it should be, but that's with my admittedly extremely slanted viewpoint and bias against news media.

Mr. Edo said:
I don't follow Pewdiepie or any news popping up regarding him. Some context would be nice.
People were accusing him of being racist, so he made a video called "I'M RACIST?" where he blasted the media for taking stuff he says/did out of context just to come up with clickbaity titles. At the end of that video, he (obviously ironically) puts on a Nazi uniform and smiles as he watches Hitler give a speech.

The completely natural reaction to this was "Pewdiepie isn't just racist, he's a NAZI!!!!".

Normally this wouldn't be so bad, since idiotic comments and slander are just part of the internet, but it led to his show getting cancelled all over some comedy.

Ethan Klein (H3H3) did a pretty good summary of it:

Cid Highwind said:
some anti-semitic jokes
Cartman does this all the time and nobody cares. Why is it a big deal when Pewds does it?

And neither do I. I'll stick with Vinesauce.

Javelin said:
At the end of that video, he (obviously ironically) puts on a Nazi uniform and smiles as he watches Hitler give a speech.
this, i feel, was taking it a bit too far for the video. if it's obvious it was an issue that many people were taking offense to, doing that would just make things way worse for you.

i really don't feel like the jokes should be made by anyone in the first place either, but eh.

Chara said:
Javelin said:
At the end of that video, he (obviously ironically) puts on a Nazi uniform and smiles as he watches Hitler give a speech.
this, i feel, was taking it a bit too far for the video. if it's obvious it was an issue that many people were taking offense to, doing that would just make things way worse for you.

i really don't feel like the jokes should be made by anyone in the first place either, but eh.
It wasn't even a good Nazi uniform. I think it had, like, a kangaroo on the hat.

Despite it being Buzzfeed I feel this piece sums up my thoughts: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jacobclifton/pewdiepie-isnt-a-monster-hes-someone-you-know

well as i said before in another place, judging from certain videos of his and his overall commentary i never really got the idea he was a nazi just some kind of goofball on the internet.

I dont really like his commentary but thats really as far as it goes as being negative about him, as i just dont really get the nazi thing, but whatever.

Sometimes it just seems people want to accuse people of this or that just for the sake of making accusations.

i don't even get what the argument is here

he made some distasteful jokes, and he lost sponsorship

what's the big deal

people think he's racist but he's not?

distasteful yes, but certainly not something that he should be ridiculed for

and as we all know, racists are the ones who get shit on the most

imagine how it must feel to be shit on for views that you don't actually hold, for a joke that people were so offended by that they label you a racist

political correctness in this day and age is literally a pile of horse shit

Decidueye said:
oh poor him, people are upset that he makes jokes about nazis

political correctness gone wild

Decidueye said:
imagine how it must feel to be shit on for views that you don't actually hold, for a joke that people were so offended by that they label you a racist
pretty nice, since he's gotten even more subscribers due to this and is still making a ton of money

Salazzle said:
I've seen some videos about this whole thing and this guy says it THE ABSOLUTE best imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci505fFQAPA

for everyone commenting I actually do really recommend watching this video in its entirety because while it might have some secondhand embarrassment with like 60% of the video being this dude trying to explain why his opinion is just an opinion, it's actually a good opinion that takes a mostly neutral stance saying "hey both the people calling him a nazi, and the people defending him 100% are both wrong, but it's acceptable and probably the right decision for his sponsors to have dropped him because they don't want nazi jokes to be part of their brand and that's literally their right and no big deal" as well as the wholesome "if he wants to make edgy jokes, he has to be prepared for blowback like literally every other comedian who makes racy jokes has to do"

so like

no he's not a nazi, but instead of trying to justify what he did as not being a big deal, it is, just not as big of a deal as your cherrypicked tumblr sjw blogs are making it out to be

Well he deleted his post but I'm responding anyway.

I doubt any television show is going to go to the extreme of having a person hold a sign saying "Death to all Jews". It's not like PewDiePie said the word ass and then got dropped. The joke he pulled is obviously offensive, and specifically to a group of people segregated and killed in the past. So I don't believe this is going to spiral into a whole censorship slippery slope.

I consider myself on the politically correct side, but I just feel that this guy dressing up as a Nazi is done more in poor judgment rather than actual malice. Like, he probably doesn't even realize that the Internet can AND WILL take those kinds of things out of context.

Per Anton, I also think the sponsors did the right thing they can do.

Nabber said:
Decidueye said:
oh poor him, people are upset that he makes jokes about nazis

political correctness gone wild

Decidueye said:
pretty nice, since he's gotten even more subscribers due to this and is still making a ton of money
i still think the hate is going too far, he's defending against actual nazism here, yet people for some reason think he supports it

joke's poor taste, i agree, but to brand him a racist over it?? you can't honestly say he deserved that

he deserved to lose his sponsorship, disney's a child friendly company so he shouldn't make those kind of jokes, but this is going too far now

that's where the pc is going 'wild', dude, people branding him a racist for something that is clearly a joke

it was a stupid joke, he got backlash for it, sponsors rightfully backed off
none of this means he's racist lol

It means people always want to be victimized and feel offended.

I honestly think that's very sad. Imagine living your life without a thick skin to minimal stuff. Yikes.

I don't blame his sponsors from dropping him , because he is a very well known internet personality with a huge platform , therefore he really needs to be even more careful than the average person with these issues , and big companies usually avoid controversies that would cost them money.

It's all about that money for them.

However , that's not an excuse for all the people that had the audacity to ''feel'' offended by this.

Grow up , and man up. The internet does not define your life people , nor do the comments of an internet personality.

I mean

Had atheists gone through an entire Holocaust and then PewDiePie had a sign saying "Death to all Atheists"

I'd be pretty offended

I have heard a ton of terrorist jokes about muslims from all these internet folks.

My family (dad's side) are Muslims.

Do i feel offended? Nope.

I also personally believe in God , do i feel offended if atheists make fun of God?

Nope , because i don't give a fuck.

My life is mine only , nobody has influence on it but me. I refuse to give anybody the right to it , that's how it's gonna stay until i die.

Swiftie_Luma said:
However , that's not an excuse for all the people that had the audacity to ''feel'' offended by this.
yeah, those silly people who have feelings, how silly

give me a fucking break

i feel like the main problem with this whole thing is how people who are nazis can see stuff like this, and think it's okay to say stuff like this as long as they follow with "oh, i'm just joking", because they know no one will care and they can get away with their viewpoints.

Back