What's next for the Yoshi series?

What do you personally want to see next?

• Yoshi's Island 4

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Woolly World 2

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 3D Platofmer

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yoshi RPG

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yoshi Racing Game

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yoshi Sports

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoshi Puzzle

• Other (state what in posts)

• Total voters

GmanSir

2 Dimensional
Yoshi just got a great game in the form of Yoshi's Woolly World in 2015. It then got ported to the 3DS earlier this year. My question is, what's next? What do you want to see for the future of the Yoshi series?

yoshi rpg give it to me

Baby Bowser spin off

No bias

I just want a game where Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are competent and a little more than plot devices.

Also, please nix Baby Luigi kidnappings ok.

Yoshi's Pinball

So Kamek turns all babies into pinballs. To stop him, Yoshi has to clear the different tables with themes relating to the various enemies and bosses in the franchise. You start out with just Baby Mario, but you unlock the other babies as you progress. Each baby has a special ability that can help Yoshi get a better pinball score.

Here are the babies that Yoshi can use as pinballs:
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Wario
Baby Donkey Kong
Baby Rosalina
Baby Bowser (available after beating Kamek's table)
And then there would also be a few bonus pinball tables based on other Nintendo franchises. Beating those would unlock baby pinball versions of their respective characters (i.e., Baby Link, Baby Samus, Baby Kirby, etc.)

Baby Luigi said:
I just want a game where Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are competent and a little more than plot devices.

Also, please nix Baby Luigi kidnappings ok.

maybe yoshi gets kidnapped and baby luig and baby mario go an epic rpg adventure to save him.

i'd buy the hell out of that game

Yoshi's mystery dungeon

Baby Luigi said:
Zae Eildus said:
Mcmadness said:
Yoshi's mystery dungeon

no

just *bleep* no

what's wrong with mystery dungeon?

It's gameplay is so SLOW and sluggish and dull and ugh. The combat really bothers me and how you move around is very infuriating, its incredibly awkward and i dont like it(big surprise).

Argonaut's "Yoshi platformer" was seemingly a racing game with platform elements, Sonic R or Rayman Arena-style (or Mad Dash Racing, if you want an actually good example of that sort of game). Learning that made me think that could be a very interesting concept in Nintendo's hands.

Hey, at least I admit my insanity.

nu, u did naught

Magikrazy said:
Yoshi's Pinball

So Kamek turns all babies into pinballs. To stop him, Yoshi has to clear the different tables with themes relating to the various enemies and bosses in the franchise. You start out with just Baby Mario, but you unlock the other babies as you progress. Each baby has a special ability that can help Yoshi get a better pinball score.

Here are the babies that Yoshi can use as pinballs:
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Wario
Baby Donkey Kong
Baby Rosalina
Baby Bowser (available after beating Kamek's table)
And then there would also be a few bonus pinball tables based on other Nintendo franchises. Beating those would unlock baby pinball versions of their respective characters (i.e., Baby Link, Baby Samus, Baby Kirby, etc.)

I think Kirby's already a baby, iirc.

If Nintendo ever decides to work with Disney again (since, like, what? The Game & Watch era?), they should totally do a Yoshi X Winnie-the-Pooh crossover.

Maybe Kamek kidnaps Christopher Robin to gain control of the Hundred Acre Wood or something. I don't know, the two series just seem like they would mesh well together.

If that happens, Luigi needs to be riding Lumpy the Heffalump or there'll be a riot.

I hope Yoshi's Woolly World 2. That game was pretty darn good.

For my sister and I, Yoshi series has always been unimpressive. We played Yoshi's Island DS first, and we don't get how the SNES is hailed as superior when we really think they're equal. I understand that the DS game is waaay too similar to the first game except for its lousy soundtrack, but it's hard to shake the "been there, done that" when we were playing Yoshi's Island GBA remake. And we don't even think DS is a very good game.

For Yoshi's Wooly World, its demo my sister played impressed neither of us since it just feels like Yoshi's Island DS with yarn and without babies.

I suppose our negativity with Yoshi influenced our enjoyment partially though Wario Land 4, from what my sister thought about it, isn't okayish like Yoshi's Island GBA.

As a whole, I find the Yoshi series to be very underwhelming.

Back