Author Topic: AC Application  (Read 1767 times)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
AC Application
« on: February 11, 2017, 08:59:40 PM »
Below are the details for signing up for this year's awards committee.  Please use this topic to ask questions or make comments, or PM either me or turb.

We are looking for 10-15 focused, hard-working community members to join the 2017 MarioWiki Awards Ceremony Committee. The Awards Committee’s main focus is the creation of the polls in June, but they will be responsible for decisions related to the entire anniversary event, including but not limited to tournaments, prizes, presentations, and overall AC policies and structure.

Meetings will begin Saturday, March 11th 8-10pm (EST for the first meeting, EDT for the rest), and are held in #mwikiawards on Darkmyst (irc.darkmyst.org). Following meetings will alternate Friday/Saturday nights with care to avoid ‘Shroom meetings, deadlines, and other potential conflicts. An exact schedule will be posted once it is determined and will be available in both the public and staff Awards boards on the forum.

There are a few minimal requirements to be an AC member this year:
*You must be a forum member. We will be utilizing an underground forum to discuss topics in more detail and keep track of progress.
*You must be active and in good standing with the community; applicants will be screened by Awards staff and past AC members. You must exercise basic judgment and common sense to be allowed on the committee. Committee members represent the Super Mario Wiki, so we expect a basic level of maturity, intelligence and kindness towards others.
*You should at least try to attend meetings/vote in them, but if you are unable to attend meetings due to time conflicts or time zone differences please be sure to still post in the board regularly and keep updated. With a smaller AC we are hoping to have a tighter group of continually active members.
*You are expected to vote/voice abstention in staff board polls, as well as participate in discussion.

While it is not a formal requirement, if you sign up for the AC please be willing to do at least one presentation.  Only confirmed AC members will be given a vote in meetings but meetings are open to the public, so you can drop in even if you aren't a committee member! We do value what everyone has to say, including non-AC members, so even without a vote your voice will surely count and your ideas will be sincerely considered.

To sign up, send a PM to Anton and/or Turb letting them know that you are interested in joining the committee, including details such as:
*A brief explanation why you want to join the AC and why you'd be a good fit.
*Any potential scheduling conflicts. This likely will not work against you but is just to figure out scheduling (i.e. can't make Friday meetings, live in a time zone that's outside the US, etc.)
*Ideas or suggestions you may have.

The application doesn’t have to be anything fancy; we just want to be sure that you’re committed more to working as a team than you are getting purple stars. Applications are due by the end of February 25th Midnight EST. Anton and Turb will post the final AC member list by March 4th and will provide staff board access shortly afterwards.

The Awards Committee is the only thing you can sign up for at the moment. Depending on its decisions over the next few months, other projects will emerge in June, and you will be able to sign up for them as well. Announcements regarding these projects will be posted on this page, so if you are interested, keep an eye on this page.

Thank you, and we'll see you around a bunch more in the upcoming months!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:01:21 PM by Anton »

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
Re: AC Application
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 12:05:09 AM »
Sign-ups are closed!  We will post up a final AC list soon!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:49:58 PM »
2017 Awards Committee
*Anton - Director, User Awards Host
*Turb - Sub-Director, Fail Awards Host
*Meta Knight - 'Shroom Awards Host
*Edo - Awards Staff Consultant
*22 - Awards Staff Consultant
*Lord Bowser
*Gamefreak75
*Smasher
*DragonFreak
*Blocky
*GBAToad
*Nyrie
*Shoey
*Brock
*Ltq
*Freakworld
*Mariofan169
*ARFU

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 10:52:53 PM »
Woo!  *spins around in a circle happily*

Grima

• Tactician of Ylisse
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 12:45:14 AM »
with the readdition of purple the who's online rainbow is once again whole thank you

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 01:08:23 AM »
holy *bleep* i actually got accepted  :toad:

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 06:29:00 AM »
nice! glad i'm in this

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 08:07:06 AM »

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 08:24:26 AM »
Congrats! Now give us some good awards

Broly

• Handicap? Is that another word for "coffin"?
  • Shine Sprite
  • aregularforumuser
  • Broly: Screaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 05:18:01 PM »
ah dude thats kickass, i got accepted
ill try to be a good committee dude, guys