Taskbar not loading & Photos app gives an error message.

NEXandGBX

One Tough Cream Puff
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
NEXandGBX
a few hours ago, every time i tried to open the photos app it would time me out. after a restart, it got even worse because the taskbar didn't load at all. the start, time (though it still updates), notification and the desktop peek button don't work, nor can i take any screenshots. i can still access context menus, including the desktop toolbar, hidden app icons, and anything i can do from a right click. the photos app also stopped timing me out and is giving a full on error message now. restarting a second time didn't do anything for it. any idea of how i could fix this, if at all?

well, I'm running into the same error. the taskbar loads, but I can't get any apps running or the start menu either. And it also started a few hours ago.

i haven't tried restarting yet, though

things such as windows explorer and right-click menus remain fully functional, and i can access programs in the taskbar jut fine

ok i think i managed to get it to unfuck itself by going into safe mode, then back out. i never found out what was causing the issue, but i used an antivirus and no viruses showed up so it doesn't seem to be that.

i thought i would have to do something in safe mode to get it working again normally but i guess not. how bizarre.

Back