Science Fair

Lemon

funny
I absolutely hate the science fair, and we had it today. When we presented to the other kids and parents, I was dead tired after the 2 hours of it. My back was basically nonexistent, my legs were stiff, and I felt sick, which I am now. I just hope the 3 judges did not hate my project, either, but I kept myself on my legs by making a few funny comments. Dang, did I hate today.

I've always loved middle school science fairs. Just sit on the table occasionally and you should be fine.

Most things science-related are tons of fun. :)

I hated chemistry, but I later appreciated it enough to help me realize that MSG is a-okay and that screaming about chemicals and "artificial" additives are also unfounded since everything is a chemical.

i'm taking chem and physics next year and oh boy is the ride going to be WILD

honestly if i get my pre-ap math, physics, and chemistry in the same semester i'll probably die

Fukanōna said:
Tsareena said:
I take it you don't like school

I would like it if it did not involve me sacrificing my bones for a few hours

It's going to be like that way for the rest of your life, what with you getting a job needing to support yourself.

ooo, flashy chemical reactions. I've only heard about the effects of mentos and diet coke, but my school is too boring for that.

Fukanōna said:
schmutz said:
what was your project?

some garbage with Coke and Mentos

Well, of course you're going to be bored if you have zero passion for your own project.

It's days like these that let you break out of the monotone drudgery of everyday school life. Embrace the opportunity and be imaginative!

I just do not like to talk about school. There is just something about it. No, not work or the science fair, I just do not know.

To be fair, I have family problems, I don't exactly like talking about them, but I bring them up when I have serious talk.

LeftyGreenMario said:
To be fair, I have family problems, I don't exactly like talking about them, but I bring them up when I have serious talk.

I have family problems, too, and like you said, it is not good to bring them up suddenly. I am not in a relationship or anything, I mean my regular family. Mom, dad, sisters.

there are so many cool science experiments out there too. you can do some wacky things with physics in your experiments, along with the different reactions you get when mixing chemical a with b, versus a and c, a and d, b and c, b and d, and c and d. i've always wanted to do a science fair, tbh.

Chara said:
there are so many cool science experiments out there too. you can do some wacky things with physics in your experiments, along with the different reactions you get when mixing chemical a with b, versus a and c, a and d, b and c, b and d, and c and d. i've always wanted to do a science fair, tbh.

Well it is over for me.

Also, you are lucky you do not have it. You would hate it if you actually did it.

No, I'm pretty sure other people look forward to this kind of thing.

Mr. Edo said:

Watch the odd1sout video about it, since it involves him doing stuff with a Twitter poll.

It will make more sense once you watch it.

I've always looked forward to the days where you fiddled around with chemicals or physics in science classes. I mean, I don't really care about the paperwork, concepts, or doing equations themselves, but I love tinkering with bunsen burners, flasks, velocity, and that sort of thing because the results are usually interesting.

you know, not everyone shares your opinion here

i personally love science and enjoy participating in science fairs, and i'm sure a lot of others here do as well. there's no need to try to bring everyone down just because your experience was less than satisfactory.

Fukanōna said:
Mr. Edo said:

Watch the odd1sout video about it, since it involves him doing stuff with a Twitter poll.

It will make more sense once you watch it.

I don't need to watch a video to formulate an opinion regarding this, I have my own experiences and memories to fall back on.

We've had projects like these in school and they usually were a hoot. You get to apply yourself instead of sitting in class and working on the same assignments over and over again.

Those are all your opinions, and you cannot change my perspective on anything.

Counter me with your replies, I do not care.

Back