Any way to disable my ringtone starting quietly?

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
A few minutes ago I found out that two potentially important calls had been made to me while I was sleeping earlier, which I did not hear. I'm fairly certain I would've heard them if my phone had rang normally, but instead it always starts off extremely quietly, then eventually gets louder (albeit gradually, so it usually doesn't wake me up)

I had this problem on my old phone, but it was fixed by an app called "Disable Increasing Ring." However this app seems to be completely useless on the new phone-- it doesn't do a damn thing. I've gone into every settings menu I can find, but there is no option to have a normal ringtone.

The phone is a Motorola Moto Z Force btw. I'm at a loss. Google only provides that app and threads that give that app as a solution. Any chance anyone here would know what to do?

Dunno what your problem is. I never had an issue like that before, and I rarely tinker with the phone sound settings. By default, it should start up loud rather than fade in.

Does it do that with every ringtone? On my old phone, some alarm tones were gradual while others weren't.

edit your ringtones so they start louder but then fade down into their usual volume, so there is no change

Have you gone to your phone's sound settings? What options do they have there?

Back