Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 4825 times)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 10:03:52 PM »
With the midway checkpoints mostly answer, here's the updated list of presentation spots that remain open or have opened up:

Open Spots
C9. Favorite Veteran 'Shroom Writer
C4. Favorite 2016 Awards Presentation
C5. Wiki Contributor Award 2017
C8. Favorite Retired 'Shroom Writer
C15. Outstanding Community Achievement Award
F9. Worst Direction of Series

We do have backup presenters dedicated to cover these, but anyone is welcome to take one on if they would like to to help ease the burden

Fawfulthegreat64

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
  • I make YouTube videos sometimes
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 04:09:30 AM »
Y'know I might actually be interested in doing something for Worst Direction of Series. Would I just edit my name onto here or do I have to be approved since I never did anything like this before? :P

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »
All you gotta do is confirm to me that you want to do one, and understand the deadline and how to do one.  If you're already familiar with past ceremonies and presentations that's a good start.

Fawfulthegreat64

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to do one. I should be able to make the deadline, assuming it's when the presentations are going live. I've lurked in presentation ceremony threads before but don't believe I posted. Would a commentated video be acceptable? Not saying that's definitely what I'd do but I'd like to know if that's fine anyway. And then when it's done, I just post it in the thread at the correct time, right? With the full results spoilered?

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »
They're actually due August 4th to give us time to check them all over and not have to panic about whether one isn't done or not.  A commentated video is fine.  Basically what the process is once you're like "sure, absolutely, I want to do this" is:
*I'll send you a PM with the results, which will include some other information and pointers
*You work on the presentation between now and whenever you're complete with it, due by August 4th
*You send that presentation to both me and Turb
*We will check it over, plug it into our master script for the ceremony day, add some stuff to it, and eventually send you back a final copy in a quote for you to copy/paste at the time you are due to present.  If you are unable to present at that exact time, just let us know and we can post it on your behalf.

Fawfulthegreat64

• Top-Hatted Bean
  • Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
OK, yeah that's fine, I still want to do it :)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 05:42:00 PM »
We still have a few presentations left unclaimed with just a few days left before the ceremony!

Open Spots
C8. Favorite Retired 'Shroom Writer

also technically C15. Outstanding Community Achievement Award but we do have a current stand-in

Also be sure to keep working on your presentations if you've been given extensions!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:59:45 PM by Anton »

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2017, 04:14:02 AM »
aaand every presentation has been taken!  There's still people who have to turn them in so please keep working on those!!

See you Friday  :birdo:

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 03:27:48 AM »
#mwikiawards chat party logs

backup logs just in case

If you were wondering why there weren't too many comments in the ceremony threads this year, it's because #mwikiawards was hippity-hoppin' with most of the commentary and interactions!  Feel free to peruse these logs of the day.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »
11/08/2017 15:34:13<@Anton{Politoed}> also logs of this chat will be made available after everything is all done
11/08/2017 15:34:17<@Anton{Politoed}> so everyone can enjoy them forever
11/08/2017 15:34:17< Alex95> NOW POST
11/08/2017 15:34:21<@Anton{Politoed}> soon
11/08/2017 15:34:26< Alex95> Hi, future me!
11/08/2017 15:34:42<@Anton{Politoed}> hi!
11/08/2017 15:34:43< Lakituthequick> [Alex96]: hi me
11/08/2017 15:34:48< Luigi_64DD> Hi, future Alex95

Hi, past me!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 04:46:53 AM »

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 04:19:47 PM »
This is a tough question to ask given the nature of it and fumbly wording, but

Walkazo Donation

PrizeCost (In Tokens)Stored By
Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research StationAny (Free Action)Donors (Listed below)
The amount of your tokens spent on this will be converted into an equivalent monetary value to be donated.

What is the interest in doing that this year, too?  Last year we were able to get $1000 to donate, but that was a monumental task to accomplish and I simply can't ask people to keep that up.  If we were to do this again it would be much smaller to the point that I'm not sure if it's even worth it.  It's not just having people donate tokens, it's more funding the actual cash flow into it.  Personally I've already put about as much as I can to try to fill in empty spaces for these prizes so I can't really put any stock into this, but if other people want to support this and keep it going please let me know so I know to include it as an option or not.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 11:34:18 PM »
I believe all of the tournaments and assorted thingies going on this year have concluded.  With that, tokens are all being finalized and added into the token spreadsheet.  Only a few columns are left needing to be filled, and once those are in the clear and we check out that things are accurate we will begin prize distribution!  :luma: :luma: :luma:

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 12:10:18 AM »
If anyone has any questions regarding their Shroom tokens once they are made public, please PM me! I double checked every category but it's possible I may have missed something. If you somehow got less tokens than you should have, I will give you the missing tokens from mine.

The 2017-2018 cycle for Shroom tokens (which started on issue 125), will be presented in a special section next issue, so stay tuned for that!

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 11:58:50 PM »
Humble Bundle went and decided to have their summer sale after I already finished constructing the prize list.  Although the timing is unfortunate, it's only really going to affect my personal time and patience, so, if people want to take advantage of this and fluff up the prize list even more in the 11th hour before distribution starts, or even as it's on-going or to save for next year, please feel free!