Classic vs Modern, which is better in media (Movies, Music, Video games)?

What do you think is better?

• Classic (retro/vintage or even ancient)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Modern (current age)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Neither, I love them all equally.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Does it really matter whether it is classic or modern? I don't really care.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
We all have feelings of whether which era of media was good or bad, exciting and not so exciting.

So I thought I might make a poll called Classic vs Modern just to see what people prefer.

What do you think it is better, classic or modern?

Me personally, I like Classic. Those were the best days. Some modern stuff is good though.

I have a preference for modern, but my vote is that it doesn't matter, whichever era fits you better is the good one.

There's ample amounts of good things and complete shit in any era, really, so there isn't THAT much of a difference there. The tone changes as societal values and priorities shift, but the ratio stays roughly the same.

I am predisposed to believe that the quality of media was better in the past, but that's mainly just because I was a kid back then and everything felt new and exciting. Nowadays I have more experience and am thus harder to impress, which might result in a perceived lack of excitement about modern media.

I feel like the era doesn't matter so long as the piece is great.

i think part of why classic seems better sometime is that a lot of the complete trash was justifiably forgotten, while most of the good stuff survived anyway

as for me, i don't really care. i just look for it to be good, and whether it's super primitive gameboy or cutting edge playstation 4, if it's good that's what makes me like it

i only watch movies from 400BC or earlier

don't talk to me about your modern trash

ZPlLGl2.jpg

"classic" makes me think of the same queen and journey songs played ad infinitum, as well as people who exited in this community from 2007-2009 coming back every 3 months to talk about the 'good ol days' where they terrorized darkmyst staff and unabashedly enforced rules differently based on who they like

i'm gonna go with "modern" for literally only that reason and ignore all other contexts

im a radical 90s kid

the 90s were the best decade in human history

if you werent born in the 90s you dont exist

remember rugrats

i do because im from the 90s

I was born after the 90s was over. On Halloween of 2000 to be exact. I did grew up with some nineties stuff and some 80s stuff. I kinda had a thing for classic stuff and still do.

I'll have to say that games in the older days were better. People didn't got as much rushed garbage as they do now. Modern games these days defy Shigeru Miyamoto's statement of "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad".

games-now-and-then-burgers-original-game-expansion-pack-dlc-content.jpg

Maria Renard said:
I'll have to say that games in the older days were better. People didn't got as much rushed garbage as they do now.

230px-Cranky_Kong_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

Remember the good ol' days of PC being a garbage platform? Good times.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Remember the good ol' days of PC being a garbage platform? Good times.
The Amiga, Atari ST, X68000, and FM Towns had better colors than PC. PCs soon got EGA and VGA surpass those machines.

you know

i have no idea, im not really a movie person so ill let that go up with movie kings like nabber.

But for music and video games... ilike both really and cant really fault for one of the other. I come back to both of them really and typically find new experiences within both time frames, so its a hard decision for me.

Not a big music person either but i do find some enjoyment in older stuff.

Games though is something i might not be able to decide on too much, although i can guarantee if its nes or earlier i typically dont go back to them.

IDK about movies really, although I think the quality of movies have been more/less stable throughout the ears, but I do have an affinity for 80's and 90's video games and 70's and 80's music. I wouldn't say that current media is always trash, but maybe because I'm living in the present I'm experiencing said trash while I can just ignore all those media in the past.

ONLY 90's KIDS WILL REMEMBER.
thunderball_poster.jpg

I have a fondness for anything from late 90s/early-to-mid 2000s, but I also enjoy this decade as well.

Maria Renard said:
I'll have to say that games in the older days were better. People didn't got as much rushed garbage as they do now. Modern games these days defy Shigeru Miyamoto's statement of "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad".

games-now-and-then-burgers-original-game-expansion-pack-dlc-content.jpg
You mean back when the consumer had basically no way of knowing what game was good and what was bad

Back