My phone is infinitely restarting.

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
It started last night when I turned my screen on. It threw about five error message saying "Unfortunately x has stopped" which stacked on top of each other and I had to say "OK" on all of them. Once that was done, my phone reverted to the "Samsung" screen that displays when it is first booting up. From there, it just kept booting up and staying on for about a minute before rebooting again. I removed the battery for a while, then put the battery back in but didn't turn the phone back on until this morning. It did the same thing.

Note that removing the battery worked the last 2 times this happened. I think it might have something to do with my phone being full. But pretty much all I have on there is my music, which gets added to every so often and I don't want to lose any of it. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4. I don't have a home phone so I pretty much need this for anyone who needs to contact me. Any ideas?

http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

download this. its able to create a backup of your samsung device (plug it into your pc and turn it on)

if it really doesnt want to boot up at all you can try resetting the thing to factory settings (iirc press about all buttons on the device and keep them pressed) EDIT: AFTER BACKING UP YOUR DATA but that might not work either if it doesnt want to boot

tldr your device might be bricked. you cant really do anything if resetting the thing doesnt work and its not the battery. send it in for repairs.

sources: had to save a heavily virus infested samsung galaxy s3 from death once, backuped everything then did a factory reset, works fine now. granted, the device still booted it just barely worked after it did

I bought a new phone since the folks at the Verizon store couldn't do anything to fix it. I still have the old one though, so hopefully at some point I can transfer my music over, but it won't be easy since they said the phone has to be on (and stay on) to access the files and transfer them.

Fresh Bowser said:
I bought a new phone since the folks at the Verizon store couldn't do anything to fix it. I still have the old one though, so hopefully at some point I can transfer my music over, but it won't be easy since they said the phone has to be on (and stay on) to access the files and transfer them.

Yes it has to be on because it's a flash drive

Back