Ever played a game which you felt like ended early but kept going for no reason?

Like where a guy you face in the middle of the game poses a bigger threat and has a greater importance to the story than the main big baddie at the end? Imagine a game where Bowser is a boss at the start or middle and the real final boss is some generic bad guy who comes out of ducking nowhere.

It's happened to me before. I can't remember which game it was but I know that feeling.

I think Star Fox Adventures, according to my brother, was kinda like that.

tales of vesperia

just tales of vesperia

love the game with my over 800 hours of playtime but christ.

Zae Eildus said:
tales of vesperia

just tales of vesperia

oh man i know what you mean

i gave up on finishing it because they just kept extending the plot with things that frankly came out of nowhere and i just lost all my investment in the plot (which for me is one of the key factors that keeps me playing rpgs)

Actually, I have one. Definitely the original Mario. Once I go down the warp pipe in World 1-2 to the highest world, it feels like I completed the game. Also because I was bad at the game.

Aqua said:
Zae Eildus said:
tales of vesperia

just tales of vesperia

oh man i know what you mean

i gave up on finishing it because they just kept extending the plot with things that frankly came out of nowhere and i just lost all my investment in the plot (which for me is one of the key factors that keeps me playing rpgs)

its mainly like the last part of the game where you literally beat the main badguy and another one is introducted to replace him?

like i hate games that fucking do that, like tales of vesperia is one of my favorite games ever but sheesh that is such a turnoff.

My existence with Mario Kart is pretty much that. It's so infuriating, yet I always go back to it.

Mario Party, similar story.

Luigi's Mansion

It's my only gripe with the game. The mansion isn't really that big, and the Hidden Mansion is stupid and lazy. The replayability comes more from replaying to get better portraits and a bigger NEW mansion.

Metroid Zero Mission was sorta like that for me. It was an expanded remake of the original Metroid game which was literally short.

Maria Renard said:
Metroid Zero Mission was sorta like that for me. It was an expanded remake of the original Metroid game which was literally short.

well that was to add actual space pirates plus metroid zero mission is already short even with its expansion, metroid could be longer due to no map and the fact that the gam is way harder then zero mission.

I was supposed to start playing Lego Jurassic World yesterday, but I kept playing Mario Kart 8 to see how long it would take to unlock the Cat Cruiser.

Back