Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Remake/reimagining of Fire Emblem Gaiden. Coming to 3DS in May. Has free-roaming gameplay.

Will update with videos and stuff asap.

C2fD_g4UkAAQL4U.png

C2fEJU8VQAAGJop.jpg

i've gotta say this was really unexpected, i was vying for a remake of gaiden or something for switch but this looks bloody great

the amiibo seem unnecessary (but cool anyway) tho? We'll probably have them before corrin at this rate

tbh the most amazing part about this is they're still putting out a lot of stuff for 3ds this year, 6 years after its launch and also during the launch of the de facto successor system

Thread theme:

aaaaaaaaaa it's happening the hype has reached new heights

I loved gaiden and so I will love this

Rohan Kishibe said:
the amiibo
ngl I was hoping to wrap up my collection after roy and corrin but sure

I do agree with them maybe not being needed but hey I'll probably get these anyway, they look nice

SHIT I JUST REALISED

what if the echoes title refers to a new trend of nintendo remastering classic fire emblem games?

i would very much like Fire Emblem Echoes: Holy War Genealogy please nintendo

Rohan Kishibe said:
what if the echoes title refers to a new trend of nintendo remastering classic fire emblem games?

i would very much like Fire Emblem Echoes: Holy War Genealogy please nintendo
ooh yes the potential

if this starts happening I can see this resulting in an Ace Attorney Trilogy but for the gba emblems

amiibo are always necessary

can't wait for the 15+ amiibo for fire emblem warriors

What sucks about all this is that I was coming up with a "Fire Emblem Generations" story, but then Fire Emblem Warriors and Heroes showed up, so screw it.

Incredibly hyped for Echoes as I have had a hard time playing the original Gaiden. And I'm curious to see how amiibo will be implemented, plus just how many of the 500+ characters in the series are actually going to get one. And I really hope this spawns a sub-series for FE where they remake the 2D games (aka, those before Path of Radiance. Maybe we'll see an English release of Mystery of the Emblem as well). Please give me "Fire Emblem Echoes: Sword of Flames" (FE7)!

I was excited for Hyrule Warriors when it was first announced, but the game play quickly got stale and almost boring, so if I do pick up FE Warriors, I'll likely only play through it once. And I'll never be able to play Heroes because phone sucks :P

just when i thought there were no more games i wanted on 3ds, they announced this.
it looks really cool, tbh. i've never played gaiden, but the differences in gameplay from regular fire emblem look fun. especially excited for the free-roaming
probably the most surprising part is that its coming out so soon in the west, and only a month after japan, no less. although it does make me wonder why all the footage from the direct was from the japanese version when they should be more than ready to show english footage since it's releasing so soon, but oh well

What really surprised me was that, of all the characters, Alm and Celica would be the ones leading the Fire Emblem amiibo line. I'm sure everyone figured that, should that line happen, Marth or Ike or someone more familiar would lead it.

I love the way those amiibo look, though. Truly a perfect reimagining of an older group of characters.

https://serenesforest.net/2017/02/11/echoes-new-english-screenshots-music-samples/

buncha new updates on the game

having never played gaiden or heard much of what it contains all of this stuff is new and exciting to me (in particular, durability not existing but magic spells giving the user damage and negating terrain effects instead sounds like it's gonna be both a blessing and a curse to strategise around), but more to the point it seems like its really faithful to the original as well

those updated class sprites make me really want a fire emblem 7 remake holy shit
and that music unf

god why can't may be here already

Echoes is looking wonderful.
Was kinda disappointed with the fact Fates rehashed so much from Awakening and all the fanservice controversy surrounding it that I decided to just skip it altogether... Plus I was still getting enough enjoyment from Awakening

Echoes on the other hand looks something brand new for the series (even if it's a remake), plus the character design is wonderful. I'm so excited to play it aaaa

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/69240k/id_like_to_bring_your_attention_to_the_fact_that/

(this is new to me so bear with me)

The Season Pass for the DLC is $45 USD. That's more than the game itself costs. And going by the link, some of it uses maps from the main game. This is fucking insane.

stupid

unlike fates im probably just going to purchase the extra story pack and nothing else because in aus thats going to be like 60-70$ worth of extra crap if i buy the season pass, more if i dont.

honestly its disgusting

Rocket Raccoon said:
okay so far the music's fucking great
mmmmmm its so good

i love the different feel of this game, the closest i can equate the feeling to is playing ace attorney 6 after playing ace attorney 5. everything feels a lot more fluid and refined but also drenched in sepia filters. The only flaw I see is the crit animations are a bit of a letdown but eh

Characters are great, I love Kliff the most with that luck stat and general appearance, and Lukas voice is thicc

also another huge qol improvement is the full voice acting, its great

Man, I'm not sure I'd even love some characters as much as I do if they weren't fully voice acted

Mae and Forsyth are like, contendors for some of favourite characters in the series because their line readings have so much personality behind them. I love Forsyth's grandeur and Mae's boastfulness so much. Shoutout to Clair for being the right amount of pompous and Leon for being so flamboyant

Finished Act 2, and I enjoyed Celica's part more than alms in every way except the dungeons (although gargoyles were cool). Celica has the better magic, characters, etc. overall

Im actually enjoying the story a lot more than Fates', though the support convos are GBA Fire Emblem tier (i.e. Hi! Hi! We're battling enemies, but your hair looks nice. Bye! Bye!). The only two I've found remotely enjoyable are Clair pouring ether on Gray in their B level convo and Leon asking "what will I do with a bunch of women" in one of his C support convos (and also "youre not my type" to Kamui).

The NA LE box is massive. I wasn't expecting it to be that big. Haven't played the game yet, will probably do so in the next few days.

From the artbook, Celica's gang look a lot more interesting than Alm's gang, so I'm expecting to like the former more. The dry supports are a bit worrying though. I know some people didn't really like the goofier nature of some of the Awakening/Fates supports, but at least it made several of the characters more likable/less dry.

Yeah it's pretty huge here in Aus as well, thanks to that artbook. Havent looked through it yet because spoilers

Anyway huge open maps are fun and all but I kinda wish when Nintendo 'reimagined' gaiden they added a few more units to the maps + maybe reinforcements. I'm not sure if a 1:1 translation from the original game really works following the standard of modern games' maps. Loved the
ghost ship with the summoner though

Genny learning illusion on that map was perfect timing

I'm only a little bit into Act 2. Trying not to play too much since I'm going on a trip at the end of the week. Gonna need something to do. Myrmidon Gray is pretty awesome.

If this much effort went into a remake of a game I've never played before, I'm really excited at the potential for one I actually have played.

Back