my list of bad fandoms list your's too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon

funny
I have a list of bad fandoms right here in no particular order.

Undertale, FNAF, Minecraft, Homestuck, Anime, Fallout, Clash Royale, Bronies, Furries, Shippers, Deviantarters, LOL, Overwatch, and the COC fandom. That's a lot.

I sense this is not going anywhere , but since i can , i will say this

The Undertale, Brony, and Furry fandoms are great.

Is a a bigger lie than the ''cake'' itself.

Particulary because all the ''fandoms'' on the internet have their own group of entitled terrible people that are obnoxious to no end , which means none of them are truly ''great''.

I love Rosalina , but i can say her fanbase gives me the creeps same with Daisy's and other stuff from other media unrelated to Mario.

Btw , it just happens that lovers of anthropomorphic creatures are singled out to the bottom of the barrel for many reasons that , i don't think it's appropiate to mention . Kinda like the circle of life.

Well, any franchise that appeals to young people is bound to attract creeps and rude kids that don't belong on the internet. Like Swiftie said, there is no fandom with only great people in it. And when a fandom is evaluated, they only look at the worst aspects of it, so of course the fandoms with one awful member and 50 amazing ones are gonna be treated with less respect than the fandoms with 51 good members.

Like, I'm sure the FNAF, Brony and Undertale are home to some really talented people, but all the internet does is look at the cringey, disgusting aspects of it and treat the fandom as just that aspect.

The Pyro Guy said:
Well, any franchise that appeals to young people is bound to attract creeps and rude kids that don't belong on the internet. Like Swiftie said, there is no fandom with only great people in it. And when a fandom is evaluated, they only look at the worst aspects of it, so of course the fandoms with one awful member and 50 amazing ones are gonna be treated with less respect than the fandoms with 51 good members.

Like, I'm sure the FNAF, Brony and Undertale are home to some really talented people, but all the internet does is look at the cringey, disgusting aspects of it and treat the fandom as just that aspect.

Yeah, I've seem some Undertale animations, and I really like the ones made by AmazingArtistYellow. Sad thing is that his/her channel is dead.

im pretty pissed with the donald trump fandom

OmegaVenomous said:
Undertale, FNAF, Minecraft, Homestuck, Anime, Fallout, Clash Royale, Bronies, Furries, Shippers, Deviantarters, LOL, Overwatch, and the COC fandom. That's a lot.
So I understand almost all of these have a sizable hate base, but what the heck did Fallout ever do to anyone?

The Pyro Guy said:
Like Swiftie said, there is no fandom with only great people in it.

Lies, have you seen the Pink Donkey Kong Jr. fandom?

LeftyGreenMario said:
The Bible's.

I can see the flamewar on the horizon.

Honestly, I don't really hate any fanbase, because there's no more of a reason to hate a fanbase than to like it. Like many have said before, there's always an extremely obnoxious or toxic part of a fanbase. Likewise, there's also always a good part to a fanbase.

But if I was forced against my will to choose... Steven Universe. Undertale is basically Starmen.net compared to them.

TheCapeLuigi said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
The Bible's.

Honestly, I don't really hate any fanbase, because there's no more of a reason to hate a fanbase than to like it. Like many have said before, there's always an extremely obnoxious or toxic part of a fanbase. Likewise, there's also always a good part to a fanbase.

But if I was forced against my will to choose... Steven Universe. Undertale is basically Starmen.net compared to them.

True, Steven Universe has a bad one.

There's no such thing as a bad fandom. There's annoying fandoms like the Daisy fandom, but it's not bad. Just take Cirdec. He's part of the Daisy fandom, but he's not annoying like some other people are.

TheCapeLuigi said:
IDK, while bad apples in fandoms are really, really bad, none of them go through the lengths like the insane radical fundamentalists do.

LeftyGreenMario said:
TheCapeLuigi said:
IDK, while bad apples in fandoms are really, really bad, none of them go through the lengths like the insane radical fundamentalists do.

Every religion has it's own insane radical fundamentalists. It's the same thing as bad apples in fandoms. In fact, it's the same thing as a bad apple in any group in general. Nothing is completely good or bad; you can get close to being completely good, but there's always going to be at least one person who doesn't act the same way.

Heck, even athiesm, the void of religion, has it's own radicals. No group can be completely good or bad; it's absolutely impossible to achieve.

I still feel the horrible aspects of extreme followers make the other fandom antics feel very petty.

But anyhow, there's pretty much a correlation between how big a fandom is and how "bad" people perceive it as. Common sense, really, but nevertheless an interesting trend and good predictor. It's what I feared when Undertale became huge.

the reason fandoms are shown to be "bad" in the first place starts off when the bad are way more vocal and noticeable than the good, and then the trolls show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back