Shy Guy Fanart I Made

Lemon

funny
It was made in MS Paint and with a laptop mouse, don't judge me if it looks bad.

shy%2Bguy.png

OmegaVenomous said:
It was made in MS Paint and with a laptop mouse, don't judge me if it looks bad.

The entire reason my art thread exists is because I was using an actual mouse with MS Paint. Mousepads are far better, trust me.

Also, I recommend you use the line tool; that tends to give better results than drawing it by hand with the brush tool. And, if you can, I also suggest getting Paint.NET:

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

Paint.NET isn't a drawing program, though.

Also, I think ycom tablets are better for drawing once you get programs meant for drawing, like Krita or Painter.

What I meant by a drawing program is that it's specifically designed for people who want to draw and therefore, produce better artwork for around the same skill level. Paint.Net is mostly designed as a lightweight image editing program to replace the crappy MS Paint.

For example, Painter and Krita fix your shaky lines when drawn in, to make your artwork look very smooth and therefore more pleasant. Paint.net doesn't support it. Illustrator supports vector art, and the lines it draws is better for your pen-tool line-art than Paint.Net.

Baby Luigi said:
What I meant by a drawing program is that it's specifically designed for people who want to draw and therefore, produce better artwork for around the same skill level. Paint.Net is mostly designed as a lightweight image editing program to replace the crappy MS Paint.

For example, Painter and Krita fix your shaky lines when drawn in, to make your artwork look very smooth and therefore more pleasant. Paint.net doesn't support it. Illustrator supports vector art, and the lines it draws is better for your pen-tool line-art than Paint.Net.

I use paint.net for all of my artworks. The line tool is very fluent and it lets me create any line I want at any angle. That among a handful of other reasons (and that it's free), is why I use it.

Anyway @OP, your drawing actually isn't too bad

Baby Luigi said:

tbf paint.net is pretty easy to use; many other drawing programs often have pretty complicated ways to use them. that coupled with the fact that it offers a pretty substantial amount of tools for free makes it a pretty good drawing program to use imo. i use it for all of my artwork and it's pretty satisfactory for me

anyhow this is straying off topic so _

not bad art

Good art, OV. I like your outlining in particular; keep working on it.

Meta Knight said:
I use paint.net for all of my artworks. The line tool is very fluent and it lets me create any line I want at any angle.

Well, if you're manually placing a line and adjusting four points that isn't really drawing, is it? I appreciate that drawing with a mouse is difficult, but I believe one tool in Krita vastly reduces shaky lines and makes it a smooth line.

TBH once I started with Krita, paint.NET just became an editing thing and I never use it for drawing anymore. My opinion might be swayed by the lack of compatability it has for drawing pads, but even without a drawing pad Krita is vastly superior in many aspects, and free.

The Pyro Guy said:
Well, if you're manually placing a line and adjusting four points that isn't really drawing, is it?

It's mostly just semantics at this point.

TheCapeLuigi said:
The Pyro Guy said:
Krita is vastly superior in many aspects, and free.

Isn't Paint.NET free too, though?
Yeah, but there are loads more free programs out there that are much better than .NET.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the support. Good news, got myself a new laptop, and it has a removable screen and it is also a touchscreen, so I better make sure to get a computer pencil or something. YAAAAAYYY

Back