2016 in review.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
Since 2016 is coming to an end very soon, I thought it'd be nice to make a thread where we talk about the things that happened during this year.

Personal Achievements:
*I upgraded my graphics card from a Radeon HD 5450 to a Radeon R7 240.
*I upgraded my PC to the Windows 10 Fall Update from Windows 7.
*I passed the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test.
*I finally started programming in Turing.

Worst things that happened:
*Losing David Bowie.
*Losing Walkazo.
*Losing Prince.
*Losing Muhammad Ali Clay.
*Losing Christina Grimmie.
*Losing my one year old nephew.

*Bold denotes personal things.

In the end 2016, was an awful year due to the losses of so many people that are legendary.

All these deaths, the lousy warm winter, the constant shitty heat from June to August that would sometimes make come-backs until mid November, my worst Halloween ever, my recent foot pain that lasted for nearly a month by now, political stuff, and hearing something that annoyed me for a long time far more often caused this to be a crappy year. Now we only have 2 weeks, good riddance. I hope for 2017 to be a good year.

Good:
*I got to see both my sister and my grandmother again.
*I made an account on this forum.
*I rejoined the wiki, and helped with editing.
*I got a bunch of games, as well as two new "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" books.
*Having a hilarious birthday party with 3 of my real life friends. I honestly thought I was going to pass out because of laughing so hard during it.
*The road to my driver's licence is going better and better. At this rate, I'll get it in February or March.

Bad:
*Trump got elected
*The many deaths of this year, including my grandfather's cat who liked spending time with me since 2002 every time I came for a visit.
*My little brother getting a concussion and being sent to the hospital. He's fine at the moment, though.
*Web server programming in school is sh*t. I think it's even worse than religion or history, though its even with entrepreneurship.
*My European Wii stopped being able to read the game discs, though I hope to get it fixed asap.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Trump being elected as the worst thing to happen. I am very offended by him as a Muslim.

Good:
Colin said:
I graduated high school.
Colin said:
I didn't completely crash and burn on my first uni period.
Colin said:
Had my last Deutscheprüfung for A2.1. Did pretty good I'd say.
*Turns out swimming is pretty cool.

Bad:
*I still have pretty low self-esteem and am bummed out about a lot of stuff.

serious post, some things that will stay with me from this year:

-graduated from high school
-started working for the first time ever
-walkazo and a guy from a minecraft server i go on who died this year as well. may they rest in peace.
-witnessed the stupidity of mankind on many different levels
-some of my close irl friends went through some shit i wont disclose here but its been getting us all down
-went on a rollercoaster of feelings with animes, mangas and games i went through this year, worse than in every other year before, some of the stuff is still fucking me lol.
-ive been pushing myself since late 2015 and i feel like ive gotten a lot more productive and confident in myself. I'm still afraid of failing but not as much as before.
-had a good time again with people from this community, thats counts for every year since 2012 basically though (which really was the first year ive been active outside the wiki)

-oh yeah im also full on stuck in the school idol hell now i might need help soon so if you read this and know how to end my suffering then do it plz thx

+Kakapo population has had its best rebounding year on record
+Mario Sports Superstars was announced
+Mario Party: Star Rush came out

-The first year I cut myself
-Walkazo dying
-A crap ton of people dying
-Trump getting elected
-Brexit
-RVLution dying

Might be more +++ to this but my god is this year horrible

+guitar lessons
+doing stuff with my mates
+the world not ending
+even more beautiful now
+longer hair :0
+met some good people
+in a band
+good anime watched
+good music listened to

-one of my friends dying
-literally all of that fucking violence i keep hearing about in america
-walkazo dying
-felt fucking horrible for most of the year because yay depressed patrick

+started high school
+made many new friends irl
+had my first big musical role and it went smoothly
+mom got remarried
+joined a bunch of new fandoms (among them, touhou hell)
+witnessed history with the cubs winning

-had a semi-fallout with my best friend
-went through many issues with someone I liked from school
-sort of became more insecure
-walkazo and a part of the community dying
-trump 2k16

despite all the negatives, it was still a good year for me

We all can agree unanimously that this year was a terrible year for all of the losses that happened. We've lost so many legends and some young people. Walkazo is included too. It turned out that this year was the worst year in the MarioWiki, MarioBoards, and Mario fanfiction communities due to the tragic death of Walkazo. It's like we've been hit hard in the head. But we've dealt with it.

+Cousin had the first baby out of the cousins
+Other cousin had the first wedding out of the cousins
+Released two games: Casey Powell Lacrosse 16 and Don Bradman Cricket 17
+ Discovered Black Mirror
+ Boyfraaann
+ Zero Time Dilemma
+ Overwatch
+ Met SKMarioMan
+ Pokémon Go
+ Pokémon Sun and Moon
+ Applied to JET
+ Bought a car
+ Joined Gym
+ Bulldogs winning AFL after 60 years (not even a supporter but I thought it was great)

- Walkazo, David Bowie, and Alan Rickman passing away
- Sister's sickness
- Fights with loved ones
- Anxieties coming back
- Constantly cold, thank fuck it's summer again now
- Liberals getting elected
- Trump getting elected

+Most successful Kakapo breeding year
+Cubs won a world series since whatever
+That Austria DIDN'T elect a far-right nationalist *bleep*head.
+FTC will crack down on homeopathy
+I can drive.
+Modding Smash 4 for the first time

-Walkazo
-Cutting myself
-Hottest year on record
-Donald Trump (screw him; he's filling the goddang swamp with cesspool)
-Passing of the 21st Century Cures Act.
-All these celebrity deaths. WTF!?
-Brexit
-Hottest year on record

I don't expect 2017 to be much better thanks to global warming and Donald Effing Trumpstick in office.

I consider 2016 something of a personal victory for me. I'm back in school for an actual career, I started making YouTube videos, I became honest about my depression, I got treatment for my ADD, and I was able to physically stop myself from attempting suicide.

But it wasn't all peaches and cream this year, as you may already know.

-I failed my first course, so I'll have to retake it instead of graduating at the normal date

-Popular music was god awful

-This dumb bitch totaled my car and didn't even have any insurance

-The election, but I had zero expectations anyway so whatever

-Fucking Easter, man. I started that day fairly happy (even if I don't like Easter). My dog was getting better after eating a ton of chocolate the previous Thursday. We had my grandparents over, it was a nice dinner. After we ate, my grandma on my dad's side gets a call from one of her sisters that their mother died. She was 96 and the last of my great-grandparents. My dad was almost crying and he drove his mom home (or wherever they needed to go) shortly after. It was sad, but she was getting on in years and it's better than how my mom's grandma (on her mother's side) went, so I collected myself and went on Mario Boards. And you all know where this goes next. What the fuck? Two completely unrelated deaths on the exact same day. It seemed so cartoonishly over the top tear-jerking, I nearly started laughing. I swear, the very first song that came on the radio after we found out about my dad's grandma (and presumably the time of Walkazo's death as well) was "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye", and the song I was listening to when I found out about Walkazo's car crash was "Cars". You can't make this shit up, but I didn't even believe it at the time. I thought maybe it was an elaborate April Fool's prank or a bad dream.

What are my thoughts for 2017? Well I don't know. Hopefully, YouTube keeps working out for me, as does this medication I'm currently on. I'll be done with Specs Howard next year, but I don't exactly know where I'm gonna go from there. Also my sister might be going away to college, so that will be sad seeing her leave.

For the Mario Wiki and Mario Boards, this is the worst year in this community's history so far. This is obviously due to the loss of Walkazo. This is eloquently said. I hope next year won't be so bad.

I don't really want to get into details but this year has been pretty shitty for me. There have been good things about it, but the negative exponentially outweighs that for me.

+ became a regular member of the love live community and um's discord, both of which give me much more to do with my free time
+ moved to a new house and it's pretty nice
+ calmed down, i've been pretty easygoing for the entire year
+ did consistently well in school
+ the daily thread has been going nice even though it's only at about 150
+ this place still manages to entertain me after three years

- way too much death, most notably walkazo
- a lot of the users here either left for personal reasons or flat out disappeared for seemingly no reason
- trump
- i was too lazy this year, most notably with my awards comic which was really meh looking back at it
- trump deserves a second mention
- i'm still horribly antisocial, i'd argue it's gotten even worse

i feel like this year got better than last year on a personal level but some crazy shit has happened in the world around me. there's nothing i can do about it unfortunately, so i just hope 2017 isn't garbage.

2016 was honestly mediocre. It didn't totally suck because there were some good parts to it, but it wasn't the best either.

+Fininshed 9th grade with straight A's
+Went to Maine a lot this summer
+14th birthday
+This bowling season so far
+Found a bunch of YouTubers I actually like

Yeah that's pretty much it about what I enjoyed about this year.

-Walkazo
-Stomach problems galore
-Biology grades
-Having to get braces next month
-Having 4 teeth out last month, which still haven't come back yet so my mouth is totally screwy
-Politics
-All the sickness between me and people I know
-Both of my parents needing surgery
-Getting attacked by my former best friend
-Still being stuck at this god-awful house

Not going to say anymore about the election because while I definitely don't like Hillary, I don't like Trump either so it was really a no-win situation.

I don't want to even remember anything that's happened is god-awful fucking year.

This Thread is just filled with sorrow...
HoHoHonoka Kosaka said:
i feel like this year got better than last year on a personal level but some crazy shit has happened in the world around me.
I feel the exactly the same way by far. But how can I be happy if those around me and care about aren't?

+ Got a job
+ Got hella money (most of it is being borrowed at the moment but that still leaves me with 7k to use so it's okay, weddings are expensive)
+ Had a good time
+ it rained a good amount
+ played some good weeb games
- dog died
+ other dog still kickin
+ fixed my sleep schedule
- ruined my sleep schedule
+ chillin
+ -+---+++00++-0

+This biggest thing is how much I've come out of my shell socially. Most of my friends graduated in the Spring and I wasn't sure what school was gonna be like. However, so many wonderful new friends have come into my life and have made senior year enjoyable. I finally did things I never did before, like going to Homecoming.
+Have been admitted to at least one college
+Cubs finally won the World Series. I know my Grandpa would have loved to see that.
+Had so much fun with the theatre production at school this year
+My theatre class went to a local competition and we did a great job and had so much fun.
+An incredible, nearly four hour Bruce Springsteen concert
+Completed a living dex and reignited my love for Pokemon
+Turned 18. That's fun.

-Lost my Great Grandmother
-Walkazo
-Alan Rickman, David Bowie, Prince, Gene Wilder, Andrew Sachs, Kenny Baker
-Donald Trump elected
-That awful HB2 nonsense in North Carolina.
-Wisdom Teeth (in pain as I'm typing this).
-Lot of my friends graduated. Still keep up though!
-Little bit of trouble and drama with a girl. We've worked things out and are friends now.

+Hit one year of relationship-ing with Marie. Still going strong.
+I've managed to come out of my shell more in some ways, and balance myself out.
+I've now had my dog for a year.
+Won an 100% Orange Juice game after two years!
+Told my mom I want a tattoo, and she wants one, too! When I turn 18, we're going to a tattoo parlour to get inked together, which will be nice.
+My math mark is out of the failing range, I bumped it up by eight percent in two weeks.
+I can code! I programmed Pong myself and I'm really proud of it. I'm also slowly teaching myself JavaScript as I code my own bot.
+Hit three whole years on this site and one year on School Idol Festival. Time flies.

+/- My mental health is going both up and down.

-While I managed to come out of my shell in some ways, I'm still socially anxious and tend to avoid people.
-Parents don't believe me when I say I'm trans. sigh
-Death. Lots of it. I won't get over that.
-Wisdom teeth, but at least those healed relatively faster than expected.
-Wasn't able to fulfill my duties as part of the Poll Committee and Awards Committee due to mental health. I still feel really bad about all of it, even though any longer and I would have probably not been very stable.
-Politics.

I won't go into tedious details, but this year has been the best I've ever had. Everything was new and exciting.

Back