Admin Noticeboard Message

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Some time ago, I tried sending out a message using the email to the admins link. However, the message did not go through, leaving the vandal to his "fun" for longer than I anticipated.

So, my question is: is there something wrong with the message system? Have other users tried this and failed? Or was it just a one time fluke on my end and should I send out a test message?

Odd, for me the "email user" function has always worked as it should. I've just tried to send a few test emails to the staff account, and they've all come through. I also tried the reverse (logging into the staff wiki account, and sending an email to myself), and I still receive it.

Try to send a couple more test emails maybe? So we can see whether it was a one time fluke.

Sent the message, then checked my inbox to see if it went through; last time it gave me the "Message failed to send" email. ...Sent it to me again. Here's the full email for details:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

mwikisysops@gmail.com
host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [redacted]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of yahoo.com domain if
550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the
550 5.7.1 DMARC initiative. u14si3547711ywf.288 - gsmtp
Forwarded Message: Super Mario Wiki email from user "Alex95"

Super Mario Wiki email from user "Alex95"
Saturday, December 17, 2016 3:27 PM

"Alex95" <[redacted]>
To:
"MarioWiki Admins" <mwikisysops@gmail.com>

Test message.

--
This e-mail was sent by Alex95 to MarioWiki Admins by the "E-mail user" function on the Super Mario Wiki.

I think the problem could be that User:MarioWiki Admins isn't a true legitimate user?

I did receive Shokora's email, though.

Oh, I see the issue. When you send an email using the email user function, the email is sent from our server but is made to look like it's being sent from the sender's email address. Yahoo no longer allows this, so Gmail is rejecting the email in accordance with Yahoo's policy.

I've made a change, and the email user function should now work in all cases.

That appears to have been the issue, thanks! Not to sound disbelieving, but I've sent another test message to see if I get a "return to sender" message. I have not! ;D Now there's just the case of you receiving said message.

Back