Author Topic: Super Fighting Robot  (Read 951 times)

SeproDep

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.
  • King Bowser
  • Jigglypurin
  • My cursor has blood on it.
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
Super Fighting Robot
« on: December 14, 2016, 08:44:38 PM »
A sprite comic based off the original 3 MegaMan games and Dr. Wily's Revenge!
Spoiler: Comic 3: Gutslessman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:14:11 PM by SuperDoom »
I'm a 14-year-old gamer who used to be inactive.
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

SeproDep

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses a dual-layer disc due to the size of the game data. Nintendo of America has stated that some Wii consoles may have difficulty reading the high-density software due to a contaminated laser lens.
  • King Bowser
  • Jigglypurin
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
Bump.
I don't like bumping here.
But I want people to bask in this sprite comic's glory.
What's your opinion on it?
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
Re: Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 12:50:13 AM »
Apologies for the bluntness, but it's really not that funny. The jokes fall a little flat or, in the boss fight's case, rushed and I don't feel you used the stage to its full potential. Maybe if you provided more screens of the stage, perhaps make a joke based on common reactions to the segment of the stage, stretched out the comic a bit, then it might work out a bit better.

The edited sprites and placements thereof are good, though.

SeproDep

• King Bowser
  • Jigglypurin
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
Re: Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 11:09:12 PM »
Apologies for the bluntness, but it's really not that funny. The jokes fall a little flat or, in the boss fight's case, rushed and I don't feel you used the stage to its full potential. Maybe if you provided more screens of the stage, perhaps make a joke based on common reactions to the segment of the stage, stretched out the comic a bit, then it might work out a bit better.

The edited sprites and placements thereof are good, though.
I'm fine with this. I typically do these in under 30 minutes, anyway.
Also, yes, Gutsman Stupidity was rushed. It, and Revenge, But Why?, were put out there without too much effort just to keep fans interested (if there are any). If a delay is longer than 3 weeks, expect it. (Except for the next comic, which telling  you what it is would be a spoiler.)

SeproDep

• King Bowser
  • Jigglypurin
    • View Profile
    • Super Fighting Robot!
oh geez
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 06:56:21 PM »
Oh...oh dear. This quality...is unacceptable.

And that's why I started over from scratch. Brand new series, same concept, higher quality, more hiatuses.
megaboy.smackjeeves.com