Create Special Items for newer racers

GmanSir

2 Dimensional
Remember Double Dash's Special Items? Try to come up with Special Items for racers that appeared after Double Dash, like :rosalina: and :shy:.

If you want, you can turn existing items into Special Items, like how they turned the Triple Shells turned into the Koopas' Specials.

Hard Mode: Invent Specials with partners in mind. For example, one special for both Baby Peach and Baby Daisy.

Pink Gold Peach & Cat Peach: PJSalt

I dunno...
A leaf for tanooki mario and somehow a bell cat peach ( if it can actually be sorted in a mario kart)

Metal Mario would get a Metal Box. This turns the kart metal and makes it invulnerable to getting knocked around and it heavily knocks aside anyone it collides with.

Lakitu's special item would be a Spiny that he throws onto the track. It would walk around on its own until someone ran into it.

Me, Lakitu would get a Cloud. He throws it on other racers. It can be either the Thundercloud or something entirely new: cast a thick fog around the racer, hindering visibility.

If Honey queen comes back, a sort of honey puddle slowing movement down. Pretty much like grass

I thought that given Rosalina and Luma's spinning abilities, their special item should be a Tornado. The tornado will be able to be shot to the front or the back, and anybody caught will be flung into the air like a Bob-omb/Blue Shell. In terms of width, perhaps it could be a bit wider than the Green Shell, and follows the track for a short time.

If King Boo were to return, then it should definitely get the Boo item, which is the same as before: steals items from other racers and gives the user invisibility. Petey Piranha would then have the Potted Piranha Plant item, this time able to be placed at the back to block racers, and increasing the forward boost.

Thanks for reading.

I think Rosalina would have that "gravity pull" from Smash Bros., where she brings in a nearby item and is able to use it. Similar to Peach and Daisy's Heart Shield, but with a wider range and a button press to activate.

The Koopalings will all have a wand which will use their respective abilities from the Mario Bros. games they're in. Larry would shoot a regular blast, Morton would create a shockwave similar to the horn, Wendy would shoot out large rings forward and backward, Iggy will cause lava to rise up around him creating a sort of shield as well, Roy will jump up and come down like a Thwomp, Lemmy will shoot out large balls that act like rubber green shells, and Ludwig will shoot out fire balls that can be fired like the Fire Flower but slower.

King Boo would have the Boo item like winstein said. That needs to return. And I'll agree with LeftyGreenMario on Metal Mario's Metal Box, though I'll give that to Pink Gold Peach as well.

Link will actually use his Master Sword and use the Spin Attack.

I don't have any ideas right now about new special items, but I do have for regular items:

Triple Fake Item Box

Giant Fake Item Box, which splits into three regular sized ones upon being crashed into.

I just had an idea where, rather than having a special item, characters could have special abilities. To be able to use this ability, you'd have to fill up a meter, though how I don't know.

An example of one would be:
Wiggler's Rage Mode
For a short spell, if Wiggler gets hit by any item, its speed will increase dramatically.

This idea could also be used with the Gravitational Pull of Rosalina or the Metal Box of Metal Mario

I imagine the Metal Box would make Metal Mario's kart solid metal as well.

A few other ability ideas, while I'm here:

Bowser's Bowser Time
For a while, any shell Bowser throws will instantly become a Bowser Shell

Pink Gold Peach's Gold Rush
Pink Gold Peach turns every other racers' items into coins.

I want a Mario Kart where you can affix weapons to your kart a la Super Duel in Mario Party 5.

Borp said:
I want a Mario Kart where you can affix weapons to your kart a la Super Duel in Mario Party 5.

lol, I made an old thread all about this idea (which I can't find because the search function sucks balls) except my point of comparison was Full Auto 2.

Baby Rosalina: lights the storybook from mario galaxy on fire and uses it like the Fire Flower item

(this is a shitpost but i actually really like the spiny item for lakitu and the wands for the koopalings and really theyre the only ideas i had)

Glowsquid said:
lol, I made an old thread all about this idea (which I can't find because the search function sucks balls) except my point of comparison was Full Auto 2.

Why is there no "Show threads" button on people's profiles?

There is. Go to their account, press Profile Info, then Show Posts, then Topics

I always had the idea of like an Ice Shell that gets thrown and if someone gets hit, they freeze for a few seconds. It would be similar to how Freezies worked in Double Dash. Not sure who would have it.

If Spike was ever in the game, I figured he get a Spiked Ball that gets thrown and rolls pretty much like Shells. Nothing special.

dry bones could have a bone shell that splits into 3 smaller shells once it hits an object or racer

Or basically the spike ball is invincible and doesn't break on a racer's contact. (Reply to yoshigo99)

Back