Strangest wikis you've come across

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
We all know what a wiki is for: To provide accurate information about the given subject (usually). They're meant to help people and monkeys alike understand the subject and learn new things about stuff they thought they knew everything about.

But then there are those wikis. Ones that don't provide any information other than simply being a fanbase. Or maybe they do provide information, but they go out of their way and the whole thing is just a mess or... really strange. This one I found called "We Are Daisy" is a wikia entirely about Princess Daisy, pretty much to the point of fan-worship. Not saying the set-up is bad, just something I didn't expect to run into and strange. It's just...wow.

Any other random/cringy/why-did-they-make-this wikis out there you've come across?

Alex95 said:
This one I found called "We Are Daisy" is a wikia entirely about Princess Daisy, pretty much to the point of fan-worship. Not saying the set-up is bad, just something I didn't expect to run into and strange. It's just...wow.

This wiki is started by a Daisy nutcase anyway so blah

I came across that while image searching the manga pictures I've found in Supper Mario Broth. They did have some images in there and it strangely had the best results for those images compared to other results, which were just Amazon pages for the manga and our own Marioboards link discussing about the manga.

But hell, I still want that Mario Party 4 manga.

userpedia is pretty weird, did you know there was a guy who was going to make a dating sim with mariowiki users on there?? he never did though haha

http://cutemariobro.wikia.com/wiki/Cute_Mario_Bros_Wiki

THIS WIKI! http://villains.wikia.com/ It's so annoying I even spotted a non-villain on that wiki.

I think the Villains Wikia is strange, because if a character does something remotely bad, they are already considered a "villain". For example, Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) was at one point branded as a villain, not that I disagree with this since in some ways he is. Here's an archive page: https://web.archive.org/web/20151017204703/http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Calvin_(Calvin_%26_Hobbes)

Another odd wiki is the wiki about Nintendo games that didn't exist, but are wanted by fans. I am talking about Fantendo.

I hope I don't insult some people here, but I thought that the strangest wiki I came across is Userpedia, which is predominantly filled with Mariowiki regulars. I thought it has more than that, but I wonder what the history is behind its creation.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I hope I don't insult some people here, but I thought that the strangest wiki I came across is Userpedia, which is predominantly filled with Mariowiki regulars. I thought it has more than that, but I wonder what the history is behind its creation.

Thanks for reading.
I can answer that!

Once, way back in 2007, people started making sprite comics that involved wiki users as characters doing things. Wayoshi (one of the crats at the time) got mad and laid down some strict rules on userspace, so people made Userpedia as a place to put the comics and make other stuff related to that. Then it died a couple times due to site failures and now it's more of a historical archive.

Magnolia Arch said:
winstein said:

Thanks for reading.
I can answer that!

Once, way back in 2007, people started making sprite comics that involved wiki users as characters doing things. Wayoshi (one of the crats at the time) got mad and laid down some strict rules on userspace, so people made Userpedia as a place to put the comics and make other stuff related to that. Then it died a couple times due to site failures and now it's more of a historical archive.

That's interesting! I wondered if the trend of sprite comics winded down when the site experienced failures, since that is what I understood from it.

Thanks for reading.

i still make sprite comics ;) ;) ;)

Back