Splatoon 2

GBA

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Towards the very end of the Nintendo Switch trailer, a Splatoon sequel (Splat2n?) is teased, as the spawn animations are entirely new and most importantly, new Inkling hairstyles are confirmed!

Freshest shooter stays fresh, hopefully it's a launch title and not launch """""window"""""

Will add images later.

also eSports confirmed

YflAKNu.png

dOXcRm3.png

ywZMIy5.png

mNGuHTE.png

as you can see the game can now be played portably, with up to 8 other players, and it comes with a free stadium of enthusiastic CGI people

I feel like this and Mario Kart are more likely enhanced ports than all-new games. They are graphically very similar to their Wii U counterparts.

Well, now I can Switch between being a kid or a squid on the go now.

Also, I'm betting on it being an enhanced port as well, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm hoping it's not an enhanced port either, but disregarding the already new customisations, weapons, clothes, stages etc. that differ the game from its predecessor already, where could they go from the base game aside from (the incredibly broad suggestions I've given below):

- New single player modes (expand the story mode, """free paint mode"""?)
- New multiplayer modes
- removing spike, that pos

Few months before the reveal video was released, the Splatoon subreddit were begging for hairstyles, and pants.
Their wishes were granted.

All we need are playable Octolings.

i just noticed, and this might seem kind of dumb but

is that pink inkling on the far left holding the splatoon equivalent of a fucking shotgun

Now I want a double-barreled ink gun. :(

I'm looking forward to this if this means I can actually play with my sister without having to experience a major dip in my budget.

jesus christ though like

dualies
all new specials
hairstyles
splatdabbing
this being an actual sequel and not a port

shame about online being paid :^(

Local play sounds gr8, but I need to know my options first. I don't think it's asking too much for local co-op, is it?

i think the switch having connectivity with 8 other switches means it might be possible for local play with multiple carts

and they removed the always on HUD that shows the map on the screen and made quick jumps loggable to buttons like most people suggested

so the possibility for splitscreen is there if they program an AI to fill in the other players or make it 8 joycon compatible

also marie won the final splatfest and now callie is MIA

NotLikeThis

honestly kind of disappointed that this is a sequel and not a straight upgrade, splatoon 1 is way too young to be replaced, although i always knew my dream of splatoon just receiving content updates forever and staying alive for 10 years and never needing to switch to a sequel like a pc game was never going to happen... they didn't need to cut all the old weapons though. smash keeps 90% of it's characters between games so idk why splatoon couldn't keep it's weapons. i mean i'm not going to say it's going to be a bad game but that's going to leave a bad taste in my mouth no matter how much better it is than the original. although not as bad a taste as needing to a pay a subscription to play it

other than that this does look fuckin wicked, one thing splatoon was kind of lacking, despite it's really fun and unique movement in general, was movement abilities. just from the trailer it looks like we have some kind of sideways dodge and of course the jetpack. slightly disappointed we haven't seen an explosive jump of some kind but at this point i guess it's entirely possible that it's still to come. hopefully we get just as drastic improvements to some of the features besides the core gameplay, since they were where the only major problems were in the game(mostly the ranking system and rolling for gear abilities)

i know this post has already been fairly negative and overall i'm pretty optimistic about this turning out to be a really great game considering what a good job the splatoon devs did all the way through the game's unfortunately fairly short life(the fact that a nintendo game got actually well thought out balance patches with change logs is still kind of amazing to me, smash devs please take note), but i do have one more complaint...

4l7FUt2.jpg

get the gimmick wires off the best map!!!

i actually dont know, have the press releases confirmed this game will ditch most of the old weapons and subs? because that would really suck if true

i am really looking forward to the dev support for this game because unlike with splatoon 1 we're gonna hopefully have a lot more console life to get updates with

But please no global competitive mode lock like last time

i thought they said all the specials would be new, which means even if we get weapons with the same names and subs they're not really going to be the same thing. the jr wouldn't be the jr without bubbler and the eliter wouldnt be the eliter without echolocator, although i may have misinterpreted that considering there's something that looks a lot like bomb rush in the trailer

also watching it again the roll move seems to go in every direction, idk why i thought it was only sideways

Eh, I don't mind changing up the subs and specials for specific weapons that much. Of course, I kind of underused subweapons in the first game... Another thing I'm excited about is the Story mode. Marie's appearance and the fact that they're keeping details under wraps is hopefully an indication that it will be good and perhaps more cinematic. I'm curious about what they're doing with the Ranked battle modes (Rainmaker, Tower Control, etc.) since they have not made an appearance yet.

The fact that Splatoon 2 is set two years after the events of Splatoon's single player campaign. We're getting somewhere with Callie (and Cuttlefish) not appearing in the trailer.

Punished Marie

GAME DETAILS
Ink-splatting action is back and fresher than ever

Get hyped for the sequel to the hit game about splatting ink and claiming turf, as the squid-like Inklings return in a colorful and chaotic 4 vs. 4 action shooter. For the first time, take Turf War battles on-the-go via local multiplayer in portable play styles. You can also compete in frenetic online matches like before. Two years have passed since the release of Splatoon, and two years have also passed in the game world, leading to an evolution in fashion trends and new styles of weapons and gear. Staying fresh never looked so good.

Features:

New weapons – New dual-wielding Splat Dualies join the action, complete with a new Dodge Roll move. Mainstays like the Splat Roller and Splat Charger have also been remixed to include new gameplay mechanics and brand-new special weapons.

Local and Online Multiplayer – In a first for the series, compete in local multiplayer Turf War battles, whether in TV mode or on-the-go in handheld or tabletop modes. Online battles also make a return.

New ways to play – Play using the Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, both of which allow for gyro controls for better aiming and control.

New Trends – Two years have passed since the release of Splatoon in real life, and two years have also passed in the game world. Some familiar characters return under different circumstances, and new characters are introduced as well.

Fresh Updates - Similar to Splatoon for Wii U, updates will roll out post-launch, adding new content.

Smart Device Support – An upcoming smart-phone application for the Nintendo Switch system will enhance matchmaking and allow for voice chat options.

Turf War – Iconic 4 vs. 4 Turf War battles return. The goal is to splat ink on as much territory as possible, while strategically submerging yourself in your team's colors and blasting your enemies.

welp local confirmed so thats a huge plus
to what extent is not elaborated on

also "remixed" weapons
im not sure what the treehouse footage showed but rip inkzooka

Local is great, but what are the options? Any local co-op?

Back