Okay, I'm freaking out.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Me and my bro were playing Mario Party 6 the other day and I swear I played the mini-game Chain Chomp Fever, which is a mini-game from Mario Party 4. I have not played 4 in years, I don't even own it! But I remember playing that mini-game recently in 6, even though it's not in the List of Mario Party 6 minigames. I played against Daisy in a dual, which is even odder considering it's a 4-player Battle mini-game in MP4!

I am legit confused right now...

You have some fucked up bootleg copy or your memory is failing you epically.

I think the latter is more likely. Human memory can be spectacularly sloppy.

Throw Me a Bone isn't a duel minigame, though. But again, neither is Chain Chomp Fever. The weirdest thing is that there aren't any Chain Chomps in duel minigames whatsoever nor are there any rocky or lava-themed ones (which Chain Chomp Fever is themed as), so that's really weird. I still think your memory was just really bad.

idk i think he could misnamed the game he played too. throw me a bone is i think the only mario party 6 minigame with chain chomps as a central focus

It was not Throw Me a Bone. I remember playing that one as well. And my memory is perfectly fine, it's actually above normal (I had that tested. Go autism!). I vividly remember playing Chain Chomp Fever recently in Mario Party 6. And this isn't a bootleg either. I just went through my mini-game list before posting this topic (apparently, I'm missing two Bowser Mini-games :P) and everything seems "normal." Chain Chomp Fever is nowhere in sight. Throw Me a Bone is the only Chain Chomp mini-game and Burnstile is the only lava-themed one, but I'm not confusing those together either. I legit remember playing this game not even five days ago.

Thing is, this is actually a normal occurrence for me. It's like life just went "Know what? This wasn't right, let's fix it." but I'm the only one who remembers the change. I don't expect anyone to understand that, but that happens to me pretty much on a yearly basis.

I guess I'm not expecting anyone to help solve this "problem." Just felt like...doing whatever I'm doing here.

Your memory is probably crap. Go back and play Mario Party 6 again, you will not see Chain Chomp Fever.

I just said I went through the mini-game list again, and yes, the mini-game is not there.

I will admit my memory can be a bit spotty at times, but not here. This is a very vivid memory, I remember how intense it was trying to outlast the Chomp and Daisy.

EDIT: I am looking through the mini-game list seeing if there is anything that could've confused me on this, but there isn't. The only one that comes close is Pit Boss, but I didn't play that in this playthrough.

It's a vivid memory, but even vivid ones can be really sloppy compared to what actually happened. Heck, it's why eye-witness testimonies aren't reliable and an abusive tactic called gaslighting that warps memories is effective.

Probably just memory. I've had a similar experience where I was certain that something was in a game when it wasn't.

Back