Author Topic: Super Mario Run  (Read 44667 times)

superlumiella

• Monty Mole
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Run
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2016, 08:40:52 PM »
TBF the feel of the modern mario games compared to the GCN era ones seems more sterile, though id say thats more of a shift in design trends as a whole

case in point: the removal of the headphone jack on the new iphone 7, everything seems like its all about being more sleek and minimal now

Yeah, it's just for everything these days not just technology unfortunately. Arguably, film, fashion, and music is the same way as well. It seems like the entertainment medium peaked its last during the 80's and 90's and has been going downhill since. I notice the overall trend of things being more sterile and minimal now, it's hell.

[of course for technology and video games, they had a longer peak, but the other entertainment mediums hit rock bottom quicker, looks like video games are following suit too]

Yasuke Matsuda

• Mastablasta
  • King Bowser
  • Random Blue
  • Tried too hard to be post-ironic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2016, 08:43:23 PM »
it was like how the 90s was all about bright colors and...well that jazz scribbly pattern on paper cups is a good example imo

but yeah now everythings about being all 'clean' and 'modern' for sure

i mean...i like the minimalist set in acnl but

superlumiella

• Monty Mole
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 08:49:16 PM »
it was like how the 90s was all about bright colors and...well that jazz scribbly pattern on paper cups is a good example imo

but yeah now everythings about being all 'clean' and 'modern' for sure

i mean...i like the minimalist set in acnl but

Heh, I'm just a big fan of retro styles in general. They always seemed more colorful and elaborate to me. More pleasing to the eye and genuine, you know. I just hope the style trend evolves into something more aesthetically pleasing.

Yoshikoolkid

• wat does dis meen
  • Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »
Dis is so HYPE!!! frickin HYPE!!!
I like yoshiz I gusss

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2016, 09:29:31 PM »
case in point: the removal of the headphone jack on the new iphone 7, everything seems like its all about being more sleek and minimal now
Can people now see why I *bleep*ing hate Apple? That's just the apple cherry on top of the *bleep* cake.

But huh, maybe with arbitrary restrictions and proprietary crap, maybe Nintendo and Apple are meant for each other.

Yasuke Matsuda

• Mastablasta
  • King Bowser
  • Random Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2016, 10:16:38 PM »
Can people now see why I *bleep*ing hate Apple? That's just the apple cherry on top of the *bleep* cake.

But huh, maybe with arbitrary restrictions and proprietary crap, maybe Nintendo and Apple are meant for each other.
mfw my dads a huge apple fanboy and complains about every other piece of technology that isnt apple

Exactly, they're ridiculous. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the 'innovation' in these airpods or whatever exists just so they can sell people more of those when they go missing.

And considering everything about how you can only use 'apple certified' accessories like chargers (uncertified chargers don't even work) they definitely are meant for each other.

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2016, 10:50:34 PM »
everything seems like its all about being more sleek and minimal now

which somehow doesn't apply to web design coding, with its html and java script bloat that needlessly increases load times for web pages.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Froyo

• Stargazer
  • Koopa Troopa
  • FrozenDragon150
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2016, 05:38:02 AM »
Ah, I love proprietary, closed source stuff :/ so simpler to manage, no need to waste brainpower on it.

There's a reason I love Nintendo and console gaming in general as well as Apple instead of PC gaming and Android and such.

Anyway, this doesn't look so bad for a mobile game, not my cup of tea, sure, but not zomgNintendogobankruptmotherfloopers

Yoshikoolkid

• wat does dis meen
  • Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2016, 09:15:57 AM »
Bruh dis is so kool a merio app wowz
I like yoshiz I gusss

Yoshikoolkid

• wat does dis meen
  • Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
I dont no how to do anything but dis here im new so i dont rely no how ANYTHING WORKS

I no dis has doesint have ANYTHING to do wif Mario run but plz welp meh plzzzzzz
I like yoshiz I gusss

superlumiella

• Monty Mole
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2016, 09:34:34 AM »
I dont no how to do anything but dis here im new so i dont rely no how ANYTHING WORKS

I no dis has doesint have ANYTHING to do wif Mario run but plz welp meh plzzzzzz

What's the matter with you?

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
Ah, I love proprietary, closed source stuff :/ so simpler to manage, no need to waste brainpower on it.

There's a reason I love Nintendo and console gaming in general as well as Apple instead of PC gaming and Android and such.
Have fun with them restrictions then. Especially with Apple. I don't see how removing headphone jacks or working with iTunes music management makes it "simpler to manage". In fact, Apple products are designed to make it a total pain in the ass to manage. Got something broken? Can't do anything about it, because everything is locked by a proprietary screw so screw you, buy a flipping new one. Apple is the grand master of planned obsolescence. Nintendo products are also a pain in the ass to manage, but they don't come with their own headphone jacks or SD cards or USB slots or SIM cards or phone network or some *bleep* like that.

Anyway, this doesn't look so bad for a mobile game, not my cup of tea, sure, but not zomgNintendogobankruptmotherfloopers
Thankfully, no one here is unironically expressing doomsday for Nintendo just because Nintendo is trying something different this time and they don't like it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 02:25:24 PM by Striker Mario »

Mister Wu

• Wiki Patroller
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »
Thankfully, no one here is unironically expressing doomsday for Nintendo just because Nintendo is trying something different this time and they don't like it.
Ok, you wanted it.

This is the future (and past) of Mario:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:50:35 PM by Mister Wu »

Yasuke Matsuda

• Mastablasta
  • King Bowser
  • Random Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2016, 07:34:27 PM »
hey this is nintendo not konami

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2016, 02:06:53 AM »
Looks kinda standard for a game, for both Mario and mobile standards.

Apparently it'll have a level editor and that sounds cool. Either way, I'll get it to try it out.

Froyo

• Stargazer
  • Koopa Troopa
  • FrozenDragon150
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2016, 05:42:01 AM »
Wait, level editor? Huh, might actually be interesting. I doubt this, but maybe it can be a mini-Mario Maker on mobile?

Koopalmier

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2016, 10:35:14 AM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/09/11-things-we-learned-about-super-mario-run

The game is directed by Takashi Tezuka. Hideki Konno is the map director too.

This is kind of crazy. Here are the previous Mario games directed by Takashi Tezuka:

• Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Miyamoto says this is a Mario game made by veterans. The only other time a Mario game was directed by somebody who hadn't directed them in a long time was Super Mario 64 (directed by Shigeru Miyamoto).

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »
I'm pretty confident that this will be good by mobile standards.

Mister Wu

• Wiki Patroller
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2016, 10:49:13 AM »
Ok, now that Tezuka is finally directing Mario games again, might we ask Nintendo if he can direct a 2D console Mario game too? His last three (SMB3, SMW, SMW2: YI) were, like, groundbreaking in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:50:53 AM by Mister Wu »

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2016, 02:55:29 PM »
I hope that can change the direction the 2D Mario platformers are on.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.