Pikmin for Nintendo 3DS

freakworld

El Psy Kongroo
Banned User

New Pikmin Sidescrolling Game was confirmed for Nintendo 3DS in the last direct!!

oh a new topic was made for this

Cory Baxter said:
It looks pretty fun.
I'm hyped too, but I had my hopes up for a full fledged sequel to number 3.

I doubt this is the pikmin 4 miyamoto spoke of, actually

this doesnt look like its been in development for very long

well i mean if this was pikmin 4 they wouldve just called it pikmin 4 not

"pikmin for nintendo 3ds (name not final)"

I actually like the idea of a Pikmin sidescroller, don't see the hate against it.

FrozenDragon150 said:
^Same. It looks rather nice IMO. I find this better than another RTS, it's an interesting take on the series.
Nintendo has plenty of 2d platformers, they don't need to turn one of their only RTS series into another one.

Also this is being made by Arzest, the same team who brought us Yoshi's Island ds and the musically wonderful and engaging gameplay of Yoshi's New Island. Consider me cautious.

Oboro said:
Also this is being made by Arzest, the same team who brought us Yoshi's Island ds and the musically wonderful and engaging gameplay of Yoshi's New Island. Consider me cautious.

Well crap, didn't see that coming.

>Arzest

tbh the demo did look kinda shitty (also lag-wise), but I thought that was because this game was early in development

nintendo: "the mario and luigi series is already a strategy series, so we feel that pikmin should now be a platformer"

Oboro said:
FrozenDragon150 said:
^Same. It looks rather nice IMO. I find this better than another RTS, it's an interesting take on the series.
Nintendo has plenty of 2d platformers, they don't need to turn one of their only RTS series into another one.
Who said anything about it turning into a 2d platformer? Maybe this is just a side game to hold us over until Pikmin 4 is ready.

Magikrazy said:
Oboro said:
FrozenDragon150 said:
Who said anything about it turning into a 2d platformer? Maybe this is just a side game to hold us over until Pikmin 4 is ready.
I never said they're permanently going to turn Pikmin into a 2d platformer. I was responding to the "it's better than another RTS" as if Nintendo is heavily into the RTS market.

Oboro said:
Unlike Yoshi's Island, though, Arzest doesn't have anything to copy-paste from, so sadly, they're forced to be a little more original.

Picked the game up over the weekend at World 4 right now. It's surprisingly decent and the music doesn't make me want to pour boiling cooking oil into my ears since it actually sounds like it belongs in one of the mainline Pikmin games.

My only complaint so far are that the Pikmin are made of tissue paper in this game because they die by touching certain enemies even if they're just walking i.e. like the baby Breadbugs (called Crumbugs).

Arzest redeemed?

Magolor said:
It's surprisingly decent and the music doesn't make me want to pour boiling cooking oil into my ears since it actually sounds like it belongs in one of the mainline Pikmin games.
Probably Arzest's first accomplishment.

Back