2016 NFL Season

KPH2293

17 Banners
Retired Wiki Staff
http://nflschedule2016.net/ (if anybody has a better schedule page, feel free to post it)

The season starts soon, and I figured I would start this since we had a 2015 version of this thread.

Free Brady!

Oooh yes, NFL season! My expectations for my Raiders for this year are slightly higher than last year's, so let's see how that goes!

I don't have too much hope in a successful Lions season. (Though it's not just because Calvin's gone. Calvin was never the team itself)

But I do have hope for upcoming seasons after this one as Quinn starts building the team the way he wants. The best case scenario certainly would be a wild-card spot. Though likely another one-and-done unless they get lucky and face a paper tiger in the Playoffs.

I just hope that at the very least there won't be another 0-6 to start off the season. Until they beat the Bears (Sorry Crash to remind you of that) at Home I was legitimately starting to worry they were going to go 0-16 again. Hopefully with the new determined staff and offensive strategy that won't happen again.

y'all got any of them healthy players?

even though it's just preseason, i'm worried about how our o-line will be come opening day.

Northern Verve said:
Until they beat the Bears (Sorry Crash to remind you of that)

041916_beltre_stare_med_ftmj87rq.gif

why you gotta do me like that? i was enjoying my day and then you gotta bring that up.

Pharah said:
y'all got any of them healthy players?

even though it's just preseason, i'm worried about how our o-line will be come opening day.

Northern Verve said:
Until they beat the Bears (Sorry Crash to remind you of that)

041916_beltre_stare_med_ftmj87rq.gif

why you gotta do me like that? i was enjoying my day and then you gotta bring that up.

hey I'm the one who has to see the Rodgers Hail Mary everytime a thursday night football commercial plays give me a break

Northern Verve said:
hey I'm the one who has to see the Rodgers Hail Mary everytime a thursday night football commercial plays give me a break

man if the pack won that game against the cards after that hail mary i would've flipped.

thank god for playoff fitz

I've been waiting for NFL! I'm for the Patriots, Lions and I suppose I'll root for Packers for my father as well, who loved that team. Good old Dad :) We used to watch the games together, and I miss it. I can't wait, football means sitting around on the couch eating game food and enjoying our wonderful American sports.

Detroit AND the Patriots each won a game today! Glad for your team as well Hobbes :)

so i guess this is a first down now

i wish fox were smarter with his challenges today but what the hell is with that spot

poor cutty's gonna get all the flak from that interception too.

edit edit: on a more positive note, damn it was nice watching freeman and trevathan

ThePeachinator said:
I've been waiting for NFL! I'm for the Patriots, Lions and I suppose I'll root for Packers for my father as well, who loved that team.

e6e.jpg

Hobbes said:
Excellent win by my Raiders today!! Such a bold call there with the 2pt conversion. All or nothing baby.

del rio's got some stones

Football is life.
Well, at least a pretty big occupation for the autumn time. :)

color rush unis revealed. for those who aren't aware, they're basically just alternate uniforms to be worn on thursday night games.

there are a lot of nice looking ones like the steelers, pats and chargers, but for some it's hard to make a distinction between these unis and their usual ones? the bears/packers are basically just a pants swap and i'm pretty sure the niners are just wearing their black alts from last year.

to add to that, there's a lot of teams that won't even wear their color rush uniforms this year if their uniforms are hard to distinguish for colorblind viewers, the primary color matches their opponent's color rush jerseys, or if they're playing on thanksgiving.

I would have preferred us to go with black or silver, since it's not like they would have clashed with the Chiefs' red, but oh well.

Hobbes said:
I would have preferred us to go with black or silver, since it's not like they would have clashed with the Chiefs' red, but oh well.

a silver primary with black accents would look pretty cool, dunno if you already have a uni like that tho

ThePeachinator said:
Aoi Asahina said:
so i guess this is a first down now

ThePeachinator said:
I've been waiting for NFL! I'm for the Patriots, Lions and I suppose I'll root for Packers for my father as well, who loved that team.

e6e.jpg

Lol which team(s) do you dislike? ;)

packers, mainly. i find myself rooting against the lions more than i root for them (sorry sonicmario), not too big on the broncos either.

Aoi Asahina said:
what happened to the lions?
:( they lost. Patriots won! I'm currently watching the Broncos and Packers games right now. The Vikings as well. I've been watching football all day lol.

noticed they were up with maybe 3 minutes left, then when i checked later, they lost and the lions fans were angry

Aoi Asahina said:
what happened to the lions?

Bad reffing, bad luck, injuries, etc.

Luckily I don't have too high expectations this year (Maybe in another 2 years. It is the first year of a new Regime in the GM department after all). But nonetheless I'll take solace in the fact the Packers lost as well today. I'm sure you can as well if the Bears lose tomorrow.

And all things considered 1-1 in close matches decided by less then a touchdown is still better then 0-2

I was going to say something like a crossed out line of how dare you defile Packy like that but...

Hobbes said:
ThePeachinator said:
What about the Packys? :p
KDck7YF.png

It had to be done.
Sabre said:
Rodgers just hasn't looked the same lately.

While I'm sure it's just coincidental, it made me think Sabre was saying Aaron Rodgers is cheesehead Packy. And I chuckled.

Northern Verve said:
And all things considered 1-1 in close matches decided by less then a touchdown is still better then 0-2

man, that was the story of our team last year.

Hobbes said:
ThePeachinator said:
What about the Packys? :p
KDck7YF.png

It had to be done.

this is the worst thing i've ever seen in my life (also i'm pretty sure packy is a lions/steelers fan so he probably wouldn't appreciate it :wario:)

i miss tirico, this guy is borin

Back