Post your opinions on any random movies

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
I don't have much time, but I might post some of mine later.

fight club has one of, if not my favorite sound mix of any movie

that thing is lovely to listen to

The Little Prince (2015) is a visual spectacle. Flashbacks have a paper diorama look that makes it very visually appealing, and the Aviator's house is one of the best parts because it's colourful compared to the environment around him.

Thanks for reading.

The Little Prince (2015) is a cinematography nightmare. everything is visually boring. this works for the beginning because it's supposed to be uninteresting, but even the things that are supposed to look interesting just kinda... blend in together. it all feels very workmanlike

Nabber said:
The Little Prince (2015) is a cinematography nightmare. everything is visually boring. this works for the beginning because it's supposed to be uninteresting, but even the things that are supposed to look interesting just kinda... blend in together. it all feels very workmanlike

same with the book lo

well i never read the book

idk i wanted to like the movie but i just didn't really get the point of it

especially the weird anti-business themes that felt shoved in there, they were really clunky

Nabber said:
idk i wanted to like the book but i just didn't really get the point of it

especially the weird anti-business themes that felt shoved in there, they were really clunky

this is my opinion about the book

also i had to read it on french. yay

I recently finished When Marnie Was There. From the poster of that movie I felt like it feels like a love story that seems to be popular these days (namely, love between two girls), but the love story that is portrayed in this movie is different and unexpected. I heard that there is a book that this movie is based on, but it doesn't seem to be all that popular from what I know (there is no TVTropes page for Literature/When Marnie Was There, nor is there a Wikipedia page).

I suppose the blood relationship between Marnie and Anna would have been less obvious in the book since the characters are of the same ethnicity, but in this movie, the fact that Marnie and Anna are related seems to be a lot more obvious in hindsight because the rest of the cast is Japanese, even Marnie's husband.

Thanks for reading.

I don't want this to be a "Unpopular opinions - FILM EDITION" thread, but I don't get why Groundhog Day got so popular. I wouldn't call it bad - it's certainly a competent production - but nothing about it is particularly surprising, and a lot of scenes feel rather pointless in the long run. I found a lot of scenes, both comedic and dramatic, to be far too predictable:

When he started learning everything about that first woman at the beginning, I knew almost immediately that he'd then start chasing after his female coworker. When it eventually happened, I knew once again that they wouldn't hook up until the end of the film when everything's wrapped up with a nice bow.

"Be a good person, otherwise you spend your life in a rut" isn't exactly the most compelling message, nor is it a particularly deep one.

Time Turner said:
I don't want this to be a "Unpopular opinions - FILM EDITION" thread, but I don't get why Groundhog Day got so popular. I wouldn't call it bad - it's certainly a competent production - but nothing about it is particularly surprising, and a lot of scenes feel rather pointless in the long run. I found a lot of scenes, both comedic and dramatic, to be far too predictable:

When he started learning everything about that first woman at the beginning, I knew almost immediately that he'd then start chasing after his female coworker. When it eventually happened, I knew once again that they wouldn't hook up until the end of the film when everything's wrapped up with a nice bow.

"Be a good person, otherwise you spend your life in a rut" isn't exactly the most compelling message, nor is it a particularly deep one.

tbh this movie is already sold by the fact that the main character is extra-cynic bill murray at his best

Atlantis: The Lost Empire was the first movie in the Disney Animated Canon I saw in theaters.

I don't remember a goddamn thing about it.

life is beautiful is awesome and everyone should totally watch it.

also i felt "free state of jones" was under-appreciated. sure, the pacing and editing were choppy at times, and the part with knight's great-grandson was ultimately tedious filler. but matthew mcconaughey and gugu mbatha-raw's performances was phenomenal and the historical events it was based on are fascinating.

i don't think many people really consider groundhog day to be one of the greatest of all time, but i hear it gets better on rewatches

i like Cars but mostly because i love cars and anthropomorphic cars

Rewatching Coraline, I realized there's a bigger sense of uneasiness during the first half of the movie. It's already a bit unsettling the first time you see it, but when you know the true identity of the Other Mother, it's like you're filled with a sense of dread, and it's another reason why I love this movie so much.

ghostbusters 2016 wasnt that bad

deadpool is overrated to fuck

the dark knight trilogy is the second best trilogy ever (back to the future is the best)

iron man 3 is the best marvel movie

being john malkovich is my all time favorite movie

Paper Jorge said:
is it overrated to watch too

ghostbusters 2016 wasnt that bad
it's pretty funny but it's so stigmatized that no one will ever see it

it's more or less "edgy dick jokes" and it's funny i guess but it's hardly the most original movie to ever grace the earth

being john malkovich is my all time favorite movie
i love this movie so much but i still find it funny how we have completely different opinions on it

Uniju said:
Paper Jorge said:
is it overrated to watch too

thats evenly rated

it just doesnt cuddle after

Nabber said:
i love this movie so much but i still find it funny how we have completely different opinions on it

what do you think of eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

Nabber said:
that's also a masterpiece

you don't think that's also a comedy, do you?

no, but it's an amazing film. thought you'd like it/be familiar with it, hence me asking

oh

i was wondering because it's by the same writer of being john malkovich, so i figured that's why you might be asking me

all of his films are brilliant

Back