What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

PrayNight

My bro luigi is not to be confused with waluigi!
Hey guys with another post!

What things do you think they should add in the next mariokart game? It could be a track, an item, and enemy. So what are your ideas?

My idea:
1. More selection of characters.
2. More tracks (instead of 8 tracks or 12 tracks maybe 16? or 18?
3. Ask the community for ideas!

Baby Luigi

A better balance in the stat distribution would probably be the biggest dilemma to work on.

Mario Kart 9: Metal Edition

What the back of the box would say said:
Play your favorite racing game with all your favorite characters! The twist? They're all encased in metal!

Bob Eubanks said:

Play your favorite racing game with all your favorite characters! The twist? They're all encased in metal!

Coming with Mario Kart 9: Baby Edition

Bob Eubanks said:

only if it has a good metal soundtrack

I terms of characters, bring back Diddy and Bowser Jr. and get rid of Pink Gold Peach. Maybe add Kirby too, cause Rosalina's Smash trailer really made me want Kirby in the game. ...Hey, Link and the Villager are in!

Make Battle Mode good again, make Wario Stadium/Colosseum a retro course, and please remove the coins from the item roulette!

Bob Eubanks said:

Metal Metal Mario main right here.

Make a Rainbow Road that isn't predictable.

Add deeper stat and part customization (and balance), custom emblems, add more items and an option of changing how you want them to appear (completely random or the usual "the lower you are the better items you get")

A Double Dash mode, where you use 2 characters on one kart like on MKDD <3

More courses, instead of 4 cups they should have 8, and for the Retro courses, that each cup has stages exclusively from one past game (and there would be 8 Retro courses, there have also been 8 main Mario Kart games :D )

Bring back older characters, as well as the special items from MKDD

I think special items were removed, because some of them were too good, while others weren't good enough. The Giant Banana was too good of a special item, as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong could get it in 1st place, and it was indestructible against normal items.

bring back mission mode with deeper objective. i would make it similar to the one in sonic all star racing transformed with lot's of secrets and unlockables.

also more race types, i would to see modes such as elimination races, coin based races and other things

June said:
NSY said:
bring back mission mode with deeper objective.

i now need a mariokart with a deep storyline in my life

You could literally just use the Mario Party 2 story, it's so versatile

The Legend of Mario Land

Mario and Luigi, Wario and Peach, DK and Yoshi all gathered in speech. Sharing their wishes for all they had seen, saying "Let's make a racetrack built on all of our dreams!" Combining their talents, they sweated and strained, completing that track, Mario Circuit by name...

Alas, but Wario stepped forth and said, "This world should be named for a Super Star, instead. Wario Circuit is a far better name!" And so they all argued the depth of their fame, "Peach Circuit is better!" And "My name is best!" Toad could not believe the words of the rest!

Alas, as they kept on talking smack, Bowser invaded that Mario Kart track!!! "There's no time to argue and no time to fight! "The task is before us," Toad said with a fright, "This land shall be named for the Super Star who defeats evil Bowser and saves us all, too!"

So Mario and friends took on this new quest, to zoom past King Koopa and prove who's the best! They tossed their blue shells and bob-ombs, never stopping to rest, for always on Bowser their keen sights were set (although he'd rubber-banded away, how could we forget). No race more large, no better time to start... So speaks the legend of Mario Kart!

Magikrazy said:
Being a fan of Crash Tag Team Racing's free roam the park mode, I'd like something similar in a Mario Kart game.

Have the story be that Peach opens a new park for racing. It's a big hit and everyone comes. But Bowser takes the keys that unlock the sections of the park and hides them. Mario finds the first key pretty easily, but needs to go through the other sections to find the other keys.

There are six sections in the park.

Mario Circuit- the basic racetrack type section. Also contains a replica of Peach's Castle you can walk into.
Donut Plains- a grassy area with a small lake
Ghost Valley- a dark forest with a haunted house
Choco Island- a mountainous area made of chocolate (yeah I know it would melt, but whatever)
Koopa Beach- a beach with a hut
Vanilla Lake- the ice section (probably would have a hot area for some variety)

Each section would have three tracks. Obviously, it wouldn't be like Super Mario Kart where they're essentially all the same. They would be different, but with a matching theme. They would all be explorable, with secrets and missions to do.

The main area would be where you access the six sections and would, like the sections, have several npcs walking around, but also the characters you can play as (minus Bowser), which you can switch between.

Also, there would be a shop run by Rocky Wrench where you buy car parts and other with the coins you earn on the tracks.

After getting all the keys, you go to Bowser's Castle and race against the Koopalings, and they're no pushovers.

Beat them, and Kamek transports you to Rainbow Road for a final race against a now giant Bowser and Bowser Jr, who throws Koopa Shells and Bob-ombs at you. Beat them, and Bowser gives up, about to leave. But Peach allows him to stay on the condition he doesn't do that again.

- Adventure Mode: Bowser takes over all of the racetracks in the Mushroom Kingdom for him and his baddies to use for themselves. Mario must take them back by defeating his minions in races and other challenges similar to Mission Mode in MKDS or Tournaments in MKW. Mario can also recruit allies to use in these races by defeating them in the same fashion. Characters can be unlocked this way, but there are other methods to unlock them in Grand Prix mode (Kinda like how character unlocks worked in Brawl).

- More characters, have some compressed into one roster slot and available as sort of a "palette swap" like Villager in MK8

- More kart customization, allow changing the palette of karts and decals and other cool stuff

- Bring back King Boo, Paratroopa, Petey, Dry Bones, Diddy, Bowser Jr, Birdo, Wiggler (I liked him but most others probably didn't)

- 2 Retro tracks from each game

[Wishlist]

SNES:
Bowser Castle 3, Vanilla Lake 2

N64:
Wario Stadium, Choco Mountain

GBA:
Lakeside Park, Rainbow Road

GCN:
Wario Colosseum, Bowser's Castle

DS:
Mario Circuit, Shroom Ridge

Wii:
Toad's Factory, Dry Dry Ruins

3DS:
Wario Shipyard, Rock Rock Mountain

Wii U:
Dolphin Shoals, Twisted Mansion

Mari Ohara said:
- Adventure Mode: Bowser takes over all of the racetracks in the Mushroom Kingdom for him and his baddies to use for themselves. Mario must take them back by defeating his minions in races and other challenges similar to Mission Mode in MKDS or Tournaments in MKW. Mario can also recruit allies to use in these races by defeating them in the same fashion. Characters can be unlocked this way, but there are other methods to unlock them in Grand Prix mode (Kinda like how character unlocks worked in Brawl).
this is actually a really good idea, I hope nintendo does this one day

More crossover tracks, characters, and karts. I'm baffled that they ended MK8 dlc so early. Give me a Kirby Mario Kart course dammit, because I don't think we're ever going to get Air Ride 2 and it's probably the next best thing.

More new characters from past Mario games. Don't make up stupid characters like Pink Gold Peach, give characters like Hammer Bro a chance. Enough with the clones like Cat Peach. I also wouldn't mind seeing more crossover characters as DLC. I'd like to see Kirby and Captain Falcon appear in MK9.

An item called the "Metal Box". It would be similar to the Star, but the main differences are that you are impervious to damage, your weight makes you able to push others around and you cannot purposely take shortcuts on the off-roads. Also would prevent Metal characters from being individual personalities.

More seriously, I've wondered if the developers have decided to add a track editor this time around. Last time, the developers opted against this because they've introduced enough features in Mario Kart 8 and they have carefully crafted each track for maximum replayability. I am inclined to believe that it's not the time for this as of yet, mainly because it's easier to make low-quality tracks than to find a high-quality one.

Thanks for reading.

If there's a track editor, the entire goddamn game needs to be built around it to be at least good.

Back