Author Topic: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS X CEREMONY  (Read 23282 times)

Hooded Pitohui

• The Bird with Batrachotoxin
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Whomp
  • With Awards, prepare to present, play, and party.
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS X CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 06:48:49 PM »
Mario games have great music.

I would pay so much money for a Symphony of the Goddesses or Symphonic Evolutions for Mario (if it included all the spin-offs). Unfortunately, I know that won't be happening.

Arataka Reigen

• The Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • 100% Legit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »
M13 - Favorite Level Theme
by Mr. Edo

Milky Way, somewhere outside Citadel Space

EDI: Mr. Moreau, we have a problem.

EDI: Mr. Moreau, can you hear me? Your input is required!

Joker: zzzZZZzzz

EDI: Jeff, WAKE UP!

Joker: Huh??? What??? EDI?

EDI: Mr. Moreau, scanners have picked up an unknown object.

Joker: Well this looks like a situation.

EDI: I have calculated its trajectory and it is on a direct collision course. Evasive maneuvers are recommended.

Joker: Guess I better tell them to strap on the seatbelts, huh.

Joker: Commander, this is Joker. We got some unexpected company, so if the trip gets rough, don't blame me if things fly off the shelves.

Shepard: What is it, Joker? Is it a Collector ship?

Joker: No, it's... uh...

Joker: It appears to be a middle-aged man with weight problems... flying through space at mach speed.

Shepard: ...

Are you high?

Joker: Hey, listen Commander! When I want to daydream about asses, plumber's crack isn't usually the first thing that comes to mind, ok!?

Favorite Mario level theme of 2016, with 305 votes...

SPACE

Mr. Edo is up next again with M12 - Favorite Supporting Character!
That guy sure loves to hear himself talk, huh?

Dami

• Lee Yoobin
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • Chibiki Daisy
  • Wake up my dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 06:51:08 PM »
Caramel deLites/Samoas are clearly the superior cookie

DF, awesome job with your presentation! (Music is power~)
trash bucket (tumblr) | #isitthursdayyet | Honoka's #7 Fan

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2016, 06:51:40 PM »
When I want to daydream about asses, plumber's crack isn't usually the first thing that comes to mind, ok!?

may this line be immortalized forever

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 06:51:52 PM »
IDK SPM's space level is ok at best.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 06:52:04 PM »
does this mean i can vote EDI for best supporting character next year

Arataka Reigen

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • 100% Legit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 06:52:55 PM »
Yes.

Arataka Reigen

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • 100% Legit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 06:55:29 PM »
M12 - Favorite Supporting Character
by Mr. Edo

Support is a very important subject. We all need it at some point. Without proper support, life would be a mess. We'd barely be able to stay on top of everything, what with all the stress piled on us. But luckily, we do have support, and thus are able to live comfortably, without having to worry about things collapsing on top of us.

And because support is so important, it even got its very own award! So let's take a look at the three most-voted support characters and try to figure out just what exactly makes them so good at what they do!

#3: Professor E. Gadd

Elvin Gadd is a man of science, and inventor of many a fancy gadget. But that is irrelevant now. We are here to determine how good the Professor is as a support!

A good support needs to be able to carry a suitable amount of weight without breaking or falling over. Right from the get-go it is very apparent that the Professor has a large head. This is a blessing AND a curse because, while the large head allows more objects to be put on top of the character, the increased mass makes Gadd's design top-heavy and thus prone to falling over. Not a very good point if you need your support to remain steady.

But then you notice that Gadd is also very short. And suddenly, all the pieces fall together. The decrease in height means less stress for the base, which counteracts the top-heaviness, resulting in a center of gravity that is elevated, but not so much that it makes the design unstable.

All these features make Professor Elvin Gadd very suitable for small-scale support duty, like a chair leg, or an emergency coffee table.

#2: Princess Daisy

Princess Daisy is known as the ruler of Sarasaland. As a princess, she is used to being put on a pedestal. But how will she fare if she is the one who has things put upon her?

The widest part of Princess Daisy's design is her base. This results in an ideal distribution of weight, and nearly perfect stability. With a center of gravity that low, it is nearly impossible to knock her over. And even if you would somehow manage to do the impossible, the hot air in Daisy's head constantly pushes upwards, making her remain upright even under the most extreme of circumstances.

Furthermore, due to being a very active individual who regularly plays all kinds of different sports, Daisy is extremely well-trained and has enough muscle mass to support considerable weight.

However, the absolute strongest point of Daisy is her modular design. You could just about attach anything to the Princess' head provided it has a connection point that interlocks with the design of her crown. This makes Daisy extremely useful on small-scale, medium-scale, and large-scale support.

With a character that versatile, it is no wonder she ranked that high. Daisy can support just about anything: From tables, to fountains, maybe even a bridge. Just give it an interlocking connection point and Daisy will be able to work with it. What a fantastic character.

#1: Waluigi

Waluigi is Luigi's eternal nemesis and arch-rival. Can a character who has built his entire identity on that of someone else be a good support character? We will see!

I know what you're thinking: Daisy is so useful for so many things, how is anyone going to beat that? And it is indeed a valid question. Waluigi is not nearly as modular and versatile as Princess Daisy and her ingenious design. But there is a saying: "I do not fear a man who has practiced 1000 punches once, I fear a man who has practiced one punch 1000 times!" Waluigi has taken this to heart, and while he does not do many things, he does do one thing very, very well.

Waluigi is the undisputed king of building supports. He is very slender, allowing multiple Waluigis to be packed tightly, and thus be transported easily. His legs are very durable and their shape form a natural spring, making Waluigi extremely resistant to earthquakes and other tremors. His arms fold out, allowing Waluigis to be chained together or used as anchor bolts. Waluigi also comes with an in-built aide for measuring right angles, which are very important when you're working with buildings.

Construction workers world-wide swear by Waluigi-made buildings. It is in fact possible (and recommended!) to build your home out of Waluigis entirely.

This is why Waluigi is such a great and beloved support character, and why, as a support character, he has gained so much support! I wholeheartedly support this notion!

GBAToad is up next with M22 - Favorite Mario Maker Design Element!

Gilgamesh

• Gate of Babylon
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 06:56:23 PM »
all glory to the great wa his love is eternal

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 06:57:26 PM »
where can I order waluigis in bulk

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 06:57:53 PM »
where can i buy myself a waluigi, i need one instantly
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Hooded Pitohui

• The Bird with Batrachotoxin
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Whomp
  • With Awards, prepare to present, play, and party.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 06:57:56 PM »
Wonderful presentation, and, yes to Elvin Gadd!

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 06:58:20 PM »
Those presentations were brilliant Edo

Doof

• Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »
Ok Edo that is literally the best.

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 06:59:09 PM »
those were both top tier presentations

also idk how daisy got 2nd in supporting character lo

Gilgamesh

• Gate of Babylon
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 07:00:02 PM »
Heya, it's me GBAToad and I'll be presenting the results of the Favourite Mario Maker Design Element award. For this award, I have created a Super Mario Maker course for the community to play and hopefully enjoy! The code for the level is BCB8-0000-0283-ACC5. If you /don't/ have Super Mario Maker (good choice) then don't fret, I have also provided a walkthrough, so let's take a look:

The level starts in scenic MarioWiki hills, note the flatness, blockiness, and ominous timer in the sky that reminds us of the inevitability of death as the seconds pass. And also brick blocks, yay!

You approach what is supposed to resemble the iconic MarioWiki building, founded in 1954 by Snr. Porp L. Montage, the very building where the awards are being held today.

You are immediately showered with money from an oddly fast Lakitu. Maybe he's trying to bribe the entrants to stay and view the performances? Sadly, the door is roped off, meaning that the awards have already started.

Since you're playing as moi (look, I'm the Captain now), this means that in order to get your results, you'll have to take the secret presenters entrance that totally exists and runs under the stage where the presentations are currently happening. Spooky.

Wow, it sure is loud. The crowd is going nuts. Whoever's on stage at the moment must have a really great presentation. Or the audience is hypnotised, but what are the odds of that happening? Proceed along the moving walkway. Thank goodness Toads are equipped with excellent running abilities.

Eventually, you arrive at the green room. Excited patrons move around on the floors above, eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Favourite Goomba in a Side-Character Role award.

This year, the results are separated for no reason other than it provides a challenge that only the toughest presenters will survive and because this is a video game. To obtain the top three Super Mario Maker elements, you must first travel through a room filled with...

...the losing objects. This is truly where Super Mario Maker shines: not in the careful artistry of the finest 1% of fan-made levels, but in the absolute cluster*bleep* that is the 99%. A true Super Mario Maker level would never skimp out on the chance to unexpectedly and absolutely screw over the player. Maybe there's a (not-so-hidden) star nearby that'll make this part easier. Grab the second Pink Coin (also a losing object) and seek a way back to the green room.

Not pictured is the level-theme changes, because Mario Maker does not have the ability to suddenly switch the style of your level mid-level. Moving on!

Finally, the results room. It's time to check the winners...

In third place, we have the Koopa Clown Car! A helicopter car that is so easy to control even a limbless mushroom can ram itself into you if you're not careful. Also comes in the much hotter Fire Clown Car variety.

In second place, we have the Game theme changes! The ability to change the tileset of your level from SMB, to SMB3, to SMW, to NSMBU is represented here by a Frog Mario costume to highlight the idea of switching between game themes (I tried). You're not buying it? Well then let's swiftly move on to first place!

Finally, in first place, we have the Mystery Mushrooms! Probably the only redeeming factor of the SMB theme, these costumes allow you to create the crossover Mario levels of your dreams with over 150 costumes to unlock. Who would've guessed?

And there you have it! The results of the first Favourite Mario Maker Design Element award. Put that star away! The rooftop party has yet to begin and you didn't even receive an invite, loser.

It is then that you realise the level is not over, and you're near a checkpoint. You hear a crash from below. Oh *bleep*, it's boss battle time.

It appears Anton has /actually/ hypnotised the audience and is holding them captive to ensure the awards go smoothly. Whilst you understand his actions, you must put a stop to them immediately by using 2 of the winning Mario Maker elements (Koopa Clown Car, Mystery Mushrooms) to your advantage. You can try to use the third element, but good luck with that, buddy.

Simply wait for him to finish transmuting some of the brick blocks around him, then hit his weak spot (2257) to defeat Anton and save the awards. Anton retreats from the stage, relieved that the awards are finally over. You can now go home by exiting stage left.

Victory at last! The audience isn't going home though... eh, it's not your issue unless you wanna make it yours, or find a secret exit.

Slide down that slightly used flagpole and go home. You've done a great service to the MarioWiki, toad, and deserve a break.

And that's it! Be sure to check out the course if you have the ability to (and maybe even find the secret cameo exit that features mystery costumes of some users, good luck guessing who is who, seriously). The code is again BCB8-0000-0283-ACC5. The detailed results can be found below. Happy Mario Making!

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2016, 07:01:16 PM »
Just joined, I'm a little late, so...

Dang, Mario 64 just missed the top five.
Mass Effect x Mario confirmed!
Waluigi's Mansion.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2016, 07:01:48 PM »
i like my cameo, so cute

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2016, 07:02:12 PM »
GBAToad fills life with quality
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Doof

• Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2016, 07:02:26 PM »
Man now I wish I had SMM more than anything.