Author Topic: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS VIII CEREMONY  (Read 12611 times)

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS VIII CEREMONY
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2016, 05:30:09 PM »

Chibiki Daisy is up next with F11 - Biggest Missed Opportunity!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2016, 05:31:05 PM »
Why would anyone want to willingly collect 1 million coins in the first place?

Other than that, Wikiball, ye :>
it's the only way for mario to pay off his crippling mafia debts

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 05:33:51 PM »
I can't believe Tubular still won out from 9-7.  9-7 is so BS in so many ways. 

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2016, 05:34:34 PM »
the very looooooooong cave is no where near as bad as its ds counterpart
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Patchouli Knowledge

• The Girl of Knowledge and Shade
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • Chibiki Daisy
  • Voile, the Magic Library
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2016, 05:35:21 PM »
Hello everyone! My name's Chibiki and I'm here for Biggest Missed Opportunity! Today's presentation is a bit of a narrative-type story. So here goes nothing!

Imagine you are asked to help develop Nintendo's next hit game. Since you're an aspiring young developer who has loved Nintendo games for years, you're absolutely thrilled by this offer, and tell them yes. They tell you to be expecting a phone call next week at ten in the morning with more information. You go home that night, excitedly awaiting that phone call. But the night before Nintendo calls you, there is a thunderstorm as you're asleep. The power goes out, and your alarm clock resets, because you don't have battery back-up in your clock, and you don't own a cell phone.

The next morning, you wake up and check the clock by your bed. It reads 8:43 am. 'Huh? What the hell am I doing up this early?' you think to yourself. You take a look at your wall clock next, which reads 12:26, and your eyes slowly widen in horror as the fact hits you.

Thanks to the storm, you overslept.

Before anyone could say 'rise up', you were immediately jumping out of bed, mentally cursing yourself, and running to your phone in the kitchen to see if it wasn't too late. But as soon as you reach your kitchen, you spot three envelopes, each marked with a number 1-3, and a note right next to them. You wonder how they even got there in the first place, but you decide to worry about it later, the envelopes and notes were probably more important. You pick up the note and read it. It said:

Start with three. Work your way down to one. Do not break order or we will find you.
-Anon

You decide to not face any possible consequences by opening the envelope marked with a 3 first. It contained a note card that only said 'Underproducing amiibo'. You recall the bloodbaths in the stores as people rushed out to buy their favorite amiibo figures the moment they hit shelves. You almost shudder a little recalling those dark times...

Next, you decide to open the envelope marked with a 2. It contained another note card, but instead, this one said 'Sony Partnership Failure'. You begin recalling facts about how Nintendo partnered with Sony to make a disc drive add-on to the Super NES that ultimately ended in the partnership being broken over licensing disputes. That add-on eventually became the PlayStation, a thought which you began to frown at a bit.

Finally, you opened the envelope marked with a 1. It contained yet another note card, reading 'Sticker Star early build'. You never really knew much concerning game betas, but you've at least heard that the early build was way better than the final release. Probably the thing that most upset you (and a number of other people!) was that partners were removed. Sure, having the stickers to use was pretty cool, but you wanted partners, gosh darn it, partners.

Below that, it read 'turn to the other side'. You did exactly that, and on the other side of the note card, it read: 'Notice any commonalities? These are Nintendo's three biggest missed opportunities concerning Mario. And honestly, missing that phone call should have made the list for you." After reading that, you could do nothing but stand there and stare, shocked.

Gamefreak75 is up next with F10 - Worst Game Mechanic!
trash bucket (tumblr) | #isitthursdayyet | Honoka's #7 Fan

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2016, 05:35:32 PM »
Tubular is not even hard.

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
that was something magikrazy. good work!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2016, 05:36:47 PM »
IT'S JUST LIKE ONE OF MY AMERICAN CREEPYPASTA

(rip partners)

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2016, 05:40:02 PM »
posting for gamefreak

Welcome back. Sorry for leaving you folks on a cliffhanger last time, but I had to take my apple pie out of the oven. Nobody likes burnt apple pie now, do they? That's what I thought. Now where was I......
Spoiler: the whole story (click to show/hide)

DragonFreak & N64dude are up next with F8 - Worst Mario Kart Course!

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2016, 05:41:02 PM »
stickers, good concept, poor execution
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 05:43:39 PM »

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 05:45:16 PM »
Hello ladies and gentlemen, koopas and koopettes, birdos and yoshis!  Welcome to the presentation of F8:  Worst Mario Kart Course.  DragonFreak here and joining me is the great N64Dude!

Weíre here to present to you the awards presentation for the Worst Mario Course, we hope you will enjoy every bit and pieces of this presentation weíve have put for you to enjoy!

You might notice the colors weíre typing in. What does that mean, you ask? What? You didnít ask? Well, Iíll tell you anyway. Iím writing in royal purple, and N64dude is writing in maroon.

Now after that bit of introduction, itís time for us to present the Worst Mario Kart Course and we hope you enjoy our presentation thoroughly.

Well, I think we should get on with the presentation.  We have a total of 15 nominees. Because I have been known to be laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy DF, N64dude is going to tell you some too. The first nominee, from Mario Kart 8, is Bone-Dry Dunes. I think the climate at this place would definitely be similar to the weather around where we are. Wouldnít you agree, N64dude?

Yes, I would agree with you, itís very arid and a very hot climate, and the next nominee is Grumble Volcano, which is very hot, and looks like a very scary place and dangerous place, especially if you were to live there.

You have to be careful for the annoying falling platforms too.  Next is Shy Guy Beach.  I like the beach as much as the next person, but I canít relax when pirate ships are constantly shooting bombs at me!

The next nominee is Maple Treeway, which has a very scenic and relaxed atmosphere, and it would be very relaxing to nap there, donít you think, DragonFreak?

Yup!  In fact it is my second favorite new course in Mario Kart Wii.  Next up is Yoshi Falls.  It looks very relaxing too, but for racing itís so short it gets me stressed out every time I have to play it. 

It would be very nice to take a vacation there, as itís really relaxing and has a beautiful waterfall for you to gaze at. The next nominee is Sherbet Land, which is very cold and icey, and I wouldnít recommend you go there unless youíre a penguin. 

Cold like Missouri in...the ice age.  Yeah Missouri doesnít get cold.  Anyways, next nominee is Rosalinaís Ice World, another shivery, slippery course this time starring the space waifu.  Apparently Roy Koopa moved a file with that name on it.  It showed up on BJAODN.

The next nominee is the SNESís Rainbow Road, which is very pretty and colourful, but donít stay there too long as the bright colours might hurt your eyes!   

I can imagine it would be terrible for the characters!  Up next is Koopa Beach 2, which is another beach level that suffers from the opposite problem as Shy Guy Beach.  And those cheep-cheeps though.

Those cheep-cheeps are very big and scary, so keep away from them, so anyway onto the next nominee, which is Choco Mountain, which may look like itís nice but in actual fact, there are falling rocks which could potentially hurt you, so avoid them! 

To be honest, I would not mind if one of those chocolate rocks landed on me.  I would be set for chocolate for awhile.  Next is Dolphin Shoals.  The view is very beautiful, but most of course is underwater, and we know how most people feel about underwater levels.

The next nominee is Wii Rainbow Road, which is a lot safer to have a go-karting competition but you should still keep your guard up, in case you fall down the edge! 

If I had a dollar for every time I fell off the track I would...not be rich but at least one hundred dollars richer.  Moving on.  We have Maka Wuhu, proving that just because a location was good in another game (Wii Sports Resort) doesnít mean itís good in another.

The next nominee is Banshee Boardwalk, which might sound like itís a safe place, but itís actually haunted by boos, so if youíre a person who gets scared easily, this might not be the place for you to visit!

And donít forget those spooky spooky Swoopers, sending shivers down your spine.  Lastly we have Sky Garden, one of the best courses in the Game Boy Advance Mario Kart, but thatís not really saying much.

And with that, thereís all of our nominations!  Now we are going to reveal the top 5 worst Mario Kart Courses.  Iím very excited to announce these.

In 5th place is Bone-Dry Dunes with 169 votes which is 7.20%, Iím surprised this course came in 5th place, I expected it to be higher, because a lot of people liked playing this course a lot, eh DragonFreak?

Yeah it seems like it!  And speaking of courses I think people would like to play a lot, coming in 4th place with 174 votes and 7.41% is Rosalinaís Ice World.  Well you know what they say, if you canít handle the ice physics get off the course.

The ice always seems to screw your position in the race, but anyway in 3rd place, is Banshee Boardwalk with 192 votes and 8.18%, I feel this course deserves 3rd place, because itís a good old retro course, of which i have fond memories, of playing it, but it was really scary as well!

Second place is something I was not surprised about at all:  Rainbow Road for the Wii with a total of 237 votes, which is 10.10% of all votes.  The salt alone makes it one of my least favorite tracks.  Pitfalls everywhere.  You could be a great driver, but getting hit with any item might send plummeting down below sending you to the back of the pack.  Seems to be a theme with all Rainbow Roads donít you say so?

And finally in first place, drum-roll pleaseÖ itís Rainbow Road again, but this time for the SNES, which has 263 votes which is 11.21%, this was a close call with 2nd place, but Rainbow Road for the SNES edged it out, and quite frankly Iím not that shocked because the SNES Rainbow Road was a timeless classic course and really fun to drive on, but make sure you be careful while driving on it, as you might fall off!... which probably made people get annoyed at it over the coming years.

Two Rainbow Roads for the top two worst Mario Kart course.  Oh my, but I couldnít say I didnít see it coming.  Those Rainbow Roads are either really loved, or as you can see here, really hated.  That concludes this presentation of F8:  Worst Mario Kart Course.  Have a great day everyone and happy 10th anniversary Mario Wiki!

Freakworld is up next with F6 - Worst Spin-off!

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2016, 05:45:34 PM »
stickers, poor concept, good execution (in that the execution was poor and thus matched the concept)

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2016, 05:48:49 PM »
...am I the only one who liked banshee boardwalk

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:08 PM »
SNES Rainbow Road is like one of the most mystical tracks in Mario Kart history, people are so bad.

Marcia

• Star Spirit
  • Glitchy Bowser Jr.
  • "Stuff it, sponge brain!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »

I love Banshee Boardwalk

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »

Nah.

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2016, 05:50:06 PM »

Yoshi876 is up next with F7 - Worst Enemy!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:12:56 PM by Anton »

Two

• The second sister
  • Donkey Kong
  • LN1
  • L - N - 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »
>watch a 23-minute video in 5 minutes

These awards are rigged.

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
  • Bluebird; Even If Happiness Is Close By...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2016, 05:52:15 PM »
watch it at 4x speed