Author Topic: OFFICIAL 'SHROOM AWARDS VII CEREMONY  (Read 7775 times)

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
Re: OFFICIAL 'SHROOM AWARDS VII CEREMONY
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 01:35:59 PM »
plz don't i just had all of the carpets steam cleaned for this event; I even used a coupon ;~;

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:45:24 PM »
Ok, I'll hold my vomit for you :)

But after we finish I'll vomit in the Guess the Results thread.

Chiaki Nanami

• Super High School Level Gamer
  • #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
  • Sweden? More like Memeden.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 03:56:40 PM »
It's time to get ready for real.

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »
my body is 95% ready

The Stanley Parable Adventure Line™

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
  • BA DA DA DUM BA DA DUM BA DA DA DUM BA DA DA DUM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »
dubble hype

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 04:00:10 PM »
all aboard the hype train

choo choo

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Chiaki Nanami

• #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:05:00 PM »

'Shroom Awards VII

Hello, all! This is the seventh edition of 'Shroom Awards! The following ten awards are hand-picked by the 'Shroom Core Staff to celebrate what makes the 'Shroom such a great community effort. There's actually more to the 'Shroom than initially meets the eye. The project started as a way to give Wiki editors an idea of what things needed to get accomplished. After a while, the project evolved to featuring reviews of various pieces of media, quizzes and puzzles, interviews, statistics, art made by different users, fun imaginary news, and strategies on how to play video games the best way. There have been many reorganisations as new editions were released. Most recently, an entirely new team was created because there was demand for it. All in all, the 'Shroom has definitely grown in the ten years it has been around. Can you believe it? Ten years! This project has survived for ten years, despite an attempt at its cancellation. I do not envy those that live in the timeline where the 'Shroom actually got cancelled, because they're missing out. The kind of effort that has been poured into this project is almost unbelievable. To present this edition of 'Shroom Awards that celebrates a decade of the 'Shroom feels extremely important. What is also important are the presentations that are about to follow. So without further ado, let's get this one started!

RandomYoshi is up first with S1 - Favorite Director!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:08:03 PM by Chiaki Nanami »

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »
the proposal link is broken, accidentally put in a second slash
edit: fixed nvm

but nice script anyway!

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Chiaki Nanami

• #mwchat Operator
  • Star Spirit
  • RandomYoshi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:15 PM »
It was noon and the Director's desk looked like a literal mess. There was mail everywhere, the printer was going haywire, there was a lot of noise outside, and no work could be done. The reason behind all of this complaining was, of course, change. Change is a dangerous thing. This is why everyone wanted Super Mario Bros. back in the seat as the Director of the esteemed newsletter The 'Shroom. Because the current director is not Super Mario Bros., we have to ponder: who is that? That would be Pidgey. He had relatively recently been appointed the job but there were already controversies surrounding his appointment. Had he usurped the organisation? Was there rampant corruption in the organisation? Was he corrupt by nature? There were a lot of questions the public were asking, but none of them were really addressed so well that the public got their curiosity satisfied. Angry that this was the case, Pidgey sought ideas from his team.
    He first went to MrConcreteDonkey. There was something weird about his office that he couldn't put his finger — sorry, wing — on. That's right! There was an abundance of biscuits, tea leaves and coffee beans in the room, for some strange reason. Was this what the Fake News budget went to? There was no time to discuss a possible mismanagement with the budget, because there were more pressing topics to discuss.
    'How do we solve this situation?', Pidgey asked MrConcreteDonkey.
    'We can fabricate tonnes of stories about how the general public is actually brainwashed by a larger entity that is controlling everything. How does that sound?', he replied.
    'Okay I know you stand for the Fake News, but I think the people deserve real news for once.'
    But MCD would not yield.
    'No, but you don't get it. It'll be the best thing ever! People will search for some grander meaning to this all for naught and then we can find new scapegoats when they get bored! It's the perfect crime. Trust me, it will work out great.'
Pidgey paused for a moment.
    'I'll definitely bear that in mind,' Pidgey made slowly. 'Thanks for the great help.'
    'No problem,' MCD replied.
    Pidgey actually didn't think this was a sensible idea, but he didn't say anything about that to MCD. So he went to Yoshi876's office.
    When he found himself at Yoshi876's office, the first thing that he spotted was a gravestone on the other side of the room. On the gravestone was emblazoned the description, 'R.I.P Boaty McBoatface, missed by all'. The cause of death was apparently the NERC. 'Curse the NERC!', a loud voice beckoned.
    'Hello, Yoshi876!', Pidgey exclaimed. 'You don't seem to be in a good mood today. How come?'
    'Oh, it's just my 30th plan to reap the souls of the NERC has failed. I've started to theorise they don't have any. See, to be able to reap souls, there's this important question you need to first ask. Are there any souls present? This is the most important question one needs to ask. I am usually very effective in reaping souls,' he said as he pointed towards his massive collection of creepy jars standing on a shelf on the left side of the room, 'and there's my collection to prove I do a good job. I was certain I'd get this one done without a hitch, but there appear to not be any souls I can reap. This is most unfortunate. I thought I would get revenge at them for not using this brilliant name for a boat, see? It was to be named Boaty McBoatface but they rejected it. It was an awfully dark day, and I don't think I've experienced something that horrid before in my entire life.'
    Pidgey was stunned by this long exposition. But he had no time to waste. 'Uh, that's nice and all, and I do understand your plight — Boaty McBoatface sounds like a perfect name for a boat — but that is not what I am here for. I am here to figure out why the public hate the new administration so much, and why they want Super Mario Bros. back as the Director. I've already asked MrConcreteDonkey and his idea was to fabricate news to make sure the public never got to know the truth. I don't want to go through with this idea. What do you have to say that may salvage this situation?'
    'Just let me devour their souls. It's a job that is going to be super easy for me. See, I just got this new dress made out of this superblack material that absorbs 100% of all light. It's bound to depress everyone that looks at it. What is more is you have to completely crush any will they have to live. The way you accomplish this is by completely filling the 'Shroom with bad news throughout so they think everything that happens in life is bad, and then warn them at every opportunity that this might happen to them if they're not careful with how they live their lives. What you've then created is a situation where nobody bothers with accusing us of mismanagement and just live their sorry lives without a care in the world of who is running the local newsletter. It's a very cohesive plan, and with coordinated efforts made by the entire team we can surely pull this one off.'
    'Wow, slow down there. This would mean cancelling Fun Stuff. Are you sure you want to cancel the entirety of Fun Stuff? This plan is too risky at the moment. If you can come up with a way to slowly restructure Fun Stuff without anyone noticing, I'll give this plan a go.'
    'Okay, I'll think about that one for a long time', Yoshi876 replied.
    'Splendid!'
    Pidgey then traversed into the more art-centred part of the building. He was searching for Funky, the Palette Swap Director. When he eventually found her office, he rang the doorbell. She appeared shortly thereafter.
    'Who is disturbing me? I'm watching some quality baseball here and I hope you have a good reason for interrupting me,' she said with a slight hint of irritation in her voice.
    'It's me, Pidgey. I have an urgent question I need to ask you,' Pidgey replied.
    'Oh well, let's make this brief,' Funky replied, and she opened the door.
    The room was filled with different things. She had a collection of strange barrels that made no sense. Some of them had wings on them, some of them were equipped with propellers, one of them had a sail, and there were several others that seemed to be unfinished. Another part of her room was filled with various baseball memorabilia. After noticing all of this, Pidgey went to work.
    'There's suspicion among the general public that there's rampant corruption in the organisation. The majority seem to be blaming this on the new administration, and especially Super Mario Bros. leaving the Director seat. Do you have any idea how this could be addressed?', Pidgey asked.
    'What we're going to do is we'll insert propaganda in the art presented in the 'Shroom. As Director of Palette Swap, I can ensure this happens. We'll make sure we're showing ourselves in the best of colors, and people are eventually going to stop believing there's a conspiracy', she said and paused for a moment. 'What we're also going to do is have weekly baseball matches that everybody can attend to. The controversies caused by those games in combination with the propaganda are surely going to be enough to sway the general public. This is a flawless plan. I hope you're going to use this plan', she continued.
    'This is a very unique plan. I will definitely consider it. Thanks for the help!', Pidgey replied.
    'No problem! Now, I'm trying to watch some baseball here, so would you mind giving me some privacy?', she asked.
    'Not at all. Enjoy!', he said, and left.
    Pidgey, still unsure of what to do, made his way to Meta Knight's office. Meta Knight had made sure his office was placed at a rather high location because he wanted to practise his flying on the off-hours. This was such a good idea that Pidgey had tried convincing everyone in the office to rebuild his office, but the Director's office was a sacred place apparently. There was nothing to do about it. There was one downside about this remodelling of the place, however: it was rather difficult to reach, and all mail had to be sent through a special flying express. Fortunately there were plenty of Paratroopas around to help, but it took weeks of pay negotiation to make them work efficiently.
    Pidgey rang the doorbell, and a tune played he couldn't recognise. It was probably something from the Kirby series. After a short while, he heard a voice he could recognise. It was Meta Knight's voice.
    'Who is there?', he asked.
    'It's me, Pidgey! I wanted to ask you a question or two, do you have the time?', he asked.
    'No problem. Just come in,' he replied.
    The far side of the room had an impressive collection of ship parts of various sorts, and the near side of the room housed a diverse collection of swords and capes. Meta Knight owning several swords and capes made sense to Pidgey, but he didn't think too much of it. After all, he had a tough task ahead of him. Better get to work immediately, he thought.
    'What did you want to discuss?,' Meta Knight asked.
    'There's allegations thrown at the 'Shroom for being corrupt and that the new administration sucks, and I was hoping you'd have a solution for this dilemma. I would need something that could calm down the public and ensure them that everything is okay and nothing is going to change for the worse. Do you have a suggestion?', he asked.
    'Okay so here's the deal. See my ship piece collection in the back? I can make a gigantic ship if I can obtain more ship pieces. What this ship will do is it will make sure nobody can even protest to what we're doing, or else we will simply shoot them or abduct them. We're going to need a lot of cash to do this, though. Here is where my excellent ability to strategize comes in hand. If we manipulate the stock market in just the right way, we'll earn millions of coins in no time. We can then build the most impressive airship anyone has ever seen. It will be greater than the Halberd and as a result it will be more versatile than the Halberd. How does this sound?'
    'It's a very interesting proposal. I'll definitely consider it! Where would you get the ship parts, though?'
    'Oh, I have my ways, you can leave this one to me.'
    'Okay! If I decide this is the way to go, I'll let you know.'
    'Splendid.'
    There were only two team Directors left to ask. Pidgey returned to his office and flipped a coin. Heads meant asking Anton, tails meant asking Andymii. He got heads, so it was time to pay Anton a visit. When he reached Anton's office, he heard loud noises that were leaking out of the room. The source was unknown, but after requesting access to the room the source of the noise became apparent: it came from a TV. Anton was in the middle of rewatching Legally Blonde and his favorite moment of the movie was playing in the background.
    'You better have a valid reason for disturbing my sacred ritual of watching Legally Blonde every week. It is the pinnacle of modern society and civilization would be completely helpless without this masterpiece of a movie. It criticizes how awful society was prior to its release and now it has completely revitalized society to something unrecognizable but at the same time realizing revolutionary concepts for everyone participating in life. What is more is it single-handedly created feminism and women's right to vote. The movie is also not shy with being extremely colorful and if you're not appreciating this fine piece of art you're a homophobe, a racist and misogynist and need to be send to the opinion correction camp immediately. So, state your business or immediately leave,' Anton said without interruptions.
    'Okay, I'll be brief. There's accusations of the 'Shroom being corrupt and I need an idea on how to stop these dangerous rumors from spreading any further. Do you have one?'
    'Just have everyone watch Legally Blonde twice per week. I don't care how you do it, just make sure everyone does it and there will eventually be no problems left. It's such a magical movie,' he said confidently.
    'Okay, I'll keep this idea in mind! I don't think I should interrupt you any more, though. Have fun!' Pidgey left the room, but before he could leave the room he heard something about the chemistry of ammonium thioglycolate, and Anton immediately shifted his attention toward the TV without paying notice to Pidgey even being in the room.
    'What stunning fashion sense Elle has. She must have an impressive wardrobe at home', Anton remarked.
    Pidgey was on his last leg of his journey. There was one team Director left to ask, and that one was Andymii. He ventured down the building and into the largest room of them all. The reason the room was so large was because it used to accommodate Packy's large figure when he was the Director of Fun Stuff. The room was now too large for Andymii, who had previously requested to be moved. An empty room had finally opened up, and he was excited to move into a more manageable office. Nonetheless, Pidgey requested access to the room, and Andymii eventually let him in.
    'What brings you to my office?', Andymii asked.
    'There are rumours going around that there's corruption in this organisation, that I usurped the Director, and that the current administration sucks. How do I get rid of these allegations?', Pidgey asked
    Andymii, known for his controversial opinions, said the following, 'What you can do here is have this solved by democracy. What you do is you host a survey where readers can say which Director they liked the most. What you can then do is adjust your leadership depending on the results you get. This is very cost-efficient and will help you in the long run. How does this sound?'
    'This sounds like a splendid idea! I'll definitely keep this in mind. Would you mind if I left now? There are a lot of things I need to think about.'
    'No problem! I'm happy to help!'
    Pidgey was finally back in his office. When he returned, he noticed another person. No, not a person. A ghost. It was Blocky.
    'Hey, what's up?', Blocky asked.
    'The sky', Pidgey replied.
    'I know, dumbass.'
    'Then why ask the question?'
    'Because I wanted to.'
    'That sounds like a fair reason.'
    'Anyway, I'm here with the recent complaints from our readers. I'm not sure for how long I can keep providing explanations that will curb the rumors. Have you made any progress on this front?'
    'I've asked all of the team Directors. MrConcreteDonkey said we should fabricate news, Yoshi876 said we should reap the souls of everyone so they had no energy to complain, Funky said the best plan was to spread propaganda and host weekly baseball events, Meta Knight suggested we build a gigantic ship like the Halberd from the Kirby series and gun down or capture whistleblowers, Anton proposed having everyone watch Legally Blonde twice per week, and Andymii said we should host a survey where people get to say which Director they liked the most. Which one do you like the most?'
    'Andymii's suggestion.'
    'Why?'
    'Less work that way.'
    'That's a really good point.'
    'It's the best point.'
    'Thanks for being a pal.'
    'No problem.'
    Later that month, the survey was held. The results eventually came in, and they were the following.

A plan to follow up on the results was made up, and the allegations were dropped thereafter. All was well.

MrConcreteDonkey is up next with S8 - Favorite Written Section of the Past Year!

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 04:13:04 PM »
the asterisks were the best part of the presentation tbh

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 04:13:20 PM »
  'Andymii's suggestion.'
    'Why?'
    'Less work that way.'
    'That's a really good point.'
    'It's the best point.'
    'Thanks for being a pal.'
    'No problem.'
confirming this is how me and pi make all our Shroom decisions

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 04:14:06 PM »
congrats smb, deserved again
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 04:14:16 PM »
great presentation pi!

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 04:15:38 PM »
S8 - Favourite Written Section of the Past Year
By MrConcreteDonkey

Tucayo is up next with S2 - Favorite Team!

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 04:15:47 PM »
In before SMB wins everything again.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 04:17:20 PM »

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »
see this is why you never put mcd in charge of anything

well except for somehow running fake news for five years

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 04:18:24 PM »

I keep seeing her holding an iron instead of that trophy lol

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)