Brutal Mario

Jigglypurin

My cursor has blood on it.
Banned User
A Mario World hack created by Carol.
It pushes the SNES to its limit, supposing a real SNES can handle Demo 7.

oh god i remember playing this hack

i thought it was pretty lame for like the first 1 or 2 worlds. good ideas but overall boring

then it arguably changed. its probably one of the best mario world hacks and talking too much about it would ruin some of the surprises lol

also this is probably on the wrong board, not sure though

Can't patch 7.5. Somebody help.
The screen glitches permanently whenever I do.

SuperDoom said:

use lunar ips (and a valid smw rom which you probably already have though)

not sure if im allowed to post a download link here, just google it.

June said:
SuperDoom said:

use lunar ips (and a valid smw rom which you probably already have though)

That's what I used.
This is what came out of it:
(actually Tinypic didn't work so no video)

Luigi_Fan said:
June said:
linking hack patches should be okay, however linking roms is definitely a no.

most websites that host lips also host roms afaik so i better not

By the way, you should probably use Floating IPS instead as that patcher can detect if you're applying the patch to the right rom.

But first, grab an original, unmodified Super Mario World rom from your pc if you have one already or around on the internet. Run that rom in this which should "clean" the rom so that it can be patched. The reason your problem occurs is that you used a slightly different version of the SMW rom that carol used to make Brutal Mario, at least I think so.

edit: If the problem still occurs, what emulator are you using?

ive played quite a few smw hacks on zsnes and all i ever used was lips and a pal version of super mario world and it literally never caused any sort of problem

Luigi_Fan said:
By the way, you should probably use Floating IPS instead as that patcher can detect if you're applying the patch to the right rom.

But first, grab an original, unmodified Super Mario World rom from your pc if you have one already or around on the internet. Run that rom in this which should "clean" the rom so that it can be patched. The reason your problem occurs is that you used a slightly different version of the SMW rom that carol used to make Brutal Mario, at least I think so.

edit: If the problem still occurs, what emulator are you using?
I'm using SNES9X. ZSNES does the same.

at least it works, because its the one i used, and the most up to date version smwcentral (a reliable website) hosts

June said:
at least it works, because its the one i used, and the most up to date version smwcentral (a reliable website) hosts
I already use 7.0.

have you tried downloading the fresh rom already?

really, theres no discernable reason why you have a problem with this particular ips unless the way youre patching it is wrong.

One of the most amusing things about this game, from watching some Youtube videos, are the bosses. I wonder if this is something that's been brought up already. Anyway, it's pretty funny to see:

1) Boss Dumb Drum as a Mario boss
2) Seiken Densetsu 3 bosses
3) Kirby as a gigantic enemy ala Baby Bowser in Yoshi's Island
4) The possibility of Luigi being the final boss.

Thanks for reading.

Back